Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut, Astringent, Nutty, Sweet, Almond, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Caramel, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Brown Sugar, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 10 oz / 304 ml

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Had this this morning with some soy creamer and just a hint of sugar. It really does smell like a cookie. Probably the best tea for dessert that I own. Great with milk, but the flavor is mild enough that it tastes great plain, too!

Blllerrggggggh. Bahhhhh I really didn’t like this one. This is the first tea from Lupicia that I haven’t liked. The smells is nice and interesting and pretty fun, it seems like it would be good.

I tried it with a splash of 2% milk and I just gotta say, it tastes like melted butter – and not in a good way!! It’s very rich and kinda gross, it feels like you’re drinking butter. Not fun. I’m gonna try it again with maybe a lighter steep time or hotter water or something. But I’m pretty sure I hate this one, I’m gonna have to give it away if it’s as gross next time.

Sorry Lupicia, an epic winning streak but finally one tea of yours that I don’t actually just love. Strange! Anyway, I’ll give it another shot and report back if it’s awesome. If it’s gross, I’m totally giving this away. :)

I used 1 tsp per 8oz, (hot) b/c I can’t figure out how many grams.

Smells: Definitely caramel, almost burnt/smoky, probably from the black tea. The scent is even warmer and sweeter as it is steeped.

Taste: Since it’s a black tea, I wasn’t expecting anything really sweet (although I was hoping for a slightly sweet dessert type. It’s a very interesting case with this one; milk didn’t make much of a difference. First thing I can taste is the full black tea, with hint a caramel. Not very sweet, but nothing sweetener can’t fix, if you’re fond of adding. The aftertaste is really something; first I taste the black tea, but it slowly melts away into a pleasant, malty caramel flavor that lingers. I’ve never had anything like it before.

I might buy this again, but I’m really interested in sampling different types of dessert teas and such. I also might steep longer, but I’m afraid of it getting too bitter.

What a delicious evening treat! I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s rich and buttery and slightly sweet, even with nothing added. The flavor really does remind me of a cookie…hazelnut biscotti maybe? I’m also getting a bit of malt from the base tea and just a hint of astringency, which I’m sure would smooth out if I added some milk. This is definitely one I’ll be ordering at some point in the future. A big THANK YOU to The Cookie Lady for the sample!

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut

I am having some health issues, and one of the few upsides is lots of time near my tea cabinet. Tea is a great comfort— warm and nurturing, good for me, and (silly as it sounds) one hobby that my body hasn’t precluded. (The other is online shopping, which is a whole ’nother story…)

Cookie is part of a stash that I am using up— I didn’t really care for it or the cinnamon pu’erh version at first, but the pu’erh is growing on me. Cookie is tasting better, too, but there are so many other fantastic black teas that I won’t miss it when it’s gone.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you’ll feel better soon. :(

sren

Thanks, me too. :)

Cooooooookie!

I have two little samples of this – one from a swap from Sil last summer and one from a swap from VariaTEA late last year/early this year. So I finally dug in – I had this both yesterday and today, using up the little packet from Sil.

This really does smell like a chocolaty, oatmeal-y, raisin-y, sugary cookie. Yesterday I steeped it for too long and didn’t add any sugar, and it was weirdly burnt tasting and overly sweet. Tonight though, I steeped it only for about 4 minutes and remembered to add some agave nectar. The extra sugar really brings some body to the tea and rounds out the sweet taste.

I really wonder what’s in this stuff! There’s an incredible caramelized sweetness to this that honest to god does taste like baked goods. This is definitely a tea to save for special occasions.

it’s nice with milk added as well..something i don’t normally do with tea

This was the second sample that came with my Lupicia order. I found it okay. No real flavor, just like the tea last night. I’m wondering if my sense of taste has deteriorated even more, because the girl scout shortbread cookies tasted only okay too, and I know I love those.

Edited to add: I just drank plain hot water. Yep, tastes the same as the tea. The nasty chest yuck must have stolen what little sense of taste I have. Hopefully I’ll get better soon.

This shares the baked goods note from White Christmas! Oh, White Christmas. Why can’t I drink you all the time.
Buttery, a little coffee-like, nutty, sweet, and full-bodied. I’m not really getting the almond, but I can see where it comes from. This is great. If I get a hankering for White Christmas out of season, I know what I’m ordering.

Flavors: Astringent, Butter, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The dry leaf smells good. The wet leaf smells better. The tea tastes yum! I can taste the caramelized bottom of the cookie from staying in the oven just a minute too long. So homemade. Going with the recommendation by Lupicia I added milk. I also added sweetener because, well, Cookie! This smooths everything out and adds a rich texture to it. This was a fun break. Thanks Stephanie.

Form: teabag

Been dying to see what everyone is raving about tasting Cookie. Had figured I would order it at some point, but yesterday discovered I had a sample from my Lupicia mailing.

I spent the better part of today, about 7 hours Christmas shopping! Had to make a return which turned into more of an exchange…lol…at Vera Bradley outlet. Found a shirt at the Loft for my friend, a necklace for hubby to give me ;) and hats for my son and nephew. A set of cutting mats for my brothers kitchen. These cool rifle lighters for my dad, FIL and brother. Then went to another mall where I shopped for my SIL and then cyber shopped in store for more hats (they didn’t have the right size in store but the nice worker showed me if I ordered online I saved 30%!!!). Picked up my free piece of chocolate at Godiva, course I had to buy the other two new truffle flavors. Oh! And the big surprise was at World Market, a new Downton tea!!! It isn’t even on ROTs website. Just in time for my swap with Ost, she’ll be surprised (unless she reads this ;) )

Finally got home about 8pm and heading towards my migraine, I need some tea! Gotta head back out tomorrow to do a bit more for the hubby too.

Back to the tea….This one smells amazing! I totally get a burnt smell, but in a good way.

Overall I thought this was a good cup. I personally would call it a creme brûlée as I didn’t get my cookie flavor as I did burnt sugar. I think the black base on this was a bit week so I would prefer a different base to round it out.

I’ll probably order some loose leaf next time I order from Lupicia….I might just have to add a little more black tea to it.