Té de Frutas

Fruity, Lychee, Peach, Strawberry, Sweet
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by elarun

• “SIPDOWN! So i won't make it to 205 but at least i can get under 210 this weekend. Not that it will mean much because there is tea on the way! hahaha. This is one of my older teas, so i'm glad to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5236 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #7, ending the day at 311 teas, I think. They may not be entirely accurate, actually, because there were a few teas I restocked from Butiki, but I'll settle out the numbers at the end of...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3046 tasting notes
  • “I can't honestly say that I recall the last time I had a decaffeinated tea, and I generally don't bother, but when *Sil* opened up the bag of this for me to sniff, the amazingly delicious smell of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2491 tasting notes
  • “This tea packs a wallop when you open the package....your nose will be very happy and hopeful. There is lychee in this tea as well as other fruity notes. But alas, when you step this, you'll...” Read full tasting note
    Donkeytiara 148 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Decaffeinated black tea flavored with strawberries, peaches and lychees.

About Lupicia View company

SIPDOWN! So i won’t make it to 205 but at least i can get under 210 this weekend. Not that it will mean much because there is tea on the way! hahaha. This is one of my older teas, so i’m glad to be finishing it all up. I’d pick this up again if i’m ever around a Lupicia store again :)

Terri HarpLady

I still have some of this from the generous sample you sent me : )

Haha. I never did make it as a cold brew I don’t think heh

Sipdown #7, ending the day at 311 teas, I think. They may not be entirely accurate, actually, because there were a few teas I restocked from Butiki, but I’ll settle out the numbers at the end of the month.

This was a generous sample from Sil, a nice fruity blend, also a decaf, which allowed me to drink one more cup of black tea into the evening. Thanks Sil!

I can’t honestly say that I recall the last time I had a decaffeinated tea, and I generally don’t bother, but when Sil opened up the bag of this for me to sniff, the amazingly delicious smell of fresh lychee was impossible to pass up! So here we are.

Brewed up, the tea retains this incredibly fruity aroma, which is packed with lychee goodness. I’ve had a lychee before, DavidsTea’s Lychee Black, but I don’t recall it having such a real fruit aroma. I’ll have to re-check my tasting notes, but I don’t think I particularly liked it. Anyhow, this tea. Can’t get over how delicious it smells. Flavourwise, however, it does leave a little something to be desired, and that’s primarily in the base. I suspect it has to do with the decaffeination, but the base just isn’t as good as it could be. Or perhaps, more to the point, I think I’d prefer this with a white or green base that’s more vegetal.

Either way, the flavour is bang on fruity lychee, so if you are fond of such things, I suggest you give it a shot! Thanks for giving me a sample of this one Sil!

i’m just happy to try out all the new teas :) so much fun getting to have new teas without having to buy a bunch!

This tea packs a wallop when you open the package….your nose will be very happy and hopeful. There is lychee in this tea as well as other fruity notes. But alas, when you step this, you’ll wish you used more tea. When you taste this tea, you get a blast of fruit, but not a lot of tea. On a final note, it’s now 4 hours later, and I’m still burping that fruity smell…. Bleah.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

lol ok

After I angrily tossed my last cup down the drain, I had to redeem the night by trying another new (to me) tea. I chose Té de Frutas! I’ve never had a decaffeinated tea before. I don’t know why truthfully since even the slightest bit of caffeine heightens my anxiety and elevates my heart rate in a not-so-cute manner(, but will that ever stop me from drinking vanilla lattes etc, nah), so when I received this in my 福袋, I admit I was sort of wary.

lol yeah. My fears were proven wrong, and I am now wondering when I will meet a Lupicia tea I’ll actually dislike? It’s a black tea with nice fruity undertones. I’ve never had a lychee berry before, so I am not sure what taste I am looking for, but the peaches and strawberries come out well. This should probably be my new nighttime tea, ah.

Lupicia is so good at creating delicious smelling teas. I just can’t resist trying them out. This one smells like a lychee fruit party to end all parties. Unfortunately, when I made it hot, it had that flavor that I can only define as “decaf”…

Good news is, it’s great cold-brewed! The lychee and strawberry flavors really come through for a tasty tea. Rating is for cold-brewed, only.

Does anyone else know what I mean by “decaf” taste? It’s sort of a weird texture/perfume taste. Am I imagining things?

