Momoko

Fruit Green Blend
Peach, Vanilla, Bitter, Seaweed, Vegetal, Custard, Grass, Oak wood, Sweet, Tart, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

From Lupicia

MOMOKO captures the enchanting nature of a graceful Japanese beauty. The inviting flavors of luscious peach and sweet vanilla are accented with lovely flowers in a fresh green tea base. This tea is exceptional without any added sweetener, as an amazing sweetness comes through in the tea leaves, enhanced by the peach and vanilla. Try hot or iced for a brew to be enjoyed throughout the year.
#8536

About Lupicia View company

I’m new to the tea world so I won’t give it a rating. I suppose this is more for my reference. The smell of the tea at the store is what enticed me to buy it. Peachy and green, with a hint of vanilla. After adding hot water, the smell turned cloyingly sweet and vanilly, which makes me tired of smelling it. It’s getting a little better as it cools so perhaps I will try cold brewing it next time.

Flavors: Peach, Vanilla

I just never know what to expect when it comes to green teas. It seems that I really dislike most that I try, and love just a small few. I need to figure out which green tea base it is that doesn’t agree with me.
Unfortunately, this is one of those that I seem to not like. I think I get a bit of creamy vanilla right at the beginning of the sip, and then it’s overpowered by something vegetabley and almost fishy. It’s all I can taste, and I don’t get any peach flavor at all! :( This tea has great reviews, so I doubt it’s anything with the tea itself, just my own weirdness with green teas.

This is a nice flavored tea with strong notes of peach and vanilla. It does not have that vegetal taste so often associated with green teas.

Brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 2 min.

Flavors: Peach, Vanilla

Sipdown (105)!

Good Morning Steepster! Back at Calendar Club for the week, so time to catch up on tasting notes from the weekend…

Kicking it off with this cold brew! Sample came from Cameron B. but I have a hunch that it was originally from Dexter. I don’t know why I wanted to try this one; I’m not big on green tea and fickle with peach. Maybe it’s just because it’s Lupicia and they’re not a super available company – so sort of a “try what you can when you can” kind of mind set?

Have to admit I was really not into this tea. It’s was so incredibly vegetal and kind of seaweedy, and then had this really intense bitter aftertaste that kind of made me gag. And then the peach was weirdly strong and contrasting next to the bitter seaweed. All in all it reminded me of a sorta “worse” take on Della Terra’s A Rabbit’s Garden? I mean, I sorta liked A Rabbit’s Garden but it had negative traits – this was those negative traits on steroids.

But I wont rate and lower the overall rating for this one because I knew it wasn’t my thing to begin with and my bias shouldn’t affect the overall rating. Though it was kinda worse than I was expecting, and my expectations were relatively low…

Flavors: Bitter, Peach, Seaweed, Vegetal

Cameron B.

This one came from greenteafairy originally. :) I just made a Lupicia order so I may have to send you some samples if there’s anything you’re interested in!

Roswell Strange

I stand corrected! :)

Greenteafairy was kind enough to send me this one in our swap. I’m always on the lookout for more Lupicia samples! The tea itself is a mixture of medium green leaves with tiny pink flower buds and a few big pieces of sanding sugar? Odd. Dry, it smells like Peachy-Os to me with a touch of added vanilla.

Once steeped, I still smell peach gummies, but there’s a bit more tartness here now that helps round the aroma. I can smell a bit of vanilla as well. Wow, the vanilla is much stronger than I expected here! It actually almost outshines the peach for me, and it has that slight woody hint of bourbon vanilla. The peach is mild and mostly sweet with just a touch of tartness. I can taste it clearly in the beginning of the sip, but the vanilla takes over toward the end. The base tea is a mild, I can taste only a hint of grassiness.

Flavors: Custard, Grass, Oak wood, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

tea-sipper

I see you’re on Steepster, Cameron.. there were some changes last night on the Bluebird order gram amounts.. did you get back to QueenofTarts about that?

Cameron B.

