Momoko

Fruit Green Blend
Peach, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Super sad sipdown! I quite like this tea, I wish it was a little more peachy, but the creamyness is really tasty. Reminds me I'm due for a Lupicia order, though I really hate their shipping price...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 934 tasting notes
  • “It's not as cold anymore (Okay, Canadians, I know 10 C doesn't seem very cold to you considering your current weather situation, but it's really been unusually chilly and wet here.) so I can drink...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “Odd! I know this is supposed to be peach but it tastes kinda almondy to me. Like in an almond flavor kind of way. I get the texture and mouthfeel of matcha here from the added matcha powder. I...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 484 tasting notes
  • “I decided I was going to cold brew this last night and it is pretty good that way, which is fortunate since I didn't care for it very much when it was hot. It's a beautiful sunny day here and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes

From Lupicia

MOMOKO captures the enchanting nature of a graceful Japanese beauty. The inviting flavors of luscious peach and sweet vanilla are accented with lovely flowers in a fresh green tea base. This tea is exceptional without any added sweetener, as an amazing sweetness comes through in the tea leaves, enhanced by the peach and vanilla. Try hot or iced for a brew to be enjoyed throughout the year.
#8536

About Lupicia View company

This tea looks pretty and smells pretty, but tastes too artificial for me. The fake peach flavor is a little overwhelming. I cannot really taste the green tea base unless I steep it longer, and when I do that then the green tea only comes through at the end and it’s too astringent and bitter. Yuck. Not a favorite for me, so I will save this one for dear husband who loves fruity teas.

Tea #25 from Considering a new TTB
I haven’t had a chance to order from Lupicia yet so I’m always excited when one of their teas pop up in a TTB, but sadly I’m a bit on the fence about this tea. For some reason it reminds me of Peach Os and I never really was a fan of those. Peach seems to be a really hard flavor to reproduce in tea, I find that more often than not I’m just not quite satisfied with the flavor. I can only think of one or two peach teas that I would consider ordering again, which is unfortunate because I absolutely love peach.

I tried this hot, but I really think it would be much better cold steeped. I’ll have to settle for tossing this in the fridge and letting it chill for a few hours.

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So the free sample with my order worked. I had to have more of this and placed another order. Now I’m happily sipping on another cup of this delicious creamy peach tea!

A Lupicia sample, and very good, I must say.

I am always wary with green teas, but this one treated me right. A full, voluptious taste, with a hint of sweet fruit. Pretty darn good!
Perhaps something to consider for the future?

Anna

I love this one! Almost out, definite rebuy for me.

One of my favorite green teas to drink. It’s very relaxing and a little sweet. Try cold brewing it to make iced tea, it’s even better. I don’t taste the peach, but it’s still a pleasant tea to try.

Got this in the mail as part of the lupicia newsletter program. I was hesitant at first since fruit teas usually smell great but taste bland. After brewing it I’m definitely going to order more! This is honestly one of my new favorite teas, which is weird since I don’t like green tea or peaches.

This tea tastes so juicy and fresh and is naturally sweet so it needs no sugar. The green tea itself is natural and clean tasting and has no grassy undertones—more similar to a lighter oolong or a white tea. I definitely recommend it!

There are sugar crystals in this tea. Very geometric ones. This was surprising, the first time I saw it; I don’t usually add anything to my green tea, so to see there was sugar already mixed in threw me for a loop.

There’s definitely a difference between this and other peach teas, marked by the presence of vanilla. It makes for a sweeter fruity scent.

I have a tendency to forget to take the tea strainer out of my tea, so “oversteeped” is a way of life. This is a tea which does well with this kind of forgetfulness; the green never gets so astringent that it becomes undrinkable, and the peach-vanilla only gets stronger. It’s a strange tea in that, in my most recent experience, the taste of the tea itself is there but more as a background, undercurrent of flavor. Generally speaking, I like my green teas to taste green, so my feelings about Momoko were pretty mixed the first time I tried it. Still, I found I liked it enough to get a new pouch this year.

This tea tastes beautiful. A perfect summer tea, hot or cold. It does not require sweetener and the peachy flavor combines well with the green tea. I highly recommend this tea!