Japanese Ginger Tea

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

• “This is unlike any kind of ginger tea I've ever tried before, and is part of why Lupicia is fast becoming one of my obsessions (although they're a Japanese company, they have an English language...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A tea made of Japanese ginger, carefully produced in Kochi Prefecture and blended with Hojicha fine stems. Aromatic and soft, with plenty of sweet ginger to warm body and soul. Works well as a milk tea.

About Lupicia View company

This is unlike any kind of ginger tea I’ve ever tried before, and is part of why Lupicia is fast becoming one of my obsessions (although they’re a Japanese company, they have an English language website and many very distinctly Japanese blends among the options- including many options that are rare in the US).
Anyway, the roasted hojicha works so well with the ginger that I can’t help but continue to drink this obsessively. It’s rather calming, and despite ginger being somewhat of an odd choice for summer (too warming!) I’m finding that I’m glad I bought this one nonetheless.
I can’t find it on the American website though- on the Japanese website it’s listed in English as “Japanese ginger tea”, but what the Japanese actually says is Washouga Houjicha, or simply “Japanese-style Ginger Houjicha”. So I dunno :) But I definitely recommend it, and the link to the Japanese page is here: http://www.lupicia.com/html/ja/item/001/016/item15599.html