Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From Lupicia

Black tea scented with Mediterranean grapefruits. Refreshing bitter-sweetness.

About Lupicia View company

How is it that I like this tea? I mean, I typically try to avoid any hint of bitterness or tartness in my teas and I don’t even like grapefruit because it is too tart and strongly flavored. And yet I find this tea delightful.

I think perhaps because it tastes like what I wish grapefruit did.

I love the smell of grapefruit – sweet, tart, citrusy – it’s great. But the taste? Yuck. Too much of a mouth-pucker quality. But maybe that’s why I like this. It has the great smell of grapefruit – a rather true-to-life one, I think, specifically if I think of the slightly sweeter smelling pink grapefruit. But the taste is mild and light. Just sweet and citrusy and fresh with a little tiny tingle of tart. (Slurping does bring out a weird, almost grape flavor. I think I’ll pass on that in the future.)

As with most Lupicia flavored teas, this one isn’t for someone hoping to get knocked off of their feet with flavor. It’s soft, almost delicate. Personally, I’m all for it, especially on a potentially overwhelming flavor like grapefruit, but it’s not for everyone. Though I will say the husband did like it saying, “It has the aroma and slight bite of it that blends in perfectly with the normal tea-ish flavor but it isn’t brash like some of the others we have had.” He’s getting so fancy in his tea tasting. :)

2029 tasting notes

Another tea from when I visited Sil. Also probably from VariaTEA. :) Thank you!

It’s super citrus. Almost candied peel, I think. Black tea base. I added a tiny bit of sugar – maybe 1/4 tsp – just to brighten it a bit. I don’t want to risk milk, because of the citrus, but if it didn’t curdle that would be really good. Like a grapefruit orange julius tea.

Yum. Super glad I got to try this.

I add milk to the grapefruit EG you picked up for me, and it’s sooo nommy.

I do that too keychange! But this one I really wasn’t sure and I didn’t want to ruin my only cup if it didn’t work.

I think I still have a bag of this to try. Really looking forward to it

There’s a green one too! But I prefer black teas, so I think I’d prefer this one. If only Lupicia wasn’t such a pain to order from, and 30% more expensive now with the exchange.

This a great grapefruit tea. Definitely can taste the citrus and it is refreshing. Would make a good iced tea too probably.

From the Book of Tea at my parents’ place (which has become very depleted since the last time I visited!). This one should have everything going for it: a fresh, authentic pink grapefruit scent, a nicely mellow black tea base, and a juicy, natural, but not too tart grapefruit flavor. But my sachet also smelled like…melted wax? In any case, something was a little off and rather distracting. I’m not sure if it’s just my sample or something that’s common to all batches. Lupicia usually has very good fruit black teas so I’m inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I hope those of you who celebrated the lunar New Year had a great time last week, and here’s to a good week ahead!