Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Almond, Brown Sugar, Cookie, Nutty, Sweet, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Caramel, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 10 oz / 304 ml

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Had this this morning with some soy creamer and just a hint of sugar. It really does smell like a cookie. Probably the best tea for dessert that I own. Great with milk, but the flavor is mild enough that it tastes great plain, too!

Blllerrggggggh. Bahhhhh I really didn’t like this one. This is the first tea from Lupicia that I haven’t liked. The smells is nice and interesting and pretty fun, it seems like it would be good.

I tried it with a splash of 2% milk and I just gotta say, it tastes like melted butter – and not in a good way!! It’s very rich and kinda gross, it feels like you’re drinking butter. Not fun. I’m gonna try it again with maybe a lighter steep time or hotter water or something. But I’m pretty sure I hate this one, I’m gonna have to give it away if it’s as gross next time.

Sorry Lupicia, an epic winning streak but finally one tea of yours that I don’t actually just love. Strange! Anyway, I’ll give it another shot and report back if it’s awesome. If it’s gross, I’m totally giving this away. :)

I used 1 tsp per 8oz, (hot) b/c I can’t figure out how many grams.

Smells: Definitely caramel, almost burnt/smoky, probably from the black tea. The scent is even warmer and sweeter as it is steeped.

Taste: Since it’s a black tea, I wasn’t expecting anything really sweet (although I was hoping for a slightly sweet dessert type. It’s a very interesting case with this one; milk didn’t make much of a difference. First thing I can taste is the full black tea, with hint a caramel. Not very sweet, but nothing sweetener can’t fix, if you’re fond of adding. The aftertaste is really something; first I taste the black tea, but it slowly melts away into a pleasant, malty caramel flavor that lingers. I’ve never had anything like it before.

I might buy this again, but I’m really interested in sampling different types of dessert teas and such. I also might steep longer, but I’m afraid of it getting too bitter.

I think this is Cookie. My package is actually called Biscuit Gourmand and labelled in French, since I did get it in France. And it makes sense that they translate their original japanese names for teas into both English or French, as the place of sale. Their catalogue number seems to be 5537 which googling leads to Cookie.

It fits marvelously all other descriptions of this tea on steepster, black tea, marvelous cookie, bakery type of smell, like sugar and almond and butter. My first attempt at making it, quite carelessly, because I wanted something to drink with lunch (yes, this is a weird choice, but I could not resist and it worked) and I loved it. I was struck also by how smooth the base was.
Ysaurella

seems lovely !

cteresa

It was, I really liked it! I think I might need to restock when I run out of it, already been investigating and the shipping within Europe is not unreasonable (and they let you pick 6 free samples!).

I ended up having to settle for sachets because they were sold out of the loose leaf. In a way, I like the convenience, but I ended up not taking into consideration that there’s only like 2g of tea per sachet, so steeping it into a Nordic mug full of water may yield a slightly diluted cup.

The dry tea itself smells scrumptious. Very creamy and caramelly, even slightly boozy, but not necessarily like baked goods. It reminds me of a cross between caramel- and hazelnut-flavoured Bailey’s Irish Cream.

But the end result isn’t nearly as flavourful as it smells. Just a tiny hint of caramel. It luckily didn’t get as astringent/bitter as their other blacks, but it may be because of the ratios. Next time I try it, I’ll have to just use a regular mug or just pour less water into my Nordic mug.

For now, I’m not terribly impressed. I definitely prefer ATR’s Brioche over this, as it’s more complex.

What a delicious evening treat! I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s rich and buttery and slightly sweet, even with nothing added. The flavor really does remind me of a cookie…hazelnut biscotti maybe? I’m also getting a bit of malt from the base tea and just a hint of astringency, which I’m sure would smooth out if I added some milk. This is definitely one I’ll be ordering at some point in the future. A big THANK YOU to The Cookie Lady for the sample!

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut

I am having some health issues, and one of the few upsides is lots of time near my tea cabinet. Tea is a great comfort— warm and nurturing, good for me, and (silly as it sounds) one hobby that my body hasn’t precluded. (The other is online shopping, which is a whole ’nother story…)

Cookie is part of a stash that I am using up— I didn’t really care for it or the cinnamon pu’erh version at first, but the pu’erh is growing on me. Cookie is tasting better, too, but there are so many other fantastic black teas that I won’t miss it when it’s gone.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you’ll feel better soon. :(

sren

Thanks, me too. :)

Cooooooookie!

I have two little samples of this – one from a swap from Sil last summer and one from a swap from VariaTEA late last year/early this year. So I finally dug in – I had this both yesterday and today, using up the little packet from Sil.

This really does smell like a chocolaty, oatmeal-y, raisin-y, sugary cookie. Yesterday I steeped it for too long and didn’t add any sugar, and it was weirdly burnt tasting and overly sweet. Tonight though, I steeped it only for about 4 minutes and remembered to add some agave nectar. The extra sugar really brings some body to the tea and rounds out the sweet taste.

I really wonder what’s in this stuff! There’s an incredible caramelized sweetness to this that honest to god does taste like baked goods. This is definitely a tea to save for special occasions.

it’s nice with milk added as well..something i don’t normally do with tea

This was the second sample that came with my Lupicia order. I found it okay. No real flavor, just like the tea last night. I’m wondering if my sense of taste has deteriorated even more, because the girl scout shortbread cookies tasted only okay too, and I know I love those.

Edited to add: I just drank plain hot water. Yep, tastes the same as the tea. The nasty chest yuck must have stolen what little sense of taste I have. Hopefully I’ll get better soon.

This shares the baked goods note from White Christmas! Oh, White Christmas. Why can’t I drink you all the time.
Buttery, a little coffee-like, nutty, sweet, and full-bodied. I’m not really getting the almond, but I can see where it comes from. This is great. If I get a hankering for White Christmas out of season, I know what I’m ordering.

Flavors: Astringent, Butter, Nutty, Sweet