Iced 8 min or more

This is one of the few decafs I have in my collection, and I must say that on second tasting I’m somewhat less impressed with it. It might just be the decaf base. Aside from the delicious fruitiness of the peaches, lychee, and strawberry, it tastes a little bland. Maybe I just need more leaves per cupful?

Anyway, it’s not something I’d drink without at least a little sweetening to help it along; the tea flavor by itself just isn’t good enough to carry the thing. I’m assuming it’s just something to be expected for decaf teas.

BUT I’ve had it loads of time as an iced tea. It’s great iced, and is a comforting cupful for those late nights when you need to have something hot but not caffeinated. Just not something I’m overly excited about.

Flavors: Fruity, Lychee, Strawberry

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Thank you Maria for the sale a while back! I love the tiny little flowers in the blend. This certainly doesn’t taste like decaf, just a lighter black tea. But that works for the lovely flavors. The scent of the dry leaves is identical to the flavor: mostly lychee and sweet strawberry. Not really peach to me. Very tasty, crisp and refreshing. Not a boring decaf at all! I should have more to say about this one with so many elements to it…
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min

TeaBrat

this is really good for a decaf…

I was able to visit a store again! :) The clerk was very nice. She made me a sample of this tea. This is French for ‘Fruit Tea’, which is a really good name. This is certainly a fruity too. Scent- I get mostly lychee, and some strawberry. Flavour- It is sweet, with strong notes of lychee, the strawberry and peach flavours are more subtle.

Flavors: Fruity, Lychee, Peach, Strawberry, Sweet

Cameron B.

Definitely not French. I looked it up, turns out it’s Spanish.

Lariel of Lórien

It looks so French though.

Cameron B.

French would be “Thé aux Fruits” or “Thé de Fruits” or something similar. I’m not fluent. :P

Lariel of Lórien

Ah.Knowing bits of both languages can be confusing sometimes.

TeaBrat

The staff at Lupicia is usually friendly and not at all obnoxious!

Lariel of Lórien

I prefer the SF store, since it’s a little bigger.

Sipdown!

Man, the past few days have been really really encouraging, freelance-wise. First there was the unexpected rush editing job I did yesterday that I think turned out well.

Then, I managed to nab a completely new freelance writing client this afternoon! When I responded to the client’s call for writers to write profiles about independent businesses in Toronto, they initially turned me down saying that they had enough writers show interest, but also saying they might want to get back in touch with me in a few weeks.

In response, I said that I’d love to hear from them again, and that when they do contact me, I’d be willing to write stories about the suburb that I live in, Scarborough, which doesn’t get much love in the press.

The client’s response? Something along the lines of “Well, if you WANT to write about SCARBOROUGH instead of downtown, then we’ll hire you ASAP.”

So, yeah. That happened.

After that, I completely reorganized the bookshelves in my office to make my main reference materials (style guides, dictionaries, grammar textbooks) easier to reach, and also to clear away clutter.

Now I’m suffused with the satisfied glow of a hard day’s work.

Um, yeah, the tea. Hmm..

This is nice and fruity/floral, but I have to admit that it doesn’t taste as sweet as it smells. It’s nicel, but mostly I’m going for it because it’s decaf and because it’s an easy sipdown.

So, um, yeah. That was my day today.

Thanks very much to Sil for sending me a sample of this.

boychik

Amazing day! Congrats!

yyz

Nice, I’m glad your having a nice run of projects and new clients!

gmathis

Fellow freelancer here: Writers who find that narrow itch that no other writer wants to scratch often find a steady supply of assignments! Kudos on keeping grammar textbooks nearby. I refer to a children’s grade-level thesaurus, but if I have a grammatical traffic jam, I just veer around the block :)

Ubacat

So glad you’re having lots of projects come your way!

Christina

Thanks, guys! I’m glad that things have been going well lately (though of course, that comes with the idea that for every rise, there is a fall; hopefully the fall won’t be too hard).

@gmathis: I rely too much on MS word’s thesaurus or thesaurus.com. I really should find a paper version. Which one do you use, or recommend?

gmathis

I have some specialized ones I have worn out:
Children’s Writer’s Word Book (can’t find the older edition I use on Amazon)
Descriptionary by Marc McCutcheon
Writers’ Digest Flip Dictionary by Barbara Ann Kipfer
The Synonym Finder by J.I. Rodale, which I was given in the third grade by my grandma and I would read like a novel.