Sweet Autumn Tea

Rooibos Tea
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by elarun

• “Sipdown! So I grabbed this tea thinking it was a flavoured black.... clearly not. Brewed it up anyways though... I've had four other caffeinated teas, so my headache should go away soon - one...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “YUM! I wasn't really excited to try this sample from Lupicia because it's a rooibos blend and rooibos isn't my favorite. But, here, the rooibos actually works perfectly. The nutty flavor of the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4405 tasting notes
  • “I have decided to attempt to wade through the superslow loading that is Steepster. Why? Well, I miss having a tea-centric spot with friendly tea-folk. (And it's really nice to check out what I...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This is a free sample I got from the nice folks at Lupicia with my monthly newsletter. It's one of those pyramid teabags made from fabric that are so trendy these days, blah blah blah. I almost...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2399 tasting notes

From Lupicia

This fall-themed, caffeine-free rooibos blend embodies the sweet bounty of the season. Nestled within the chestnut flavored rooibos tea are pieces of Japanese sweet potato and pumpkin.

About Lupicia View company

Tried it, liked it, added soy milk…Loved it! I am not a fan of soy milk and you can even say i think its gross (: but Sweet Autumn tastes awesome with it brewed hot on a chilly autumn afternoon. I liked how you can taste the nice pumpkin and sweet potato notes! I added some agave nectar to sweeten, which i usually don’t do when drinking tea but this was a good exception. Knowing how Rooibos doesn’t burn, I brewed this tea for 10 minutes to get a nice full body steep. I added warm soy milk and some agave nectar and…voila! You got yourself a nice cup of bomb milk tea!

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I’ve only had a few different rooibos teas and I’ve liked them all until this one. This actually reminds me of Asian barley/corn tea~ it might be the chestnut that I find overpowering that is reminding me of the sweet, raw corn taste. The tea is much finer than tea leaves so I used a third of what I normally scoop~ steeped at 195F @ 4minutes (Rating: 35)

Update: Okay, so I tried different steeping times and amount of tea; I did 1/6 of what normally scoop for tea, 195F @ 2 minutes and it came out a lot milder than before. I’m going to change my rating to 45~

I got this teabag as a freebie from a promotion they were running when I went to their store.

I actually didn’t realize this was a rooibos until I opened the teabag. Good thing I wasn’t fiending for some caffeine.

This tea smells sweet and chestnut-y and tastes like sweet yams. I don’t usually put sugar in my tea, and this tea definitely does not need it. The second cup tastes even more like sweet potato. It’s a great fall flavor, but I’m not sure I’d buy a whole bag of this.

いもくりかぼ茶が大好き! This tea has such a nice warm, sweet, nutty flavor. Not candy-sweet, but starchy-sweet, like sweet potatoes (pieces of which are scattered throughout the tea). It brings to mind fallen acorns, crispy-golden leaves, the earthy scent and senses of autumn.