Malama

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “This was maybe the first instance of my thinking chocolate in a tea context could be delicious. Mind you, I've baked chocolate cakes with Earl Grey before. Tea in a chocolate context can work...” Read full tasting note
    janniverse 58 tasting notes
  • “This may be my favorite chocolate tea now! I love chocolate covered Mac nuts... but I'm trying not to pig out too much on summer break. Trying. Really hard.” Read full tasting note
    CK 335 tasting notes
  • “I'm sipping this tea thinking of my upcoming travel plans to Hawaii! I'm SO going to stop by the Lupicia store in Honolulu and check out their other Hawaii only blends! It is one of the things I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 470 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (192) Thank you *Dustin* for sharing this tasty, tasty tea with me! It is rich and chocolatey and has a great nutty flavor. Seriously, I love chocolate covered macadamia nuts and this is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1938 tasting notes

From Lupicia

“Moon” – The deep sweet aroma of high-grade cacao nibs and cacao powder complement a robust black tea blend highlighted with roasted Hawaiian macadamia nuts.

About Lupicia View company

This was maybe the first instance of my thinking chocolate in a tea context could be delicious. Mind you, I’ve baked chocolate cakes with Earl Grey before. Tea in a chocolate context can work wonderfully, but I wasn’t drinking that cake, you know? ;)

This, though…the balance is superb. I think I trust Lupicia’s blending prowess more than just about anyone.

This may be my favorite chocolate tea now! I love chocolate covered Mac nuts… but I’m trying not to pig out too much on summer break. Trying. Really hard.

I’m sipping this tea thinking of my upcoming travel plans to Hawaii! I’m SO going to stop by the Lupicia store in Honolulu and check out their other Hawaii only blends! It is one of the things I’m really looking forward to. Ooooo, and the chocolate coconut covered macadamia nuts! And the poke. And the fresh fruit. And swimming. And seeing lava on a live volcano. Okay, there are a lot of things I’m looking forward to!

This tea is nice and tasty. I’m getting a light “Lupicia black” base. It is that creamy starchy base that I have tasted in teas like Cookie and Sweet Potato Pie. There is chocolate on top of that, but I’m having a hard time picking out the macadamia nut. They are such a creamy fatty decadent yet mild tasting nut. I don’t think I have ever had them in a tea before, so it is a little more difficult to identify. It is a little bland without sugar, but perks up a bit with the addition. I was finding this tea pretty smooth until I got the the cooler bottom of the cup where I found a little bit of astringency. The second steeping is pretty good too. A little less chocolaty than the first which may be letting the macadamia out a little more especially in the aftertaste. Either way, this is a nice cup!

MzPriss

Have a bunch of fun in Hawaii!

Dustin

Thanks! I sure hope to, but how can I not, right?! It’s freakin Hawaii!

1938 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (192)

Thank you Dustin for sharing this tasty, tasty tea with me! It is rich and chocolatey and has a great nutty flavor. Seriously, I love chocolate covered macadamia nuts and this is a liquid version of that. Yum!!

I’m back at home after spending the weekend with my boyfriend. Somehow it seems sad to come back to an empty house and be by myself again. Anyway I was thinking about tea on my way home and what I wanted to have for the afternoon cuppa. It’s been a really warm day and I was thinking green or maybe oolong but I picked this out for some reason.

I’m not really big on chocolate teas generally, to me they seem disappointing but I thought this might perk me up. When sugar and soymilk is added to this, I like it much better and it has a creamy, nutty flavor. The chocolate seems somehow “chalky” to me however. Overall it isn’t bad, especially for a dessert type of tea. Probably wouldn’t rush to restock this when the current supply is gone.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A very rich, heavy, robust black tea blend. This one, from the Lupicia Hawaii collection, is loaded in dark chocolate flavor. Wow, this is really rich and chocolately! The macadamia nuts add a sweet, clean nutty flavor end of sip. This would be a great latte for sure!

This blend is kind of like eating dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Ugg, reminds me that I’ve eaten all those macadamia nuts I bought. Man, the toffee chocolate ones were really good. A box I bought for my friend is sitting on my table and I keep looking at it. She really needs to get back from her work trip!

Full review of this tea, and pictures of the whole Lupicia Hawaii collection, at my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/exclusive-lupicia-hawaii-original-tea-blends-collection-lupicia-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Anna

It sounds like you totally should have some Honolulu Cookie Company cookies to go with this.

Awkward Soul

I would of, but I ate all my Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. OMG, those were very good cookies!

Anna

You went to Ala Moana, right? HCC AND Lupicia in the same building – lethal.