Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Butter, Cookie, Spices, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Creamy, Caramel, Cinnamon, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 oz / 359 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don't want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I'm doing the responsible thing...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 871 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster... I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend's house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that seems to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2346 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Azzrian* for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting - very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this could be a CTC...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

This is a sample from Sandy and indirectly Azzrian. Thanks to both!

Wow! Love this stuff. It reminds me of shortbread cookies with caramel. There is a roasted quality to the baked goodie flavor that is just awesome. The base is smooth and malty. Lovely tea!

Azzrian

So happy you liked it! :)

Missy

Now I’m going to peruse your reviews for more cookie teas. :)

How do they make this?
It’s yummy. Caramel and cookie taste :)

Yum! Definitely sweet, definitely bakey, but melded nicely with a smooth black base. I didn’t add milk, though I think it would definitely be an excellent addition. This is the kind of tea I always want in the morning. I always reach for dessert teas first thing out of bed.

Amariel

cooooookie :)

Cookie. Oh, Cookie. Galleta. Petit gâteau.

She’s back in my arms once again. Yes, I did place an order soon after trying the sample included in my Happy Bag order, because well — I had to have her in my collection. She’s so sweet, so perfect, so delicious. Her smell is so divine, her taste is magnificent. I cannot believe I went so long without knowing her, and now that I do, I cannot be separated from her again.

I brewed Cookie the same way I did the last time: roughly a three minute steep, added some room temperature milk for added deliciousness. I made it in my Wonder Woman mug, because I always like to feel inspired when I’m enjoying greatness. I cannot wait until Lupicia does a restock for the loose leaf. I’ll keep the tea bags in my purchase and the fifty grams in my kitchen (bedroom; I don’t like ppl [family] stealing my tea).

Yvonne

I am absolutely DYING to try this blend. It sounds divine!

Crystal O.

It is, I admit! I brewed it today again — no logging because I didn’t want to make it seem like it is all I drink now — and I will never get tired of it. You must try it when you can.

Yvonne

Oh I will! I’ll get my hands on it one day. :) I’ve heard so much about it.

Yum yum yum! This tea has such a beautiful caramel-y taste to it. Sweet and delicious – but also a robust tea – strong and sturdy! I like this one a lot!

Perfect with biscotti – this one is a favorite: http://biscottibari.foodzie.com/authentic-almond-biscotti.html

I love Cookie, it smells yummy and tastes bakey too. I got this teabag from the newsletter a while back. I used to buy this one in college, I’d kind of forgotten until I opened it up and smelled it. If I didn’t already have so much tea then I’d go get some of this next time I go up to Honolulu. I’m getting a lingering mellow vanilla taste which is totally going well with my pastry breakfast. It is really good with milk too.

Anna

I love Cookie, too! Totally envious – I have to travel very far to renew my Cookie stash.

CK

I know the feeling, though the plane ride is only 45 minutes the inter island fares are too expensive for me to go often… it’s a good thing that tea ships :)

Anna

I can’t even have it shipped – they do have a lupicia.fr now, but they didn’t carry Cookie last I checked. Isn’t there a special discount for actual islanders on the inter-island flights? If not, that seems so unfair.

I received a sample of this in my January Lupicia newsletter. I tend to be skeptical of dessert teas, especially the ones that claim to taste like pastries or baked goods, plus I’m not a fan of the tea base Lupicia uses for many (most?) of their black blends. So I was prepared for disappointment. But I ended up enjoying Cookie quite a bit. It does taste surprisingly cookie-like—although I know there’s no chocolate, for some reason I’m reminded of the cookie part of an Oreo. I guess it’s the interplay between the assertive base and the caramel flavoring that’s giving me the sense of something chocolate-ish; I see most people seem to get more of a butter cookie flavor, but it’s very much not that for me.

I’m not sure whether or not this uses the Lupicia black base of doom, to be honest. I’m certainly not bothered by the base here—it is surprisingly bold, though, with some astringency and a touch of bitterness—but I can’t say whether or not that’s just because it works better with the flavors here than it has in other, often fruit-flavored blends I’ve tried. I’d consider picking some more of this up next time I order from Lupicia; it’s not a must-have for me but I think there’d be a place for it in my cupboard.

This tea genuinely smells like a cookie! Imagine what a caramel-flavored shortbread cookie might smell like, and that’s what this tea smells like. Yum!

Brewed, it smells bakey and slightly sweet. The scent kiiiind of reminds me of hazelnut coffee, actually. The nuttiness probably comes from the almond that’s in it. But overall, it smells much like the dry leaf.

This is smooth with a side of bakey and sweet. However, it doesn’t taste quite as much like a cookie as it smells. This doesn’t mean it’s not yummy. It’s REALLY yummy. :)

You know what? To me, it tastes kind of like a sweeter Thomas Sampson. Mmmmm.

JacquelineM

!!!!!!!! Yum!!

Auggy

Okay, you totally sold me on the “sweeter Thomas Sampson” bit. Adding this one to my shopping list!

The buttery taste in this tea is amazing! It really does taste like cookies. Unfortunately, I am getting some bitterness from it (but not enough to make me dislike the tea). I’ve just finished my first cup of this and I’m already craving a second. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

Reminds me of Oreo cookies except a bit lighter and with a touch of butter. Made a tea latte with warm milk and a brown sugar cube, and it made a good cup to keep me away from snacks. One of the better flavored blacks for tea latte. Would buy this again.