Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Cookie, Caramel, Almond, Brown Sugar, Nutty, Sweet, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 17 oz / 515 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don’t want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I’m doing the...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 303 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1628 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster… I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend’s house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting – very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3132 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

I think this is Cookie. My package is actually called Biscuit Gourmand and labelled in French, since I did get it in France. And it makes sense that they translate their original japanese names for teas into both English or French, as the place of sale. Their catalogue number seems to be 5537 which googling leads to Cookie.

It fits marvelously all other descriptions of this tea on steepster, black tea, marvelous cookie, bakery type of smell, like sugar and almond and butter. My first attempt at making it, quite carelessly, because I wanted something to drink with lunch (yes, this is a weird choice, but I could not resist and it worked) and I loved it. I was struck also by how smooth the base was.
Ysaurella

seems lovely !

cteresa

It was, I really liked it! I think I might need to restock when I run out of it, already been investigating and the shipping within Europe is not unreasonable (and they let you pick 6 free samples!).

How is it that I got back inside from a walk over two hours ago and I’m still cold? This freakishness calls for a sweater, tea, and The Great British Bake Off, where some dude is coincidentally making a Japanese pagoda with tea-flavoured cookies. Win!

I haven’t had this in months, and revisiting it makes me… not miss it at all. The caramel is nice. It reminds me of caramel-flavoured Tim Tams. However, I’m not crazy over the base. Still too astringent for my liking.

But it’s warming me up. Victory!

gmathis

The British Bake Off episode I watched last night had traybakes, which I’m assuming is a UK term for bar cookies? At any rate, they looked so good!

Fjellrev

Sounds delicious! That show is so fun to watch.

gmathis

I’m a little afraid of the judges ;)

What a delicious evening treat! I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s rich and buttery and slightly sweet, even with nothing added. The flavor really does remind me of a cookie…hazelnut biscotti maybe? I’m also getting a bit of malt from the base tea and just a hint of astringency, which I’m sure would smooth out if I added some milk. This is definitely one I’ll be ordering at some point in the future. A big THANK YOU to The Cookie Lady for the sample!

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Hazelnut

I am having some health issues, and one of the few upsides is lots of time near my tea cabinet. Tea is a great comfort— warm and nurturing, good for me, and (silly as it sounds) one hobby that my body hasn’t precluded. (The other is online shopping, which is a whole ’nother story…)

Cookie is part of a stash that I am using up— I didn’t really care for it or the cinnamon pu’erh version at first, but the pu’erh is growing on me. Cookie is tasting better, too, but there are so many other fantastic black teas that I won’t miss it when it’s gone.

Oh no, I hope you’ll feel better soon. :(

sren

Thanks, me too. :)

Cooooooookie!

I have two little samples of this – one from a swap from Sil last summer and one from a swap from VariaTEA late last year/early this year. So I finally dug in – I had this both yesterday and today, using up the little packet from Sil.

This really does smell like a chocolaty, oatmeal-y, raisin-y, sugary cookie. Yesterday I steeped it for too long and didn’t add any sugar, and it was weirdly burnt tasting and overly sweet. Tonight though, I steeped it only for about 4 minutes and remembered to add some agave nectar. The extra sugar really brings some body to the tea and rounds out the sweet taste.

I really wonder what’s in this stuff! There’s an incredible caramelized sweetness to this that honest to god does taste like baked goods. This is definitely a tea to save for special occasions.

it’s nice with milk added as well..something i don’t normally do with tea

This was the second sample that came with my Lupicia order. I found it okay. No real flavor, just like the tea last night. I’m wondering if my sense of taste has deteriorated even more, because the girl scout shortbread cookies tasted only okay too, and I know I love those.

Edited to add: I just drank plain hot water. Yep, tastes the same as the tea. The nasty chest yuck must have stolen what little sense of taste I have. Hopefully I’ll get better soon.

This shares the baked goods note from White Christmas! Oh, White Christmas. Why can’t I drink you all the time.
Buttery, a little coffee-like, nutty, sweet, and full-bodied. I’m not really getting the almond, but I can see where it comes from. This is great. If I get a hankering for White Christmas out of season, I know what I’m ordering.

Flavors: Astringent, Butter, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The dry leaf smells good. The wet leaf smells better. The tea tastes yum! I can taste the caramelized bottom of the cookie from staying in the oven just a minute too long. So homemade. Going with the recommendation by Lupicia I added milk. I also added sweetener because, well, Cookie! This smooths everything out and adds a rich texture to it. This was a fun break. Thanks Stephanie.

Form: teabag

Been dying to see what everyone is raving about tasting Cookie. Had figured I would order it at some point, but yesterday discovered I had a sample from my Lupicia mailing.

I spent the better part of today, about 7 hours Christmas shopping! Had to make a return which turned into more of an exchange…lol…at Vera Bradley outlet. Found a shirt at the Loft for my friend, a necklace for hubby to give me ;) and hats for my son and nephew. A set of cutting mats for my brothers kitchen. These cool rifle lighters for my dad, FIL and brother. Then went to another mall where I shopped for my SIL and then cyber shopped in store for more hats (they didn’t have the right size in store but the nice worker showed me if I ordered online I saved 30%!!!). Picked up my free piece of chocolate at Godiva, course I had to buy the other two new truffle flavors. Oh! And the big surprise was at World Market, a new Downton tea!!! It isn’t even on ROTs website. Just in time for my swap with Ost, she’ll be surprised (unless she reads this ;) )

Finally got home about 8pm and heading towards my migraine, I need some tea! Gotta head back out tomorrow to do a bit more for the hubby too.

Back to the tea….This one smells amazing! I totally get a burnt smell, but in a good way.

Overall I thought this was a good cup. I personally would call it a creme brûlée as I didn’t get my cookie flavor as I did burnt sugar. I think the black base on this was a bit week so I would prefer a different base to round it out.

I’ll probably order some loose leaf next time I order from Lupicia….I might just have to add a little more black tea to it.

This tea came from the GCTT and it’s in sachet form.

I took of sip of this plain and even with the short steeping time I still found it too strong with a vague burnt caramel flavour. But then I added some skim milk to my mug and that smoothed out the bitterness and gave the tea a biscuity undertone. Then, even though I don’t often sweeten my teas, I added about half a tsp of brown sugar (I was cooking at the time – Thai food, yum). That’s the ticket as it turns out, and the flavour turned into something that reminded me of those cookies that have bits of toffee baked into them. So ultimately quite tasty but the trick is apparently the additives.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

Ah, yeah, I almost never add sugar to my tea so it’s kind of too bad that you sometimes have to do that in order to optimize the tea.