Strawberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had this at tea time Wednesday with my guest, who remarked over and over how much it smelled like super fresh, sweet strawberries. So last night when I made a strawberry cream tea that I had...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the mid-morning -- I found this sample teabag when I was going through my stash last night trying to figure out what teas to bequeath to this cute guy I know. :) I decided I wanted to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2580 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 185. I, like many others, received a sachet of this with the Lupicia newsletter, although my newsletter seems to have come much later than most other people's. Ah well. I figured I would...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “I guess now I'm getting Lupicia's newsletter out of nowhere, not complaining but this was waiting for me in my mailbox. The jerkface mail deliverer jammed the Verdant teas of the month sampler into...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea scented with freshly picked strawberries. The sweet aroma goes well with milk.

About Lupicia View company

I had this at tea time Wednesday with my guest, who remarked over and over how much it smelled like super fresh, sweet strawberries. So last night when I made a strawberry cream tea that I had received as a free sample, it was a bit unfair. I remembered all too well what a great job Lupicia had done on this one.

When our little group had finished off the first tea, I made this and told them to prepare for a real treat. Everyone remarked on how much this smelled like real, mouthwatering strawberries. They had liked the first one we tried well enough, but this one wins hands down for fresh, natural flavor and for having a good tea base that doesn’t disappear under the flavoring.

Tea of the mid-morning — I found this sample teabag when I was going through my stash last night trying to figure out what teas to bequeath to this cute guy I know. :) I decided I wanted to revisit this again since it’s been a while since I’ve tried it.

I think the base here is perhaps a ceylon and the strawberry flavor is popping out at me a little more than I remember. I am drinking this without any additions and it’s nice that way. I think this is perhaps a ceylon base with a little bit of “gummy” strawberry flavor. I bumped the rating up a little bit.

Kittenna

Cute guy?! ;)

Sixie

As a cute guy, I would suggest something more forward and complex for you to bequeath to your male friend. Fruity teas tend to be somewhat forgettable and, forgive me, stereotypical. If you want to impress him, give him something unusual, something interesting, something that will make an impression and make him think of you. I would suggest something strong, full bodied and memorable.

I once dated a girl who really loved twig tea, she was always drinking it and would inevitably steep the hell out of it! While its not my favorite tea, it is unique and every time I see twig tea, or taste something similar I end up thinking fondly of her.

TeaBrat

Sixie, thanks for the advice. :)

2031 tasting notes

Sipdown, 185. I, like many others, received a sachet of this with the Lupicia newsletter, although my newsletter seems to have come much later than most other people’s. Ah well. I figured I would go ahead and drink it down otherwise it might sit for a while. I’m not the hugest fan of strawberry flavored things, although I guess I like them ok. I used to love strawberry candy when I was a kid.

When I unwrapped the sachet it smelled intensely, incredibly strawberry. Strawberry candy, strawberry pie, strawberry jam. Basically strawberries + sugar, which is to say not like fresh strawberries. After steeping it calmed down a bit (but only a bit) and the black tea base came out more. I tend to enjoy Lupicia’s bases, so I am definitely pleased.

My first thought upon sipping was wow, strawberry candy! But then a tart note appeared, toning it down and reminding me of the white part of fresh strawberries, the part that never gets super sweet. There’s also almost a leafiness here, which is surprising given that this is a black tea. A lot of people are disappointed that this one doesn’t taste as strong as it smells, but I for one am glad it doesn’t taste as strong as it smells. I like it at this blend, and I like it more than I thought I would. Go Lupicia, for making me enjoy a strawberry tea.

I guess now I’m getting Lupicia’s newsletter out of nowhere, not complaining but this was waiting for me in my mailbox. The jerkface mail deliverer jammed the Verdant teas of the month sampler into my mailbox. I almost gave up getting it out and writing a not very nice message on the side facing out.

I finished my closet: http://25.media.tumblr.com/0112f8b47cac4a20d472e10ffb72872d/tumblr_mk72xkat8Q1qz5e5oo1_500.jpg Now to finish my bedroom and the rest of the apartment…So I ended up drinking this cold.

It’s okay, I was curious about those Tochotome teas when the email about them came out but I’m really not fond of Lupicia’s strawberry flavoring I think. This one isn’t as chapstick-y as the green tea one; it tastes quite good at first but the aftertaste is kind of odd. I am wondering if that’s the flavoring or a product of steeping it for 3 minutes.

It does just really taste good at first. If only I lived near a Lupicia, that would make me give in to the desire to try the other strawberry tea too.

I will say it at least tastes better than the strawberry jalapeno soda I brought back with me…so painful.

CrowKettle

I can’t believe there is a strawberry jalapeno flavoured soda. Sounds sketchy but interesting.

I really wanted to try my new Verdant teas, but my husband wanted to go out fairly early, so I don’t have time to drink multiple infusions, so I decided to try this one instead and save the Verdant teas for when I have lots of time :)

I got this as a sample with the Lupicia newsletter, which I FINALLY received after signing up for it around October of last year! Geez! I’m happy it’s finally coming now. Anyway, this came as a teabag, and although I really like the little pyramid teabag (so cute and silky!), I was disappointed that it would only brew one cup.

The smell of the dry leaves and the steeped leaves smelled great! Juicy, tart strawberry, and pretty natural. The taste, however, left something to be desired, in that it was a significantly weakened flavor compared to the smell. Oh well. It was nice to get a free sample!!

Got this in the March newsletter. I’m quite shocked at the reviews because I loved this! The dry tea smells of heavenly sweet strawberry. The brewed tea has the same flavor as the scent. I didn’t even need sugar! I brewed it in a 16oz cup but I think I’d prefer it stronger so using 8-12oz next time.

It definitely smells like strawberries, but the taste isn’t very strong. It’s good, but I don’t think I would buy it in bulk.

It says it goes well with milk, and I tried it both ways. I like it better straight because the strawberry flavor wasn’t very strong. Strange for a tea named Strawberry. This was kind of disappointing.

It’s not a bad tea by any means! But I had very high expectations.

Oddly enough, the empty cup smells exactly like strawberry fruit roll-ups! Too bad it doesn’t taste like that. But for those of you who haven’t had it, go to Outback and order a wildberry lemonade (non-alcoholic). Now THAT tastes exactly like a liquid fruit roll-up!

Ah Strawberry… smells great. Like the Strawberry Vanilla that Lupicia does, the strawberry smell and taste are strong and sweet. I liked the strawberry vanilla better though since it has that added creaminess. I got the one sachet sample with my newsletter so I can’t experiment too much but I’m sure it’d taste pretty good with sugar and creamer too.

Got this as a free sample with the Lupicia letter that comes in the mail once a month. This one is okay but I just wish it had more straberry flavor to it. It smells wonderful and I wish that came across in the flavor. Oh well it was free so I can’t really complain :-)

I got this as a sample in the March Lupicia newsletter. It reminds me a lot of their Neptune, which I also sampled recently – the black base tastes the same, and the fruit flavoring strikes me as similar although that one’s supposed to be something like “fruits & honey” vs. the strawberry here. The dry teabag had a very strong strawberry candy aroma, but the brewed tea smelled and tasted more generically fruity. The black base is definitely dominant. I’m glad I got to try this tea, but it’s not one I’ll be purchasing.