Momoko

Fruit Green Blend
Peach, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Super sad sipdown! I quite like this tea, I wish it was a little more peachy, but the creamyness is really tasty. Reminds me I'm due for a Lupicia order, though I really hate their shipping price...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1019 tasting notes
  • “It's not as cold anymore (Okay, Canadians, I know 10 C doesn't seem very cold to you considering your current weather situation, but it's really been unusually chilly and wet here.) so I can drink...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Odd! I know this is supposed to be peach but it tastes kinda almondy to me. Like in an almond flavor kind of way. I get the texture and mouthfeel of matcha here from the added matcha powder. I...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes
  • “I decided I was going to cold brew this last night and it is pretty good that way, which is fortunate since I didn't care for it very much when it was hot. It's a beautiful sunny day here and...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2310 tasting notes

From Lupicia

MOMOKO captures the enchanting nature of a graceful Japanese beauty. The inviting flavors of luscious peach and sweet vanilla are accented with lovely flowers in a fresh green tea base. This tea is exceptional without any added sweetener, as an amazing sweetness comes through in the tea leaves, enhanced by the peach and vanilla. Try hot or iced for a brew to be enjoyed throughout the year.
#8536

About Lupicia View company

The sales assistant was kind enough to brew this one up for me as well while I was in-store. The description sounds like something that would appeal to me- white peaches+vanilla+green tea. I was expecting something soft and yummy.

Well… It was nice? To me it was too sweet, I didn’t get much floral and the green while strong was kind of too smokey. This was not the blend I had envisioned in my mind, and it isn’t really what the leaves smell like dry. The SA said this is actually one of the sweetest teas in store, and all of the SF teas are rather sweet- which mildly surprises me because San Franciscans tend to run on black coffee mostly. Black coffee and chinese donuts. =D Growing up in SF, there was never a shortage of pastries and coffee.

Now this is peach done right! It is peachy and delicious but not over-the-top sweet. The base is smooth and buttery while a nice hint if vanilla finishes up each sip. So, so good! Thank you Dustin for the chance to try this out!!

Amariel

Does this get an entry into Project Peach 2014? Should Anna be alerted?

VariaTEA

I am pretty sure she has already had it and enjoys it a lot :)

Thank you Sil for sharing this sample with me! (170)
It’s a nice light tea – peach and vanilla as described.
It’s strange, but I think I’d like it more if it were all peach or all vanilla, but with both I feel like the flavours are too muted. It’s probably just me though!

This taste… it reminds me of my grandma’s bathroom. Though it’s a sad state now a days before she always kept peach smelling soap and what not in there. The vanilla I couldn’t really taste until the tea got cold. Which I found rather odd. Not a tea I would get for myself but glad I was able to try it.

2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Stephanie

Bathroom tea does not sound pleasant :P

This tea looks pretty and smells pretty, but tastes too artificial for me. The fake peach flavor is a little overwhelming. I cannot really taste the green tea base unless I steep it longer, and when I do that then the green tea only comes through at the end and it’s too astringent and bitter. Yuck. Not a favorite for me, so I will save this one for dear husband who loves fruity teas.

Tea #25 from Considering a new TTB
I haven’t had a chance to order from Lupicia yet so I’m always excited when one of their teas pop up in a TTB, but sadly I’m a bit on the fence about this tea. For some reason it reminds me of Peach Os and I never really was a fan of those. Peach seems to be a really hard flavor to reproduce in tea, I find that more often than not I’m just not quite satisfied with the flavor. I can only think of one or two peach teas that I would consider ordering again, which is unfortunate because I absolutely love peach.

I tried this hot, but I really think it would be much better cold steeped. I’ll have to settle for tossing this in the fridge and letting it chill for a few hours.

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

We meet again Momoko… iced! I have been drinking this hot without sugar, but I think I prefer it with a touch of sugar when iced. I still get amazing juicy peach and cream flavor. I love this tea!

Iced
Skysamurai

Hmmm i feel i must try it like this too now.

Dustin

You should! The weather is heating up here in Texas so I’m looking at all my teas with a cold eye!

A Lupicia sample, and very good, I must say.

I am always wary with green teas, but this one treated me right. A full, voluptious taste, with a hint of sweet fruit. Pretty darn good!
Perhaps something to consider for the future?

Anna

I love this one! Almost out, definite rebuy for me.

One of my favorite green teas to drink. It’s very relaxing and a little sweet. Try cold brewing it to make iced tea, it’s even better. I don’t taste the peach, but it’s still a pleasant tea to try.

Got this in the mail as part of the lupicia newsletter program. I was hesitant at first since fruit teas usually smell great but taste bland. After brewing it I’m definitely going to order more! This is honestly one of my new favorite teas, which is weird since I don’t like green tea or peaches.

This tea tastes so juicy and fresh and is naturally sweet so it needs no sugar. The green tea itself is natural and clean tasting and has no grassy undertones—more similar to a lighter oolong or a white tea. I definitely recommend it!