Momo (Peach)

Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “I am really bummed because my first package from the Verdant reserve tea of the month club accidentally shipped to my old address that I just moved from, and is now very far away. I realized it...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “Peaches taste like summer to me. Which I miss. A lot. I seemed to like my cup today quite a bit more than I did last time, though I didn't change anything up. The peachy flavor didn't seem...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Auggy! YOU seriously ARE Awe-Awe-Awe-SOME! This is my LAST Black Tea today, SoccerMOM, promise! LOL This smells like Black Tea and Peach. FUZZY. YAY! Oh... Well... Aren't YOU a...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “steepster ate my note. I forgot to copy before hitting submit. *sigh* long story short, trying out some of my lupicia teas as cold brews to find something my other half will drink in the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Flavored with only Japan-grown white peaches appreciated internationally, and blended with young peach leaves, this tea has a very fruity flavor.

About Lupicia View company

Hadn’t had this one in a long time, and rediscovered it while sorting my tea cabinet. It really hit the spot this morning. Doctored up with soy milk and sugar, it tastes just like peaches and cream. Yum!

So, I reorganized my tea cabinet. I mean, gotta make way for the 8.8 oz of Ceylon Star on its way, right?! ;) I actually was able to clear out one of the large containers I use to hold various teas, which is pretty awesome! I also sorted all my rooibos teas into one container, because I really have to be in the mood for that. I also have one container full of samples…I guess I know now why everyone dedicates Saturday for sipdowns…too many samples! And besides all the good stuff, I have a container of teas I don’t wanna ever drink again….not sure what to do with those yet. I feel like some of them are so lame, I wouldn’t even want to give them to people. Hmmm. Do any of you throw away tea if you feel like you shouldn’t subject others to the disappointment? Well, guess I better work on those samples!

This was a morning staple for me for a while when I was still living at home. It doesn’t smell or taste like the usual artificial peach variant, but has a deeper, more genuinely fruity flavor. I was really pleasantly surprised because this is a black tea that still manages to retain the taste of black tea while at the same time tasting like peaches. It’s hard to explain. The flavor doesn’t overpower me, though it’s definitely not a weak tea.

It smells like heaven as it brews.

I haven’t tried it iced, but I’m sure it’ll taste great. Next on my list of things to do at home once I fetch the tin from my tea drawer at work.

Okay, true confession, I bought this one because of the smell.

It smells exactly like those sugar peach rings you ate as a kid. The taste didn’t really match the aroma at all, which is probably where my rating comes in. Its an alright tea, just probably destined for ice-tea in my home.

This tea smells divine, I have a weakness for peaches though. Brewed, it still smells somewhat like peaches, yay! Upon tasting, the peach flavor is less prominent and the black tea takes the stage but there’s definitely a sweetness on the tongue as you drink. Definitely good as a warm tea. The flavor is seeming to mellow out as I continue to consume the pot.

I may try brewing some more up again on another day with more tea and a bit of a longer brew period, as I seem to like my teas somewhat strong.

In all, a pleasant tea with mild flavor that will be good as a complement to my activities, but if my current activity is to sit and revel in a cup of tea this tea wouldn’t be it.

I kind of like it. Kind of weak follow through though, could be fuller. But it is good enough to drink as is (no additives).

I don’t think I’ve ever described a tea as cute before, but this really is. It’s a very happy black tea. The peach taste is both aromatic and sweet in your mouth, and doesn’t taste artificial at all. I’m sad I didn’t have more than a sample of this, but it was a nice way to start my morning.