Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Astringent, Butter, Nutty, Sweet, Almond, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Hazelnut, Molasses, Thick, Cookie, Caramel, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Brown Sugar, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 10 oz / 309 ml

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Fed ex came at 10 am, which is possibly a record. Usually they bring our packages around 4 pm. Both of us were excited to see them today. Me since I had Lupicia coming, and my husband because he ordered a bunch of new board games.

It’s yucky and cold today, one of the first days that absolutely feels like fall. So I tore right into that package and pulled out Cookie. For some reason I had it in my head that this would be similar to Brioche, but I was really wrong.

The leaf smelled a lot like coffee. Uh oh. Wasn’t expecting that. Brewed, still coffee, and a very dark caramel. This is definitely roasty. At first I wasn’t in love with it at all, but I like it more as the cup progresses, and as it cools more. It’s actually not too bad. Next time I think I will try it with some milk though.

YAY board games!

Marzipan

The conversation went like this.
Him: I have $178 of board games I’m going to order.
Me: OK.
But what I was thinking is, “Since you don’t tell me not to order tea, order what you want!”

yeah..thankfully we have a great game store with good pricing down the street from us, so i just walk down when the mood strikes lol

Marzipan

He gets his from Coolstuff, they have some sort of deal with a progressive discount and he says they are cheaper there.

Tealizzy

This one is definitely yummy with milk. :)

I’ve been so curious about this one! Thank you Ost for letting me try it!

So, let me start by saying I’m drinking this straight, no milk or sugar here. It is VERY roasty. Almost to the point that it reminds me of coffee. There is some subtle caramel or burnt sugar flavor, too. I actually like this quite a bit, but I’m not sure if I’ll choose to order any if I ever make a Lupicia order. There seem to be other teas that fit this category for me. (American Tea Room’s Brioche, I’m looking at you.)

boychik

Agree w/coffee notes. I added tiny bit of MS and I think I prefer it unsweetened .

One of the samples I took out of the GCTTB when I had it. The tea, both dry and brewed, actually smells like cookies! This is a rich black tea with hints of sweetness like molasses, and a nutty kind of flavor, and it even looks like there’s bits of nuts in them.

Just a quick note.. I have to get outside and walk while the weather is good.
Almond…
Cookie…
Yummy…
The End!

Flavors: Almond, Cookie

Stephanie

I just took a walk too!

very yummy!

This sample came from mj. This is one of the Lupicia teas that I was most interested in, so I’m very happy that I was able to get it in a swap! It’s in sachet form, and it looks to be about a teaspoon of leaf in there. The leaves themselves are small and dark, and there are little chunks of something mixed in (apparently almonds). Dry scent is very sweet and caramel-y with vanilla. I steeped mine for 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

Brewed, it smells like oatmeal cookies (no raisins) with caramel in them. Honestly… I’m not too impressed with this one, and that makes me really sad. I’m not getting a lot of flavoring here, just a mediocre black base with a bit of astringency. I tried adding a bit of sugar and milk, and it helped it taste like a cookie a little more, but I’m not big into teas that I have to add things to in order to enjoy them. This one is a letdown for me. :(

Flavors: Astringent, Caramel

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

aww. I like this one :)

Cameron B.

I really thought I would too… I feel like I need to try it again since I seem to be an outlier, but I don’t have any more. :(

boychik

I may supply you with some in loose form;). Man, we do need to swap!

Cameron B.

Yes, we totally do! Send me a message whenever you’re ready. :D

boychik

It is better you send me cause I’m preparing something for someone at the moment. Maybe it will be easier to sort. I’m serious.

This tea smells caramel-like when dry, and there is a somewhat caramel flavour there steeped too. Caramel, yet cookie. I’ve had to finangle with all the steeping parameters to finally get a cup I’m nearly fully enjoying though.

This cup had 2.8g of dry tea/14 oz. of just under boiling water. Not actually 205 degrees, I only waited a few moments until the majority of steam was gone from the open kettle. Then a quick steep of 2.5 minutes.

I’m finding I want just a little bit more of something. Maybe adding milk would bring something out, though I’m not one for adding milk. Maybe my next cup I’ll be brave enough.

TeaBrat

This is pretty good with milk (I use soymilk personally)

The nice people at Lupicia gave me this sample to try when I visited last week. It smells really nice, kinda like a snickerdoodle. There is a flavour of cookie as well- sweet, buttery, and a bit of spice. This tea makes want to bake and/or get more.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Spices, Sweet

Dustin

I love this tea!

