Alphonso Mango

Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Jessy

From Lupicia

The king of mango, Alphonso Mangoes were used to scent this black tea.

About Lupicia View company

This smells exactly like mango hi chews! Only tried it hot today but I imagine this would be great iced!

165 °F / 73 °C

While it was still a good tea, I didn’t like it as much as the other Lupicia teas I’ve tried. I felt like it tasted a bit generic, the mango didn’t taste like mangos to me and it wasn’t as smooth as I would have liked.

Iced

1914 tasting notes

Welp, that was fast. I’ve forgotten how fast I go through black teas when making cold brews (using about double the leaf), since I’ve figured out that I like green teas cold brewed at a more normal leaf-to-water ratio and I’ve been drinking a lot of cold brew green teas. But I started cold brewing this one and now it’s gone!

It was super delicious as a cold brew. I’ve found that many of Lupicia’s teas, especially the fruity black teas, make excellent cold brews, and in the future I may have to keep some of them around for only that purpose (if I ever run out of teas I want to “use up” by cold brewing). This would definitely be one to re-order. Mango-y and refreshing.

Flavors: Mango

Iced
Dustin

I’m planning on hitting a Lupicia store tomorrow. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this one and give it a whiff!

Instead of making it to the Lupicia directions (5g tea per 6 oz cup, srsly.), I just plunked it in my steeper with a random amount of water under 16oz. About 3-4 minutes later, tea!

It was pretty good, but it was in a travel mug. Not my favourite mango tea.

So far, my favourite Lupicia is Chaud les Marrons! because it was good hot, it was good in a travel mug, and it was good cold in the travel mug. Seriously on my list!

Thanks so much for sharing all these teas with me, Dinosara. :) I have more to try, but I’m really tired and might not be posting much until I’m over the most strenuous parts of physio!

for Iced tea.

Fragrant mangoes add an interesting dimension to this black tea.