Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Almond, Cookie, Astringent, Caramel, Butter, Coffee, Hazelnut, Nuts, Spices, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Creamy, Cinnamon, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 oz / 352 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don't want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I'm doing the responsible thing...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 899 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster... I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend's house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that seems to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2392 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Azzrian* for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting - very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this could be a CTC...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Had this this morning with some soy creamer and just a hint of sugar. It really does smell like a cookie. Probably the best tea for dessert that I own. Great with milk, but the flavor is mild enough that it tastes great plain, too!

Blllerrggggggh. Bahhhhh I really didn’t like this one. This is the first tea from Lupicia that I haven’t liked. The smells is nice and interesting and pretty fun, it seems like it would be good.

I tried it with a splash of 2% milk and I just gotta say, it tastes like melted butter – and not in a good way!! It’s very rich and kinda gross, it feels like you’re drinking butter. Not fun. I’m gonna try it again with maybe a lighter steep time or hotter water or something. But I’m pretty sure I hate this one, I’m gonna have to give it away if it’s as gross next time.

Sorry Lupicia, an epic winning streak but finally one tea of yours that I don’t actually just love. Strange! Anyway, I’ll give it another shot and report back if it’s awesome. If it’s gross, I’m totally giving this away. :)

I used 1 tsp per 8oz, (hot) b/c I can’t figure out how many grams.

Smells: Definitely caramel, almost burnt/smoky, probably from the black tea. The scent is even warmer and sweeter as it is steeped.

Taste: Since it’s a black tea, I wasn’t expecting anything really sweet (although I was hoping for a slightly sweet dessert type. It’s a very interesting case with this one; milk didn’t make much of a difference. First thing I can taste is the full black tea, with hint a caramel. Not very sweet, but nothing sweetener can’t fix, if you’re fond of adding. The aftertaste is really something; first I taste the black tea, but it slowly melts away into a pleasant, malty caramel flavor that lingers. I’ve never had anything like it before.

I might buy this again, but I’m really interested in sampling different types of dessert teas and such. I also might steep longer, but I’m afraid of it getting too bitter.

Just a quick note.. I have to get outside and walk while the weather is good.
Almond…
Cookie…
Yummy…
The End!

Flavors: Almond, Cookie

Stephanie

I just took a walk too!

very yummy!

This sample came from mj. This is one of the Lupicia teas that I was most interested in, so I’m very happy that I was able to get it in a swap! It’s in sachet form, and it looks to be about a teaspoon of leaf in there. The leaves themselves are small and dark, and there are little chunks of something mixed in (apparently almonds). Dry scent is very sweet and caramel-y with vanilla. I steeped mine for 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

Brewed, it smells like oatmeal cookies (no raisins) with caramel in them. Honestly… I’m not too impressed with this one, and that makes me really sad. I’m not getting a lot of flavoring here, just a mediocre black base with a bit of astringency. I tried adding a bit of sugar and milk, and it helped it taste like a cookie a little more, but I’m not big into teas that I have to add things to in order to enjoy them. This one is a letdown for me. :(

Flavors: Astringent, Caramel

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

aww. I like this one :)

Cameron B.

I really thought I would too… I feel like I need to try it again since I seem to be an outlier, but I don’t have any more. :(

boychik

I may supply you with some in loose form;). Man, we do need to swap!

Cameron B.

Yes, we totally do! Send me a message whenever you’re ready. :D

boychik

It is better you send me cause I’m preparing something for someone at the moment. Maybe it will be easier to sort. I’m serious.

This tea smells caramel-like when dry, and there is a somewhat caramel flavour there steeped too. Caramel, yet cookie. I’ve had to finangle with all the steeping parameters to finally get a cup I’m nearly fully enjoying though.

This cup had 2.8g of dry tea/14 oz. of just under boiling water. Not actually 205 degrees, I only waited a few moments until the majority of steam was gone from the open kettle. Then a quick steep of 2.5 minutes.

I’m finding I want just a little bit more of something. Maybe adding milk would bring something out, though I’m not one for adding milk. Maybe my next cup I’ll be brave enough.

TeaBrat

This is pretty good with milk (I use soymilk personally)

The nice people at Lupicia gave me this sample to try when I visited last week. It smells really nice, kinda like a snickerdoodle. There is a flavour of cookie as well- sweet, buttery, and a bit of spice. This tea makes want to bake and/or get more.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Spices, Sweet

Dustin

I love this tea!

Lariel of Lórien

It’s good, but might be even better in a different season.

