Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Caramel, Cookie, Almond, Brown Sugar, Nutty, Sweet, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 17 oz / 516 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don’t want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I’m doing the...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 303 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1492 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster… I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend’s house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2809 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting – very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3051 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Had this this morning with some soy creamer and just a hint of sugar. It really does smell like a cookie. Probably the best tea for dessert that I own. Great with milk, but the flavor is mild enough that it tastes great plain, too!

Blllerrggggggh. Bahhhhh I really didn’t like this one. This is the first tea from Lupicia that I haven’t liked. The smells is nice and interesting and pretty fun, it seems like it would be good.

I tried it with a splash of 2% milk and I just gotta say, it tastes like melted butter – and not in a good way!! It’s very rich and kinda gross, it feels like you’re drinking butter. Not fun. I’m gonna try it again with maybe a lighter steep time or hotter water or something. But I’m pretty sure I hate this one, I’m gonna have to give it away if it’s as gross next time.

Sorry Lupicia, an epic winning streak but finally one tea of yours that I don’t actually just love. Strange! Anyway, I’ll give it another shot and report back if it’s awesome. If it’s gross, I’m totally giving this away. :)

I used 1 tsp per 8oz, (hot) b/c I can’t figure out how many grams.

Smells: Definitely caramel, almost burnt/smoky, probably from the black tea. The scent is even warmer and sweeter as it is steeped.

Taste: Since it’s a black tea, I wasn’t expecting anything really sweet (although I was hoping for a slightly sweet dessert type. It’s a very interesting case with this one; milk didn’t make much of a difference. First thing I can taste is the full black tea, with hint a caramel. Not very sweet, but nothing sweetener can’t fix, if you’re fond of adding. The aftertaste is really something; first I taste the black tea, but it slowly melts away into a pleasant, malty caramel flavor that lingers. I’ve never had anything like it before.

I might buy this again, but I’m really interested in sampling different types of dessert teas and such. I also might steep longer, but I’m afraid of it getting too bitter.

Had this twice in the Lupicia store but wasn’t convinced, but decided to bring it home anyway. It’s so much better with milk added. I taste almond, caramel, and a very smooth buttery-milky flavor. It’s basically a liquid cookie. Had it with Hokkaido milk pudding tonight, and it brought forward the malty tones and boosted the creaminess. Did not add sugar since it’s sweet enough with the pudding.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 150 OZ / 4436 ML

I adore this tea. When I opened my happy bag in the mail and saw they including a 2 oz pack of this I was so excited. I had only received a sample tea bag of it before and was dying to get more of it. It’s such a yummy buttery tea. Very smooth and always a delight to drink. When I run out of it I definitely plan on keeping some in my cupboard from now on.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

4th tea from Lupicia Happy Bag.

I woke up at Noon with this tea in mind, so nothing was going stop me from having it!

As someone else mentioned, this is a good breakfast tea…though not a tea on the go…more like lazy weekend mornings that you can just sit and enjoy/read the newspaper/book/magazine/etc.

I am not in love with this tea, however I am not at all opposed to ordering this.

Uh Oh….I have a feeling I will be making a Lupicia order before March ends…And I had already decided to make another Davids Tea buy for my birthday, and I just ordered quite a few samples from A Quarter of Tea aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddd I want to order the 25 Essential Teas set from Kusmi and more samples from Fusion.

Guess I’m more then making up for not buying much if any tea in the last 2 years or so.

Hmm…

Anyways…back to this tea, so even though not in love with this tea, I think I like it enough that I will want to buy more…though maybe I should wait till I finish the bag…lol.
It’s sweet, but not obnoxiously sweet, a nice nutty flavor (Though truthfully kind of burnt out on nutty flavors in tea.

Thank you to TeaBrat for providing this sample! In my opinion, this is a tea that requires milk and sweetener. A little longer infusion helps too. This definitely tastes like a cookie! I’ve been sipping on it and trying to decide what kind of cookie. At first, I thought caramel, then peanut butter, then thumbprint. Those are three vastly different kinds of cookies! I guess I have no idea what kind this tastes like, but it is delicious. A delicious cookie in tea form! I forgot how much I like Lupicia Teas. This is definitely worth getting again.

Flavors: Caramel, Cookie

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

This is a good one for sure!

I think this is Cookie. My package is actually called Biscuit Gourmand and labelled in French, since I did get it in France. And it makes sense that they translate their original japanese names for teas into both English or French, as the place of sale. Their catalogue number seems to be 5537 which googling leads to Cookie.

It fits marvelously all other descriptions of this tea on steepster, black tea, marvelous cookie, bakery type of smell, like sugar and almond and butter. My first attempt at making it, quite carelessly, because I wanted something to drink with lunch (yes, this is a weird choice, but I could not resist and it worked) and I loved it. I was struck also by how smooth the base was.
Ysaurella

seems lovely !

cteresa

It was, I really liked it! I think I might need to restock when I run out of it, already been investigating and the shipping within Europe is not unreasonable (and they let you pick 6 free samples!).

How is it that I got back inside from a walk over two hours ago and I’m still cold? This freakishness calls for a sweater, tea, and The Great British Bake Off, where some dude is coincidentally making a Japanese pagoda with tea-flavoured cookies. Win!

I haven’t had this in months, and revisiting it makes me… not miss it at all. The caramel is nice. It reminds me of caramel-flavoured Tim Tams. However, I’m not crazy over the base. Still too astringent for my liking.

But it’s warming me up. Victory!

gmathis

The British Bake Off episode I watched last night had traybakes, which I’m assuming is a UK term for bar cookies? At any rate, they looked so good!

Fjellrev

Sounds delicious! That show is so fun to watch.

gmathis

I’m a little afraid of the judges ;)

What a delicious evening treat! I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s rich and buttery and slightly sweet, even with nothing added. The flavor really does remind me of a cookie…hazelnut biscotti maybe? I’m also getting a bit of malt from the base tea and just a hint of astringency, which I’m sure would smooth out if I added some milk. This is definitely one I’ll be ordering at some point in the future. A big THANK YOU to The Cookie Lady for the sample!

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut