Sweet Autumn Tea

Rooibos Tea
Autumn Leaf Pile, Burnt, Pumpkin, Sweet, Chestnut, Earth, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Rooibos, Sweet Potatoes
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by elarun

• “Sipdown! So I grabbed this tea thinking it was a flavoured black.... clearly not. Brewed it up anyways though... I've had four other caffeinated teas, so my headache should go away soon - one...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2410 tasting notes
  • “YUM! I wasn't really excited to try this sample from Lupicia because it's a rooibos blend and rooibos isn't my favorite. But, here, the rooibos actually works perfectly. The nutty flavor of the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4461 tasting notes
  • “I have decided to attempt to wade through the superslow loading that is Steepster. Why? Well, I miss having a tea-centric spot with friendly tea-folk. (And it's really nice to check out what I...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I was meeting a friend of mine at the Loving Hut today for lunch... I had too much time to kill and unfortunately went into the teashops including Lupicia. I think my challenge for October is to go...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2488 tasting notes

From Lupicia

This fall-themed, caffeine-free rooibos blend embodies the sweet bounty of the season. Nestled within the chestnut flavored rooibos tea are pieces of Japanese sweet potato and pumpkin.

About Lupicia View company

Tried it, liked it, added soy milk…Loved it! I am not a fan of soy milk and you can even say i think its gross (: but Sweet Autumn tastes awesome with it brewed hot on a chilly autumn afternoon. I liked how you can taste the nice pumpkin and sweet potato notes! I added some agave nectar to sweeten, which i usually don’t do when drinking tea but this was a good exception. Knowing how Rooibos doesn’t burn, I brewed this tea for 10 minutes to get a nice full body steep. I added warm soy milk and some agave nectar and…voila! You got yourself a nice cup of bomb milk tea!

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I’ve only had a few different rooibos teas and I’ve liked them all until this one. This actually reminds me of Asian barley/corn tea~ it might be the chestnut that I find overpowering that is reminding me of the sweet, raw corn taste. The tea is much finer than tea leaves so I used a third of what I normally scoop~ steeped at 195F @ 4minutes (Rating: 35)

Update: Okay, so I tried different steeping times and amount of tea; I did 1/6 of what normally scoop for tea, 195F @ 2 minutes and it came out a lot milder than before. I’m going to change my rating to 45~

I’ve heard a lot about this, and since Lupicia was offering free shipping, I figured I’d give it a go. And I really don’t know what to think.
I really don’t like the smell, to me it smells like a burnt pumpkin…or burnt something fall-ish. The flavor definitely tastes like a pumpkin and squash. But that burning taste still kinda lingers. :S
I think if it weren’t for that burning taste I’d really dig this one, but since it just lingers through the entire cup, I don’t feel like such a fan.
I do however appreciate the natural sweetness of this tea. Always do appreciate not feeling like I have to add sugar or anything since I screw it up so easily! :P
But yeah, not a huge fan of this tea…Might just put it up for sale or something. I’m sure there are people who would enjoy it wayy more than me. xD

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Burnt, Pumpkin, Sweet

Aww, I bought a tin already or I’d take it. :(

Ost

I will sell it for a cheap price anyway, so if you decide you want more, then hit me up! :P

TeaTiff

Uh oh. I ordered this one too just hoping I would like it, without having tried it.

I was 100% looking forward to trying this tea, but I found out today that it is most definitely not for me. So, I won’t rate it. I sampled this cold. I’ve never had a tea that included sweet potato or chestnut as flavors, so I’m not totally sure which one was throwing me off. All I know is that the dry leaf smelled fantastic and promising, while the liquor smelled…not as fantastic or promising. And, most importantly, the first sip made my boyfriend and I look at each other like…“Huh? What is THAT?” When I read the ingredients he said he thinks it’s the chestnut. I don’t recall having eaten chestnuts before, which quite possibly means that this tea would just take some getting used to. But, I’ve got enough tea right now that I think this one will be pretty far down on the “to try again” list. Oh well. It was a learning experience.

This was one of the Lupicia teas that TeaBrat was kind enough to provide me samples of. I especially appreciate this one since it’s a seasonal tea that won’t be around for long, and I plan to make a Lupicia order soon. It’s a mixture of red rooibos with teeny pieces of dehydrated pumpkin and larger pieces of Japanese sweet potato. Dry scent is very caramel-y and sweet with a strong pumpkin puree note.

The steeped tea smells strongly of rooibos with a sweet and earthy aroma. I added a touch of raw sugar to my cup. I must say, I really love this tea! The rooibos is definitely present, so any rooibos haters probably won’t be able to enjoy this one… However, it’s not the icky medicinal rooibos. The lovely pumpkin and sweet potato flavors blend seamlessly with the base and give it a touch of sweetness and richness. The chestnut adds a nice earthy note and nutty roasted flavor. Overall, a very rich and decadent rooibos blend with lovely fall flavors!

Flavors: Chestnut, Earth, Nutty, Pumpkin, Roasted nuts, Rooibos, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

I’m glad you liked it, you need to order now, lol!

Oh do I? Is it going to go away soon? D:

Cheri

Sounds sooo yummy!

Lariel of Lórien

It tastes like pie.

TeaBrat

They told me in the store they would discontinue it at the end of October. It comes back every year though.

Cameron B.

Aw man, I guess I do need to order soon then.

Went on a Lupicia run with my coworker today to pick up this tea. I also restocked caramel & rum and picked up decaf momo. :) A perfect lunch break! Tea shopping therapy!!!

I’ve been less than enthralled with my caffeine free tea selection lately, so this tea is a nice change. I’m also really in the mood for all things fall even though it’s still hot!

I steeped this one up the minute I got back to the office. I have to be honest and say that my first impression of this tea was baby food. Yes, mashed sweet potatoes in the little baby food jar, but in a good way! I promise! You can still taste the rooibos, but the sweet potato note is dominant, I also added some milk and it was very creamy. No need to add sugar. You could also say it tastes like sweet potato soup, but without the salt that is usually in soup. There really is no spice in this tea, unlike all the other squash/pumpkin-flavored things around this time of year. It’s straight sweet potato, which is a nice change, actually. I found it very warming and cozy, and I think I’m going to enjoy this, especially once the weather wakes up and remembers what time of year it’s supposed to be!

Yum yum yum. I’m glad I have a sample of this on its way! :D

Tealizzy

Can’t wait to see your tasting note once you get to try it!

Ost

So tempted to get this one….
Though, I doubt it will be around by the time I get to a Lupicia store again. Sounds super good though! Maybe they will bring it back again. Everyone seems to like it.

So, on Sunday, I went to the Lupicia store. This tea was one of the samples they offered me. It smelled very much like herbal pumpkins, and the sweet potato. The flavour was like having a warm pumpkin pie. Would have preferred more sweet potato though.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes

Tealizzy

I really want some of this. Going to try and stop in to the store at lunch today!

Lariel of Lórien

They’ll probably still have it as a sample.

TeaBrat

I think they only have it until the end of October, fyi

Tealizzy

I went today! The sample was the ginger one they advertised, but I picked some of this one up anyway. I like it! :)

I got this teabag as a freebie from a promotion they were running when I went to their store.

I actually didn’t realize this was a rooibos until I opened the teabag. Good thing I wasn’t fiending for some caffeine.

This tea smells sweet and chestnut-y and tastes like sweet yams. I don’t usually put sugar in my tea, and this tea definitely does not need it. The second cup tastes even more like sweet potato. It’s a great fall flavor, but I’m not sure I’d buy a whole bag of this.

Just got my fresh tin in the mail. I love this tea! Autumn is now here!