Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Caramel, Cookie, Almond, Brown Sugar, Nutty, Sweet, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 17 oz / 516 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don’t want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I’m doing the...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 303 tasting notes
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1492 tasting notes
  • “Good day Steepster… I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend’s house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2809 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting – very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3051 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

I am having some health issues, and one of the few upsides is lots of time near my tea cabinet. Tea is a great comfort— warm and nurturing, good for me, and (silly as it sounds) one hobby that my body hasn’t precluded. (The other is online shopping, which is a whole ’nother story…)

Cookie is part of a stash that I am using up— I didn’t really care for it or the cinnamon pu’erh version at first, but the pu’erh is growing on me. Cookie is tasting better, too, but there are so many other fantastic black teas that I won’t miss it when it’s gone.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you’ll feel better soon. :(

sren

Thanks, me too. :)

Cooooooookie!

I have two little samples of this – one from a swap from Sil last summer and one from a swap from VariaTEA late last year/early this year. So I finally dug in – I had this both yesterday and today, using up the little packet from Sil.

This really does smell like a chocolaty, oatmeal-y, raisin-y, sugary cookie. Yesterday I steeped it for too long and didn’t add any sugar, and it was weirdly burnt tasting and overly sweet. Tonight though, I steeped it only for about 4 minutes and remembered to add some agave nectar. The extra sugar really brings some body to the tea and rounds out the sweet taste.

I really wonder what’s in this stuff! There’s an incredible caramelized sweetness to this that honest to god does taste like baked goods. This is definitely a tea to save for special occasions.

it’s nice with milk added as well..something i don’t normally do with tea

This was the second sample that came with my Lupicia order. I found it okay. No real flavor, just like the tea last night. I’m wondering if my sense of taste has deteriorated even more, because the girl scout shortbread cookies tasted only okay too, and I know I love those.

Edited to add: I just drank plain hot water. Yep, tastes the same as the tea. The nasty chest yuck must have stolen what little sense of taste I have. Hopefully I’ll get better soon.

This shares the baked goods note from White Christmas! Oh, White Christmas. Why can’t I drink you all the time.
Buttery, a little coffee-like, nutty, sweet, and full-bodied. I’m not really getting the almond, but I can see where it comes from. This is great. If I get a hankering for White Christmas out of season, I know what I’m ordering.

Flavors: Astringent, Butter, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The dry leaf smells good. The wet leaf smells better. The tea tastes yum! I can taste the caramelized bottom of the cookie from staying in the oven just a minute too long. So homemade. Going with the recommendation by Lupicia I added milk. I also added sweetener because, well, Cookie! This smooths everything out and adds a rich texture to it. This was a fun break. Thanks Stephanie.

Form: teabag

Been dying to see what everyone is raving about tasting Cookie. Had figured I would order it at some point, but yesterday discovered I had a sample from my Lupicia mailing.

I spent the better part of today, about 7 hours Christmas shopping! Had to make a return which turned into more of an exchange…lol…at Vera Bradley outlet. Found a shirt at the Loft for my friend, a necklace for hubby to give me ;) and hats for my son and nephew. A set of cutting mats for my brothers kitchen. These cool rifle lighters for my dad, FIL and brother. Then went to another mall where I shopped for my SIL and then cyber shopped in store for more hats (they didn’t have the right size in store but the nice worker showed me if I ordered online I saved 30%!!!). Picked up my free piece of chocolate at Godiva, course I had to buy the other two new truffle flavors. Oh! And the big surprise was at World Market, a new Downton tea!!! It isn’t even on ROTs website. Just in time for my swap with Ost, she’ll be surprised (unless she reads this ;) )

Finally got home about 8pm and heading towards my migraine, I need some tea! Gotta head back out tomorrow to do a bit more for the hubby too.

Back to the tea….This one smells amazing! I totally get a burnt smell, but in a good way.

Overall I thought this was a good cup. I personally would call it a creme brûlée as I didn’t get my cookie flavor as I did burnt sugar. I think the black base on this was a bit week so I would prefer a different base to round it out.

I’ll probably order some loose leaf next time I order from Lupicia….I might just have to add a little more black tea to it.

This tea came from the GCTT and it’s in sachet form.

I took of sip of this plain and even with the short steeping time I still found it too strong with a vague burnt caramel flavour. But then I added some skim milk to my mug and that smoothed out the bitterness and gave the tea a biscuity undertone. Then, even though I don’t often sweeten my teas, I added about half a tsp of brown sugar (I was cooking at the time – Thai food, yum). That’s the ticket as it turns out, and the flavour turned into something that reminded me of those cookies that have bits of toffee baked into them. So ultimately quite tasty but the trick is apparently the additives.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

Ah, yeah, I almost never add sugar to my tea so it’s kind of too bad that you sometimes have to do that in order to optimize the tea.

I think I was expecting something more light and sugar cookie-like, but this is deep, dark and incredibly rich. Notes of almond, hazelnut, coffee, cake and molasses make me feel like I’m drinking a rich, heavy dessert.

I’m not super fond of the coffee note, but over all this is an impressive dessert tea. Not something I could drink often, but very good.

Flavors: Almond, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Hazelnut, Molasses, Sweet, Thick

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kittenna

Yes, dark and rich. NOMS.

The tea budget is limited right now, but Lupicia was having a free-shipping-on-any-order-sale, and I couldn’t resist the chance to try something by them.

The dry mix looks like a combination of long whole leaf, CTC, and little bits of nut. It smells like amaretto with a hint of biscotti. Given the sweet aroma, I was surprised, when I first sipped it, at how bitter it was. A roasted chicory kind of bitterness. It should be noted that Lupicia recommends adding milk to this, as it does have all the heft of an Irish breakfast. I can’t stand milk in tea, but I did add a spoonful of sugar, and that smoothed everything out beautifully. Suddenly it tasted like almonds and sugar cookies.

I’m really pleased with this one because it seems like when it comes to most flavored tea, either the base is weak or the flavoring is. This one has both a punchy base and strong flavoring notes. A great tea to wake up with. Definitely looking forward to trying more Lupicia teas. Does anyone have any favorites?

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Cameron B.

Melon Oolong! :D

Tamarindel

Mmm, that sounds good!

Tamarindel

@donkeytiara Is the black or green tea version better?

Ost

Golden Honeydew, Momo Oolong Super Grade, Ripe Mango Oolong, and I second Melon Oolong! :P

Fed ex came at 10 am, which is possibly a record. Usually they bring our packages around 4 pm. Both of us were excited to see them today. Me since I had Lupicia coming, and my husband because he ordered a bunch of new board games.

It’s yucky and cold today, one of the first days that absolutely feels like fall. So I tore right into that package and pulled out Cookie. For some reason I had it in my head that this would be similar to Brioche, but I was really wrong.

The leaf smelled a lot like coffee. Uh oh. Wasn’t expecting that. Brewed, still coffee, and a very dark caramel. This is definitely roasty. At first I wasn’t in love with it at all, but I like it more as the cup progresses, and as it cools more. It’s actually not too bad. Next time I think I will try it with some milk though.

YAY board games!

Marzipan

The conversation went like this.
Him: I have $178 of board games I’m going to order.
Me: OK.
But what I was thinking is, “Since you don’t tell me not to order tea, order what you want!”

yeah..thankfully we have a great game store with good pricing down the street from us, so i just walk down when the mood strikes lol

Marzipan

He gets his from Coolstuff, they have some sort of deal with a progressive discount and he says they are cheaper there.

Tealizzy

This one is definitely yummy with milk. :)