Arabian Nights

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “This is my first Lupicia tea. I had no idea where to buy this brand in France and sent an email to the Lupicia USA customer service two weeks ago. Still awaiting an answer :) - Maybe I should have...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 293 tasting notes
  • “I found this tea, still in its sealed bag, in my cupboard when I was digging out my Lupicia teas for tea swap! This was apparently only available in Japan for a limited time. I sent out a sample of...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 299 tasting notes

From Lupicia

(Original text in Japanese)

Conjuring up the image of Arabian Nights, this black tea is scented with exotic jasmine and pomegranate. The sweet floral and fruity aroma gives a taste of the fantasy world.

Steep in boiling water for 2.5-3 minutes. To be enjoyed hot or iced.

Ingredients: black tea, red rose, cornflower, blue mallow, flavouring

About Lupicia View company

This is my first Lupicia tea. I had no idea where to buy this brand in France and sent an email to the Lupicia USA customer service two weeks ago. Still awaiting an answer :) – Maybe I should have wrote to Lupicia Japan but I felt more confident with my English rather than trying to read the Japanese writings.
Anyway I am very lucky because while discussing with the lovely Devilish she proposed me to send me out her Lupicia’s samples !
So my samples arrived from Hong Kong yesterday and I am now sipping Arabian Nights.
I wanted to try this one first because Devilish rated it with a 100 and mentioned in her post it reminds her Morocco.

I have too a beautiful teapot from Morocco and beautiful Moroccan tea glasses but didn’t use them neither :)

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to taste these Lupicia teas ! I should say I am not disappointed at all with this first tea, I love it !

The taste definitively is pomegranate and rose to me.The tea base is so mellow, this is fantastic.I am happy there is not mint inside – I love mint but almost each time a tea gets an oriental name, we have mint inside – Oriental teas are not just mint teas – this one probes it in a yummy way !
I am also happy it is a black tea base, often to mention Orient, a green tea is used – and I prefer black teas :)

I am definitively in Morocco tonight thanks to Devilish thank you so much :)

Devilish

I am happy that you love it!! :) Just reading your review makes me crave for a cup of it!! Haha…

Ysaurella

it’s really a beautiful tea, thanks again !

I found this tea, still in its sealed bag, in my cupboard when I was digging out my Lupicia teas for tea swap! This was apparently only available in Japan for a limited time. I sent out a sample of this for the swap BEFORE I had even tried it! Just now I made myself a cup of this and – wow – I am in love!!!! ;)

True to the official description, it has a mesmerizing floral scent. It smells more like rose than jasmine to me, but it has a bit of extra sweetness that makes it even better than rose. The very same sweet floral note is present in the liquor, which is just wonderful (Don’t we all get disappointed from time to time by teas that smell great but taste bland?). This smooth, elegantly perfumed black tea does remind me of those exotic perfume shops in Middle Eastern souks… it makes me miss Morocco!! I should really brew and serve this tea with my Moroccan teapot and tea glasses next time :)

updated I have just checked the ingredients of this tea and was surprised to find that there’s no jasmine or pomegranate! Rather there’s rose, cornflower and blue mallow… no wonder it tastes so floral. But then is the official description totally wrong??

Ysaurella

awww I can’t wait now :))) seems wonderful !

Devilish

Yeah I am sure you would like it!!! :)