Yes, I did. Guess she hasn’t been on yet.

tea-sipper

Okay thanks :D

I’ve been drinking a lot of black tea lately, so I thought I should switch to a green blend for this morning’s cup. And mmm, Momoko is a favorite of mine… Super creamy with loads of vanilla, complimented by gentle peach notes. I can smell the peach more than I can taste it, but it’s there— it lends a juiciness to the vanilla that’s really distinct and delicious. (And no need to add sugar. There are sugar crystals already in the tea!) When I first tried this blend, I was surprised at how well the sweet flavors complement the green tea base. The base is pretty vegetal, like a lot of Japanese greens. But when I steep it quickly (two minutes max, preferably less), I don’t seem to get any bitterness in my cup, just that buttery vegetal note you get with nice sencha. There’s a powdery mouthfeel, and particles do tend to settle on the bottom of the cup, like with a lot of Japanese greens. (On a side note, I’ve been partial to flavored greens lately, for some reason… Straight greens don’t excite me as much as they used to. Maybe because I’ve been discovering so many tasty black teas and oolongs!)

I used to drink Bigelow’s peach green tea (the bagged kind) almost every night, back when I didn’t know anything about loose leaf. For me, Momoko is like the fancy version of that tea, with a major upgrade in quality and lots of added creaminess. Yum! I have to say, Lupicia really nails it with their fruit flavors, in my experience. Anyone who enjoys fruit in their tea (especially apple, peach, mango, and passionfruit) should give them a try.

The very nice Ost sent me this to try. It has a nice green and fruity scent. This has a good peachy green flavour, along with some creaminess from the vanilla. I had fresh peaches with it, which was even better. Now I’ve tried all their peach teas. :)

Flavors: Green, Peach, Vanilla

Glad you liked it!!

Dustin

i love this tea!

Flyawaybirdie

Yay! I’m glad you got to try it!

So ordered a tin of this along with a crap load of Golden Honeydew from Lupicia the other day. xD I’m glad that I only got one tin of this.
I feel like a lot of the Lupicia teas I’ve tried so far have been super sweet and didn’t need any added sweetener. But this one is different.
The peach in this is kinda bitter.
I steeped it for about 3 minutes. So not like overly long…but it just seems like I steeped it for an hour. 0_0 I can taste the vanilla in this tea though, which is nice.
But would be even better if they had a sweet peach/vanilla flavor instead of the bitter peach/vanilla that I am tasting xD
Kinda meh about this tea…but I’ll have to try it a few more times before I give up :S

Flavors: Bitter, Peach, Vanilla

albertocanfly

Ruh roh…. Sounds like you have a trouble maker on your hands! You have to whip it into shape! :D

Ost

Hahah xD Yeah I gotta figure this one out for sure.
If you’re interested in it, I can send some to you! :P

boychik

Maybe cold steep?

Ost

Yeah maybe. I’ll mess around with it again, see what works.

Tealizzy

I agree..this one isn’t my favorite, but if you like peach, you should try Momo (black) or Momo super grade oolong.

Ost

Oh my goodness, Tealizzzy I LOVE Momo Super Grade Oolong!! That is probably my favorite Peach tea!

albertocanfly

If you wouldn’t mind, I’d love to try it! .

The sales assistant was kind enough to brew this one up for me as well while I was in-store. The description sounds like something that would appeal to me- white peaches+vanilla+green tea. I was expecting something soft and yummy.

Well… It was nice? To me it was too sweet, I didn’t get much floral and the green while strong was kind of too smokey. This was not the blend I had envisioned in my mind, and it isn’t really what the leaves smell like dry. The SA said this is actually one of the sweetest teas in store, and all of the SF teas are rather sweet- which mildly surprises me because San Franciscans tend to run on black coffee mostly. Black coffee and chinese donuts. =D Growing up in SF, there was never a shortage of pastries and coffee.

Now this is peach done right! It is peachy and delicious but not over-the-top sweet. The base is smooth and buttery while a nice hint if vanilla finishes up each sip. So, so good! Thank you Dustin for the chance to try this out!!

Amariel

Does this get an entry into Project Peach 2014? Should Anna be alerted?

VariaTEA

I am pretty sure she has already had it and enjoys it a lot :)