Té de Frutas

Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by elarun

• “SIPDOWN! So i won't make it to 205 but at least i can get under 210 this weekend. Not that it will mean much because there is tea on the way! hahaha. This is one of my older teas, so i'm glad to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4726 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #7, ending the day at 311 teas, I think. They may not be entirely accurate, actually, because there were a few teas I restocked from Butiki, but I'll settle out the numbers at the end of...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2859 tasting notes
  • “I can't honestly say that I recall the last time I had a decaffeinated tea, and I generally don't bother, but when *Sil* opened up the bag of this for me to sniff, the amazingly delicious smell of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “This tea packs a wallop when you open the package....your nose will be very happy and hopeful. There is lychee in this tea as well as other fruity notes. But alas, when you step this, you'll...” Read full tasting note
    Donkeytiara 113 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Decaffeinated black tea flavored with strawberries, peaches and lychees.

About Lupicia View company

SIPDOWN! So i won’t make it to 205 but at least i can get under 210 this weekend. Not that it will mean much because there is tea on the way! hahaha. This is one of my older teas, so i’m glad to be finishing it all up. I’d pick this up again if i’m ever around a Lupicia store again :)

Terri HarpLady

I still have some of this from the generous sample you sent me : )

Haha. I never did make it as a cold brew I don’t think heh

Sipdown #7, ending the day at 311 teas, I think. They may not be entirely accurate, actually, because there were a few teas I restocked from Butiki, but I’ll settle out the numbers at the end of the month.

This was a generous sample from Sil, a nice fruity blend, also a decaf, which allowed me to drink one more cup of black tea into the evening. Thanks Sil!

I can’t honestly say that I recall the last time I had a decaffeinated tea, and I generally don’t bother, but when Sil opened up the bag of this for me to sniff, the amazingly delicious smell of fresh lychee was impossible to pass up! So here we are.

Brewed up, the tea retains this incredibly fruity aroma, which is packed with lychee goodness. I’ve had a lychee before, DavidsTea’s Lychee Black, but I don’t recall it having such a real fruit aroma. I’ll have to re-check my tasting notes, but I don’t think I particularly liked it. Anyhow, this tea. Can’t get over how delicious it smells. Flavourwise, however, it does leave a little something to be desired, and that’s primarily in the base. I suspect it has to do with the decaffeination, but the base just isn’t as good as it could be. Or perhaps, more to the point, I think I’d prefer this with a white or green base that’s more vegetal.

Either way, the flavour is bang on fruity lychee, so if you are fond of such things, I suggest you give it a shot! Thanks for giving me a sample of this one Sil!

i’m just happy to try out all the new teas :) so much fun getting to have new teas without having to buy a bunch!

This tea packs a wallop when you open the package….your nose will be very happy and hopeful. There is lychee in this tea as well as other fruity notes. But alas, when you step this, you’ll wish you used more tea. When you taste this tea, you get a blast of fruit, but not a lot of tea. On a final note, it’s now 4 hours later, and I’m still burping that fruity smell…. Bleah.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

lol ok

After I angrily tossed my last cup down the drain, I had to redeem the night by trying another new (to me) tea. I chose Té de Frutas! I’ve never had a decaffeinated tea before. I don’t know why truthfully since even the slightest bit of caffeine heightens my anxiety and elevates my heart rate in a not-so-cute manner(, but will that ever stop me from drinking vanilla lattes etc, nah), so when I received this in my 福袋, I admit I was sort of wary.

lol yeah. My fears were proven wrong, and I am now wondering when I will meet a Lupicia tea I’ll actually dislike? It’s a black tea with nice fruity undertones. I’ve never had a lychee berry before, so I am not sure what taste I am looking for, but the peaches and strawberries come out well. This should probably be my new nighttime tea, ah.

Lupicia is so good at creating delicious smelling teas. I just can’t resist trying them out. This one smells like a lychee fruit party to end all parties. Unfortunately, when I made it hot, it had that flavor that I can only define as “decaf”…

Good news is, it’s great cold-brewed! The lychee and strawberry flavors really come through for a tasty tea. Rating is for cold-brewed, only.

Does anyone else know what I mean by “decaf” taste? It’s sort of a weird texture/perfume taste. Am I imagining things?

Iced 8 min or more

I got this tea (and 7 other blends) for my birthday, and last night I served it to our guests after dinner. It was well-received by all. I’m surprised by how much I like this, since I’m not usually a fan of lychee, but it works somehow. I always imagined decaf teas to taste a little weak, but this tasted very flavorful.

Will probably mix it with some Russian Morning Tea from Kusmi if I need a kick in caffeine.

Backlog from yesterday afternoon:

I am not a huge soccer person, but I sipped on this while watching the match between the US and Belgium. Oh man, that was tough. I figured Belgium would win, but by the time the US scored their first goal in overtime, I was rooting for them and hoping they would tie things up to force a series of penalty kicks. Tim Howard, man. Tim f*cking Howard.

Anyways.

I think I understeeped this a bit, as it was a bit weak in the flavour department. I thought I kept watch on the clock to give it 3 minutes, but I think it might have only been 2. It smelled lovely though – very similar to MF’s Marco Polo. The smell was very much of strawberry, but I think the taste was more floral. I can’t tell if I was getting the lychee or the rose. Anyways, next time I’ll let it steep for a bit longer, and perhaps also put some sweetener in.

205 °F / 96 °C 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I didn’t even realize this was a decaf until I read the description here! It smells very muscat like, which after reading the ingredients I’m guessing is the lychee. I think I can pick up on the strawberry and peaches when I think about it. Adding sugar makes this much juicier. The black base is pretty mellow. I like it alright, but I’m interested to see what it can do iced.

Thank you Kat Maria! I cold-brewed this overnight and am enjoying it right now. I just took a bit as the rest will go to TK. (yay! decaf!) It’s really good. Naturally sweet without being crazy about it, and I can taste the fruit. I don’t know why I didn’t expect this to taste as good as it does, but I’m very pleasantly surprised.

This one is pretty tasty for a lychee tea….and I always forget it’s decaf lol