Chocolate & Strawberry Puer

Pu-erh Tea
Dark Chocolate, Earth, Strawberry, Sweet, Wood, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “If anyone is afraid of puer or even actively dislikes it, but wants to drink it, here is the tea for you. Rich, decadent, dark chocolate aroma fills the room and courts your tastebuds. Then...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes
  • “I've officially had a terrible day. I decided it was time to break into some comforting tea that does not require thinking. I just need something tasty and uplifting. This tea is doing very...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 518 tasting notes
  • “mmmm another backlog from yesterday. I decided to open this one up since it's been ages since i had it and i wanted to see if i still love it. and i do. :) I like the subtleness of the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5111 tasting notes
  • “*Thank you Ashmanra for this lovely sample!* This all came about after a review of Spice and Tea Exchange's Chocolate and Strawberry Puer...and Ashmanra (probably others also) were wondering if...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Decadent with chocolate on the nose finishing with the juicy tart flavor of ripe strawberries. The rich flavors of puer tea and chocolate also work wonderfully with milk.

About Lupicia View company

This tea is awesome! It has a great balance of flavors of the chocolate/strawberry and puer. I love how this tea doesnt have that distinct puer flavor and that additional flavors can come through. I like the deep chocolate flavor and the sweet strawberry finish to it. This is a great tea :)

Mad_Alyss_14

But i still like the Sunny Fruits Puer better :P

I really love this tea. It has been pretty reliably delicious, but all my tea has been tasting a bit off and less yummy lately, this one included. I had a cup of three friends the other day that just seemed weak and it’s not even old! What is wrong with me?! Or is it that I’m traveling and don’t have my variable temp kettle? What ever it may be, this tea was much less delightfull than in the past and it makes me sad. I hope my senses come back to me and I love my tea again.

Skysamurai

Could it be what you are drinking it in?

Lupicia had this one in-store this week when I went to buy more stuff from them. You know I was a little nervous to try Pu’erh given the “it tastes fishy” comments I’ve heard from people. But actually this one was quite nice. Someone else on here mentioned, it’s like “Pu’erh with training wheels” – which I think is a good comment. It was quite nice, the blend of chocolate and strawberries was mild and it’s holding back any sort of intense gross flavour – so I think it was a good intro :) I’m gonna try a more “true” pu’erh soon and see if I like it or if I think it’s gross. I’m nervous about it for some reason. I think because I smelled one at Lupicia and it smelled like a fish market! This one certainly didn’t and seems to be holding back the crazy well. A good intro.

Lupicia day continues! This sample was sent to me by Dexter, and honestly, I find it a bit intimidating. I have liked some ripe puerhs that I’ve tried, but then there are those that taste like dirt and fish poo. So I’m hoping this won’t be one of those, lol. The dry tea smells like sweet strawberries and a bit of milk chocolate. I steeped this up in my new infuser mug! (http://instagram.com/p/uOfokGGgAh/)

The steeped tea doesn’t smell intimidating – no fishies here. It does smell somewhat earthy, but with lovely sweet strawberry and chocolate notes. I added about half a teaspoon of raw sugar to mine. Honestly, this one is much more mild in flavor than I expected (maybe I should have steeped it at boiling…). I do taste the chocolate and the strawberry, along with the earthy puerh base. Pretty good, though not something I would drink often or want in my cupboard.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Earth, Strawberry, Sweet, Wood

Mikumofu

Fish poo, LMAO! (comments are acting up so I apologize in advance if you get the fish poo comment twice, haha.) all these reviews are making it awfully tempting to go to Lupicia again…

Cameron B.

ALL THE LUPICIA! :D

I’ve liked the strawberry teas of theirs I’ve tried, and I’ve liked the chocolate teas. So I was glad to try them both together. This tea smells awesome… like these strawberry chocolate candies I get from the Japanese market. There is a nice, creamy chocolatey flavour, which pairs really well with the sweet berry.

Wish I could try their other flavoured puer, but this one is really good.

Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry

Lupicia tea #4!

I will make this short as it’s bedtime.

This was a well done dessert tea. Definitely tasted like chocolate and strawberries, but not in a gross, artificial way.

And the pu’erh just seemed to add a deep richness to it, a subtle earthiness that took away from the sweetness. In a good way.

This isn’t one I would need to stock, once it’s gone it wouldn’t likely make it back on my shopping list but it’s pretty awesome how well done the flavours are. Good when I’m having a chocolate craving! Which is most of the time, really :)

boychik

No mushrooms I hope

This one isn’t bad as a latte

whatshesaid

No mushrooms! Lol. The flavour hides the mushrooms.

Good idea Sil!

This is totally a dessert tea, really good. Creamy chocolate and strawberry taste… A nice treat. Puerh was a little scary, after I’d had one sample that I could not stand at all and had to toss, but these flavored ones from Lupicia are good. So good that I think someone’s drank some without telling me…

It’s chocolate, it’s strawberry, it’s pu erh…what’s not to like about this one? I always find that chocolate pairs very well with the more earthy and rich notes of pu erhs. Also, I find that the strawberry cuts through some of that thickness quite well. So I think this is an excellent tea!

Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry

Come onnnnnn July :)

Amariel

I know, waiting for those things can be so hard. I have some hair stuff I ordered ages ago, but the girl who makes it was hospitalized for a bit, and only recently completed my order (they’re all custom) and sent off…on May 16th and still in Chicago. Grr.

whatshesaid

But then when it comes in the mail it’s the GREATEST DAY EVER!!

Amariel

Totally!

Wow, does this smell impressive. Like a chocolate covered cerry liqure. Wow.
Its got a really noticable berry taste, with a chocolate chaser.
I was actually rather afraid of this tea, though I could not tell you why. But I’ve enjoyed this cup.
Its a sample sipdown!

keychange

What don’t you like about it though? You rated it a 56 haha

Rosehips

Ha! Ooops, so I did. I’ve fixed that now. I like it much more than 56. I am not properly awake this morning, obviously, and cannot be trusted with a new tea rating….

keychange

LOL that’s ok-I figured it was something like that.

I am new to the Pu’er/Puerh teas after a coworker recommended I try them, so I can’t comment on the Pu’er flavoring. I can, however, recommend it on everything else. The chocolate aroma is so rich, with quite a bright strawberry popping out. It’s become one of my favorites to buy in a sachet to have in my work pack so I can make some any time.

Flavors: Chocolate