Cookie

Butter, Caramel, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 oz / 354 ml

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Lovely tea and the aroma is killer! It doesn’t necessarily taste like I’m biting into a cookie but it did make me hungry for a biscotto/cookie.

Honestly, when I brewed my sample and took it with me to my desk I thought someone had popped some popcorn recently. I could smell the butteriness in this tea from my cup. Tasting, it’s like drinking an almond biscotti. Despite it’s butter smell, this tea is very light and makes me happy. I think I shall dub this my black happy tea.

Now back to watching Sherlock omgwhatdidthatjusthappen

When I drank this one with one of my friends today, she said. “This one is tasting like something sweet, like a cookie.” After my friends comment while sitting in my sofa chatting about everything, I think the tea filled its purpose.

Personally I like this tea at least now when its getting colder and the autumn winds has dragged in over Sweden, where I have been for the last three weeks. This is a really good autumn and winter tea for me and I prefer to drink it warm.

I got this one from A.C during her 24 hour “homecoming” (or should I call it, 24 hours “Hi, I’m alive.”) and got some quality time, when she gave me gifts and me and K. held her company while she was packing her luggage again. I couldn’t hold myself for smelling the tea after opening my gift. The first thing I noticed was of course the smell of chocolate cookies. If I wasn’t so full after our large seafood soup I would have tasted the dry tea, just to see if it tasted as much cookie as it smelled… Unfortunately I haven’t done the test yet. Only because I know I will be disappointed. Anyway…

When I got home I made a cup with Lupica Cookie tea and I let it steep for 5 minutes. At first it was a bitterness which reminds me of the cacao bean and then in some weird way it was melting in my throat and left a cookie aftertaste on my tongue. But I like it a lot as I said before.

After been drinking it several times I’m still confused about the taste. What’s the ingredients that I can taste while drinking this one? Which different components roles over my tongue?

I need to think about this one for a short while. But again. As a autumn tea its perfect. Thank you A.C for your lovely taste! <3

Anna

5 minutes?! Oh no, this is a Lupicia black, baby – 2.5 minutes at the very most. If I want a strong tea, I do the full 2.5, but I usually just settle for 2.

Love, love. <3

Anna

Also we’ve been over this. DO NOT EAT THE TEA.

Thanks, Azzrian for another sample. Again, I will sound ungrateful.

Indeed this does smell wonderful. Like Azzrian mentioned in her post, this is like a Danish Butter Cookie. The taste, however, does not follow the smell.

To me, this tasted like watered down coffee. I didn’t like it at all.

I’m not putting a rating on this, because it is entirely possible that I just don’t like anything at all at this point. =) It could be me and not the tea.

Used my last bag today—I will definitely be repurchasing this! For some reason, every time I brew this, I think “coffee” when I first smell it. That’s odd because A) I hate coffee, and even the smell of it makes me kind of sick, but Cookie still smells wonderful and B) there’s nothing even remotely coffee-like in it so that doesn’t even make sense. Maybe it’s a strange association I’m making with something in the tea.

Anyway, once again I forgot to add milk (since I never use it in my tea) but I bet Cookie would be even better with just a little milk added. The last cup was just as good as the other 9 were—his is one of my favourite blends! Very different from anything else I own.

Got this sample from Shelley_Lorraine :)

I guess I’m having a hard time getting past the base here. It’s a really a strong, robust black tea. I definitely get the caramel and vanilla taste, and something almost nutty. It’s definitely a strong tea first and cookie flavors second though. And the leaves after steeping smelled almost like…popcorn and milk that was left on the counter all day. Kind of a turn off.

I have enough for one more cup, so maybe I’ll rate it then after I try it with milk and sugar.

Shelley_Lorraine

I hear milk and/or sugar is necessary to get the most out of these type of teas. I’m not one for milk or cream in my tea, so I will never know! I thought this tea was a bit like a burnt cookie on its own. :p

moraiwe

It’s still not preferable, but not that long ago I was hugely against milk and sugar until I started making lattes! Then suddenly I was experiencing subtleties and flavor nuances I hadn’t before. It’s still not my preferred way to drink tea, but I’m for pretty much any kind of experimentation now. :) Burnt cookie is a pretty apt description for sure though.

First attempt, apparently I didn’t wash the teapot all the way through, there was still some tealeaves init So i had to throw ot the water, and filled the teapot 1/2 full and boil another pot of water….so here we go…
Before steeping:
Scent- Carmel and sugar along with black tea

After Steeping:
Scent- sugar-fresh cookies
Color-Dark Aburn

Taste:
Nude: watery-slight sugary taste
with sugar: sugar water
with milk tastes like nothing
with milk and sugar: sweet cinimon, and sugary, nice and clming. A tasty treat

*I have come to the conclusion, that I just can make tea right, and it sadens me, I will try it again and hopefully it shall be mor tastey.

This is really good. It’s really sweet, but really good. Caramel, bakery goodness. Really like it.

Thanks ifjuly for including this in the box you sent.

Mmmm it tastes like a liquid cookie. It’s caramelly and sweet and just pure delicious. I wouldn’t normally drink this but it fits the mood. I also wouldn’t just buy this tea (I got a sample packet). I really do like it but again, it’s one of those teas that you have to be in the mood for.

Karel

okay, so I have been drinking this for an hour, I am on my third cup. It’s official, I like this a lot. I still agree with the mood thing. ha. It’s tasting a lot like coffee but this is better (I hate coffee).

The directions say to steep this tea for 2-2.5 minutes. I did 2 minutes for my first steep and boy was I disappointed! It was a little bitter and tasted nothing like cookies. I added milk like it suggests and sugar, but it didn’t help. For my second steeping I did 2 minutes again, added a little sugar and it was a whole different tea! It was very cookie dough like and the black tea base wasn’t over powering or bitter. It seemed pretty creamy on it’s own to me. I did just over 2 minutes for the third steep and it wasn’t quite as delicious as the second steeping. Next time I think I will do the first steep for 1 minute instead of the initial 2.