Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Cookie, Caramel, Almond, Brown Sugar, Nutty, Sweet, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 17 oz / 515 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don’t want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I’m doing the...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 303 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1538 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster… I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend’s house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting – very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3069 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Had this this morning with some soy creamer and just a hint of sugar. It really does smell like a cookie. Probably the best tea for dessert that I own. Great with milk, but the flavor is mild enough that it tastes great plain, too!

Blllerrggggggh. Bahhhhh I really didn’t like this one. This is the first tea from Lupicia that I haven’t liked. The smells is nice and interesting and pretty fun, it seems like it would be good.

I tried it with a splash of 2% milk and I just gotta say, it tastes like melted butter – and not in a good way!! It’s very rich and kinda gross, it feels like you’re drinking butter. Not fun. I’m gonna try it again with maybe a lighter steep time or hotter water or something. But I’m pretty sure I hate this one, I’m gonna have to give it away if it’s as gross next time.

Sorry Lupicia, an epic winning streak but finally one tea of yours that I don’t actually just love. Strange! Anyway, I’ll give it another shot and report back if it’s awesome. If it’s gross, I’m totally giving this away. :)

I used 1 tsp per 8oz, (hot) b/c I can’t figure out how many grams.

Smells: Definitely caramel, almost burnt/smoky, probably from the black tea. The scent is even warmer and sweeter as it is steeped.

Taste: Since it’s a black tea, I wasn’t expecting anything really sweet (although I was hoping for a slightly sweet dessert type. It’s a very interesting case with this one; milk didn’t make much of a difference. First thing I can taste is the full black tea, with hint a caramel. Not very sweet, but nothing sweetener can’t fix, if you’re fond of adding. The aftertaste is really something; first I taste the black tea, but it slowly melts away into a pleasant, malty caramel flavor that lingers. I’ve never had anything like it before.

I might buy this again, but I’m really interested in sampling different types of dessert teas and such. I also might steep longer, but I’m afraid of it getting too bitter.

I’ve been working my way through my samples from Ost, but foolishly not logging many of them. Suffice it to say that I’ve been enjoying them. :) This is my second time trying this cookie tea from Lupicia. It has quite a rich black tea base, with notes of toasted almond and burnt sugar. Quite tasty and true to the name.

I like this tea less now that I’m not sick. Somehow the first time I had this, I missed the very buttery? mouth coating effect I get while drinking the tea. I don’t like it. Taste is still pretty good. Not a fan of CTC cut leaves either.

I’ve had this in my cupboard for a while and I can’t believe I haven’t cracked it open before now. I realized that I have rather an overabundance of flavored blacks in my stash. My buying pattern before I went on hiatus was, go to an online retailer to get one or two things, and end up buying about 30 because they all looked so interesting. And yet, I can’t really drink more than a couple of cups of flavored blacks in a day. Hence the overabundance.

In the packet it smells rather intensely of caramel flavored coffee to me, a little on the bitter side, a little on the sweet side, and something in the middle that’s like baking powder. It has a dark reddish brown liquor. The aroma is less baking powder and more baked something else which is good. Not as bitter smelling after steeping.

The taste has no bitterness at all, and is in fact remarkably smooth. It’s a nice caramel flavor, not too sweet but just sweet enough. At first it reminded me of the amaretti cookies, but more in terms of texture and atmosphere than in terms of flavor as there’s not an almond note that I can discern, though supposedly this contains almond. Perhaps it was the luck of the spoon. If there had been almond to my tastebuds, this would be more similar to Brioche than it is. But in addition to not tasting the almond, this also doesn’t give off the same bear claw type baked goods flavor. The “cookie” part is not a soft, baked, flaky sort of flavor, more of a hard, chewy sort of flavor.

The package recommends having this with milk, but I don’t think it needs it. Which is a good thing, or I probably wouldn’t give it high marks.

It’s tasty, just not as cookie-ish as I had hoped. But perhaps, as I mentioned, that’s the luck of the spoon and I’ll get more of that flavor on the next try.

Flavors: Caramel, Cookie

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Evol Ving Ness

This review makes me happy. Now I need to try this tea. But because I am quite like you in terms of browsing for one or two and ending up with thirty, I am not even going there.

Anything right now that involves spending American dollars for us Canadians right now is a dangerous dangerous thing. So, I will patiently wait until our dollar starts doing something a bit more splendid than what it is doing right now.
__Morgana__

We’ve been on the other side of the dollar issue, so I totally get it!

Had this twice in the Lupicia store but wasn’t convinced, but decided to bring it home anyway. It’s so much better with milk added. I taste almond, caramel, and a very smooth buttery-milky flavor. It’s basically a liquid cookie. Had it with Hokkaido milk pudding tonight, and it brought forward the malty tones and boosted the creaminess. Did not add sugar since it’s sweet enough with the pudding.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 150 OZ / 4436 ML

I adore this tea. When I opened my happy bag in the mail and saw they including a 2 oz pack of this I was so excited. I had only received a sample tea bag of it before and was dying to get more of it. It’s such a yummy buttery tea. Very smooth and always a delight to drink. When I run out of it I definitely plan on keeping some in my cupboard from now on.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

4th tea from Lupicia Happy Bag.

I woke up at Noon with this tea in mind, so nothing was going stop me from having it!

As someone else mentioned, this is a good breakfast tea…though not a tea on the go…more like lazy weekend mornings that you can just sit and enjoy/read the newspaper/book/magazine/etc.

I am not in love with this tea, however I am not at all opposed to ordering this.

Uh Oh….I have a feeling I will be making a Lupicia order before March ends…And I had already decided to make another Davids Tea buy for my birthday, and I just ordered quite a few samples from A Quarter of Tea aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddd I want to order the 25 Essential Teas set from Kusmi and more samples from Fusion.

Guess I’m more then making up for not buying much if any tea in the last 2 years or so.

Hmm…

Anyways…back to this tea, so even though not in love with this tea, I think I like it enough that I will want to buy more…though maybe I should wait till I finish the bag…lol.
It’s sweet, but not obnoxiously sweet, a nice nutty flavor (Though truthfully kind of burnt out on nutty flavors in tea.

Thank you to TeaBrat for providing this sample! In my opinion, this is a tea that requires milk and sweetener. A little longer infusion helps too. This definitely tastes like a cookie! I’ve been sipping on it and trying to decide what kind of cookie. At first, I thought caramel, then peanut butter, then thumbprint. Those are three vastly different kinds of cookies! I guess I have no idea what kind this tastes like, but it is delicious. A delicious cookie in tea form! I forgot how much I like Lupicia Teas. This is definitely worth getting again.

Flavors: Caramel, Cookie

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

This is a good one for sure!