Sunny Fruits Puer

Black Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Mad_Alyss_14

• “I received a sample of this tea from the ever generous SimplyJenW. Thank you! I shared this today with my puer-loving friend. She is not a fan of tropical fruit punches, citrus flavors, etc. so...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1812 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the afternoon..... I think this is tea #5 from my Lupicia Happy Bag 2012. I have Jardin Sauvage and Nilgiri FOP to go. Let's just say the one or two times I have tried puer it was...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 972 tasting notes
  • “One of Lupicia's newest teas, Sunny Fruits Puer is an awesome tea! I was a little skeptical of it because I seriously dislike puer. On the few occassions that i have had the pleasure of drinking it...” Read full tasting note
    Mad_Alyss_14 24 tasting notes
  • “I first tried this as an iced tea this summer at the Lupicia store. I bought it immediately it was so good! At home, making the iced tea, I add lemon and some sweetener (either a bit of sugar or...” Read full tasting note
    irishgirlieknits 25 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Bright notes of citrus and tropical fruits make this puer blend unexpectedly sunny and refreshing. Also great as cold brewed iced tea!

About Lupicia View company

I received a sample of this tea from the ever generous SimplyJenW. Thank you!

I shared this today with my puer-loving friend. She is not a fan of tropical fruit punches, citrus flavors, etc. so she didn’t care for it. She likes a good, strong, unflavored puer.

I enjoy plain puer also, but I liked the flavor of this. I found it very orange-y especially. At first I thought I didn’t taste puer at all, but after giving it a good swish the heady, earthy taste rose up.

I agree with Jen. This is puer with training wheels. If you don’t like puer but want the benefits of it, you could drink this. If you love puer and want strong, earthy flavor every time, this probably isn’t the best tea for you. It is very well done and requires no additions. I think even people who normally add sugar and/or milk to their tea would love this plain.

I like it very much as a flavored tea, though it probably won’t satisfy the cravings of a hard core puer lover.

Thank you, Jen!

Tea of the afternoon…..

Let’s just say the one or two times I have tried puer it was quite disasterous. I am pretty sure I was supposed to rinse that one and then steep for drinking, so all I tasted was dirt. I have to say, this tea is far from my distant memories of my puer tuo cha fail so long ago (probably only about eight months ago, LOL!) This one tastes earthy, but not of just earth, if that makes sense. I actually find this incredibly close to what coffee tastes like. It has a richer, fuller mouth feel than most black teas, and after the first several sips, I kind of get that settling feeling in my stomach that so many have mentioned. Very interesting. Puer with training wheels! There are hints of fruit with this one, and it is very pleasant. All in all, a good, happy surprise, but now I can’t wait to try the Chocolate & Strawberry one I ordered!

15 oz Mug, 2 actual tsp tea, 3 minutes freshly boiled water. Lightly sweetened.

Auggy

This makes me sad that I missed out on the Happy Bags this year. I forgot about it until 1pm on New Year’s Day and they were already sold out. So sad!

SimplyJenW

I think I just barely got in….I ordered around 9am Eastern time on New Year’s Day. All the $50 bags were gone, but I was so thankful to have snagged a $30 bag…I had been waiting for a year! Maybe next year for you?

ashmanra

I can hardly wait to try this one! I wanted my first cup of it to be with my puer tea friend, but her son got sick today and she couldn’t come over. I did drink puer today, though. See my tasting note! :). I will be ordering the chocolate strawberry puer soon, some for me and some as my friend’s b- day gift. I bet this one ends up on my order, too.

gmathis

Pu-erh training wheels! That’s what I need!

Auggy

Yep, next year I’ll have to do what I’ve done in year’s past and just order at 2am! First time in three years that I’ve missed ‘em. I’ve learned my lesson!

One of Lupicia’s newest teas, Sunny Fruits Puer is an awesome tea! I was a little skeptical of it because I seriously dislike puer. On the few occassions that i have had the pleasure of drinking it i have usually felt ill afterwards BUT NOT THE CASE WITH THIS TEA!

The aroma is fruity with the hints of citrus and an array tropical fruits! The aroma still lingers quite strong even after you brew it! The taste is a wnderful tropical fruity taste with a sweet afternot of citrus! It doesnt even taste like puer at all!

I highly recommend this tea!

Cofftea

Now that sounds weird. Which, of course, means I must try it lol.

Mad_Alyss_14

it sounds weird but it is soo good! And yes, you must try it!

LiberTEAS

Is this the sample that is sent with this month’s newsletter?

Mad_Alyss_14

no, the Chocolate & Strawberry Puer is the sample for the February Newsletter, this one just happened to catch my eye. They alos have a Cinnamon Cookie Puer. Those plus this one are the 3 new flavored puer teas that Lupicia has introduced this month.

I first tried this as an iced tea this summer at the Lupicia store. I bought it immediately it was so good! At home, making the iced tea, I add lemon and some sweetener (either a bit of sugar or splenda). I’m a newbie to tea but really enjoy this one!

I’m confused as to the high rating on this one, and am hoping it’s just that my taste buds are off with the throat irritation. While I like this tea – dark and faintly earthy with hints of mango – there’s something about it that tastes almost like flowery soap to me, and it’s just not sitting well. The floral soapy bit comes out more as it’s cooling, so I’m going to dump it and try something else.

This tea is dope! I don’t like it quite as much as the Strawberry/Chocolate pure from Lupicia, but it’s still great none the less. It seems like it would be a weird combination of flavors, but somehow it works really well.