Lariel of Lórien

It’s good, but might be even better in a different season.

I’m finally starting to work my way through the insane amount of tea I bought, received as gifts and got in tea trades over the last few years. I sorted all my teas by type, and decided on a black tea tonight. Rummaging through the drawer, I found this one, and my decision was made.
I was not overwhelmed by a cookie smell, but that may be because it has been in a plastic bag, in a drawer with a bunch of other teas in plastic bags for the last year or so. Needless to say, none of them are smelling particularly amazing at this point. Fresh stuff may have a better smell, I’m not sure.
Brewed though, it smelled delicious. I would not say quite like a cookie, but maybe like a warm biscotti. I inhaled its delicious scent for a bit before tasting.
The taste was a bit mild, but I knew some sweetness would really bring out the underlying flavors in the tea. I was going to go with a splash of milk and some brown sugar, only to realize I had no milk. I did have sweetened condensed milk, so I put a teaspoon of that in. It did the trick. It tastes a bit like a sugar cookie dipped in warm milk.
I think next cup I am going to try with some full fat coconut milk and brown sugar.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cookie, Creamy

Creepily, this really did taste like a cookie. I wish I had milk with me when I used my sample, I bet the creamy addition would have made it even more cookie-like, with no added sugar even.

I never really thought I’d be this sad over some actor’s death that I didn’t even know. But I am. I think the main part about Robin Williams’ death that crushes me is that his life ended in suicide. I mean, suicide in general is sad. But when you think of all the amazing movies he was in that brought inspiration and laughter to so many peoples’ lives, it’s hard to believe he ended up killing himself. Maybe he was just that amazing of an actor, but it always seemed like he fully believed all the inspiring lines he said in movies. I can’t explain it, but so many movies that he has played in have a special place in my heart.
A lot of posts on tumblr going around today are referring to him as, I quote:
“robin williams was like that uncle you didn’t see often but when you did he’d always make you smile and you remembered nothing but good things…”

Maybe that’s exactly what I’m trying to say. I grew up watching his movies, and they always had a way of giving people hope and happiness. Kinda has felt like he was that crazy, awesome uncle who never wanted to grow up and just stay fun forever.
Through amazing movies like Hook and the Dead Poet’s Society, Robin Williams has earned a special place in my heart.
I am crushed on so many different levels over his death. As someone who struggles with pretty constant depression, it is even more heartbreaking to know that he lost that final battle. Despite all of the bad things in his personal life, I will always think of him in the best of light. Brightening up peoples’ lives through the films he has been in. Peter Pan, is the Robin Williams that I will remember. John Keating, is the Robin Williams that I will remember. Mrs. Doubtfire is the Robin Williams that I will remember. I want to remember Robin Williams in his finest moments, even if they were just on a movie screen.
And I’m sorry if this is all just rambles. I’m super tired, and really sad over the events of today. Sorry if I make no sense. >

Flavors: Butter, Cookie

QueenOfTarts

I was absolutely stunned when I heard the news about his death.. honestly can’t believe it. It’s just so incredibly tragic. He was a big part of my life growing up as well. I hope that your teas made your evening a little bit better. Good tea seems to help.

Blodeuyn

I think you summed up how many of us feel. I hope we all can take a moment to reflect on our own lives and to also shed light on the serious issue of depression. I hope you feel better Ost, I know how hard it can be and I’m here if you need to chat.

Ost

QueenOfTarts I knew that he, like most celebrities had issues with drugs and depression and stuff…but it shocked me too. So sad. >

yyz

Well said!

Mandy

It’s like, so many of the people who know of him, don’t know him as a him, but as the people he played. And. It’s already hard to sepperate the actor from the character, especially when you found out that this man that you grew up with and was the happiest guy. I can’t picture this man, this voice of my childhood, as anyone but a happy cheerful man. And hearing about celebrity suicide is especially rare, and he was the last person you would have thought would have done it. I mourn for his loss, because no one should ever feel like that, and it’s a special kind of twisted irony that someone who touched so many lives ended up ending things because of those feelings.
tldr I feel what you’re saying

Ost

You put those feelings so well into words.
Kinda wondering if he really felt and believed one of the lines he had…
““I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.”

No one should feel that way, it’s sad to think he probably felt that way :/