I’m finally starting to work my way through the insane amount of tea I bought, received as gifts and got in tea trades over the last few years. I sorted all my teas by type, and decided on a black tea tonight. Rummaging through the drawer, I found this one, and my decision was made.
I was not overwhelmed by a cookie smell, but that may be because it has been in a plastic bag, in a drawer with a bunch of other teas in plastic bags for the last year or so. Needless to say, none of them are smelling particularly amazing at this point. Fresh stuff may have a better smell, I’m not sure.
Brewed though, it smelled delicious. I would not say quite like a cookie, but maybe like a warm biscotti. I inhaled its delicious scent for a bit before tasting.
The taste was a bit mild, but I knew some sweetness would really bring out the underlying flavors in the tea. I was going to go with a splash of milk and some brown sugar, only to realize I had no milk. I did have sweetened condensed milk, so I put a teaspoon of that in. It did the trick. It tastes a bit like a sugar cookie dipped in warm milk.
I think next cup I am going to try with some full fat coconut milk and brown sugar.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cookie, Creamy

Creepily, this really did taste like a cookie. I wish I had milk with me when I used my sample, I bet the creamy addition would have made it even more cookie-like, with no added sugar even.

I never really thought I’d be this sad over some actor’s death that I didn’t even know. But I am. I think the main part about Robin Williams’ death that crushes me is that his life ended in suicide. I mean, suicide in general is sad. But when you think of all the amazing movies he was in that brought inspiration and laughter to so many peoples’ lives, it’s hard to believe he ended up killing himself. Maybe he was just that amazing of an actor, but it always seemed like he fully believed all the inspiring lines he said in movies. I can’t explain it, but so many movies that he has played in have a special place in my heart.
A lot of posts on tumblr going around today are referring to him as, I quote:
“robin williams was like that uncle you didn’t see often but when you did he’d always make you smile and you remembered nothing but good things…”

Maybe that’s exactly what I’m trying to say. I grew up watching his movies, and they always had a way of giving people hope and happiness. Kinda has felt like he was that crazy, awesome uncle who never wanted to grow up and just stay fun forever.
Through amazing movies like Hook and the Dead Poet’s Society, Robin Williams has earned a special place in my heart.
I am crushed on so many different levels over his death. As someone who struggles with pretty constant depression, it is even more heartbreaking to know that he lost that final battle. Despite all of the bad things in his personal life, I will always think of him in the best of light. Brightening up peoples’ lives through the films he has been in. Peter Pan, is the Robin Williams that I will remember. John Keating, is the Robin Williams that I will remember. Mrs. Doubtfire is the Robin Williams that I will remember. I want to remember Robin Williams in his finest moments, even if they were just on a movie screen.
And I’m sorry if this is all just rambles. I’m super tired, and really sad over the events of today. Sorry if I make no sense. >< In sum, I am heartbroken over the tragedy of Robin Williams and I just have too many feelings right now to be clear about anything. xD
So I’ll just be drinking a crap load of comforting teas tonight like this one. Remembering all the good that Robin Williams has done here while he lived.
RIP Robin Williams July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

Flavors: Butter, Cookie

QueenOfTarts

I was absolutely stunned when I heard the news about his death.. honestly can’t believe it. It’s just so incredibly tragic. He was a big part of my life growing up as well. I hope that your teas made your evening a little bit better. Good tea seems to help.

Blodeuyn

I think you summed up how many of us feel. I hope we all can take a moment to reflect on our own lives and to also shed light on the serious issue of depression. I hope you feel better Ost, I know how hard it can be and I’m here if you need to chat.

Ost

QueenOfTarts I knew that he, like most celebrities had issues with drugs and depression and stuff…but it shocked me too. So sad. >< And yeah, teas always help one feel a bit better.

Blodeuyn Glad it made a little sense at least! My emotions are pretty muddled right now about it all. >< And thanks for offering to let me vent. Means a lot. (:

yyz

Well said!

Mandy

It’s like, so many of the people who know of him, don’t know him as a him, but as the people he played. And. It’s already hard to sepperate the actor from the character, especially when you found out that this man that you grew up with and was the happiest guy. I can’t picture this man, this voice of my childhood, as anyone but a happy cheerful man. And hearing about celebrity suicide is especially rare, and he was the last person you would have thought would have done it. I mourn for his loss, because no one should ever feel like that, and it’s a special kind of twisted irony that someone who touched so many lives ended up ending things because of those feelings.
tldr I feel what you’re saying

Ost

You put those feelings so well into words.
Kinda wondering if he really felt and believed one of the lines he had…
““I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.”

No one should feel that way, it’s sad to think he probably felt that way :/