Malama

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Lupicia

“Moon” – The deep sweet aroma of high-grade cacao nibs and cacao powder complement a robust black tea blend highlighted with roasted Hawaiian macadamia nuts.

About Lupicia View company

This was maybe the first instance of my thinking chocolate in a tea context could be delicious. Mind you, I’ve baked chocolate cakes with Earl Grey before. Tea in a chocolate context can work wonderfully, but I wasn’t drinking that cake, you know? ;)

This, though…the balance is superb. I think I trust Lupicia’s blending prowess more than just about anyone.

I bough his tea by accident in the Lupicia store but then decided to keep it anyway when I got home. I was wanting the banana rooibos they had and I don’t need another chocolate/nutty tea especially as I have several ounces of “Florence” languishing in my cupboard that I seem to be incapable of finishing off.

So anyway, onto the tea. Package states this is a blend of black tea, roast cacao, macadamia nut, cocoa powder and “flavors”. As far as chocolate teas are concerned at least this one actually has a chocolate-y flavor which is more than I can say for some other teas I have tried. I don’t get a strong macadamia component here, there is something slightly nutty lurking in the background but I’d say it’s more chocolate than macadamia. There is something slightly sweet about this that I don’t really care for. Maybe that’s where the flavorings come into play, but it seems a bit artificial to me.

This is okay but I am not terribly fond of it…

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A very rich, heavy, robust black tea blend. This one, from the Lupicia Hawaii collection, is loaded in dark chocolate flavor. Wow, this is really rich and chocolately! The macadamia nuts add a sweet, clean nutty flavor end of sip. This would be a great latte for sure!

This blend is kind of like eating dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Ugg, reminds me that I’ve eaten all those macadamia nuts I bought. Man, the toffee chocolate ones were really good. A box I bought for my friend is sitting on my table and I keep looking at it. She really needs to get back from her work trip!

Full review of this tea, and pictures of the whole Lupicia Hawaii collection, at my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/exclusive-lupicia-hawaii-original-tea-blends-collection-lupicia-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Anna

It sounds like you totally should have some Honolulu Cookie Company cookies to go with this.

Awkward Soul

I would of, but I ate all my Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. OMG, those were very good cookies!

Anna

You went to Ala Moana, right? HCC AND Lupicia in the same building – lethal.