Decaf Sakurambo

Cherry
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “Why is it that I get the best cup only when I am nearing the bottom of this tin?! It always had a bothersome tanginess too it that I had to mellow out with cream and sugar. This time I steeped it...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 619 tasting notes
  • “This tea has all the goodness of Sakurambo, but is caffeine free! This is the 2nd time to have Sakurambo, and I am still amazed by its intense cherry flavour. Not to be missed by anyone who likes...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 321 tasting notes
  • “This is a good tea with strong notes of cherry, but there is also a slight sour note. I brewed this with boiling water, which is my standard for black tea. I am thinking next time try 190 degree...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 586 tasting notes
  • “This smells sooo good! I made this at the same time I made Cookie and Banane Chocolate and all I could smell was deliciously ripe cherries. Sipping on it now, this has an amazing cherry flavor. Of...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2333 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Decaffienated black tea flavored with Japanese cherries, which has sweet and fruity aroma.

About Lupicia View company

Why is it that I get the best cup only when I am nearing the bottom of this tin?! It always had a bothersome tanginess too it that I had to mellow out with cream and sugar. This time I steeped it at 200F for 1.5 minutes and it was so much smoother! I still added a little sugar, but it was more to round out the sweetness of the cherry. I’m still getting a little bit of tart (this is supposed to be a sour cherry tea, right?) but it doesn’t dominate the cup. My tongue is a little dry after each sip.

I’m begining to think that Lupicia doesn’t know how to steep it’s own teas! All the greens say to use boiling water and the steeping times end up being way too long! I get much better cups when I use cooler water and shorter steeps.

Update: I left my cup out all night and came back to it this morning slightly chilled and wow! This would make a great iced tea!

This tea has all the goodness of Sakurambo, but is caffeine free! This is the 2nd time to have Sakurambo, and I am still amazed by its intense cherry flavour. Not to be missed by anyone who likes fruity tea!

This is a good tea with strong notes of cherry, but there is also a slight sour note. I brewed this with boiling water, which is my standard for black tea. I am thinking next time try 190 degree water with this tea. It is still good, just a little disappointing.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Cherry

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

This smells sooo good! I made this at the same time I made Cookie and Banane Chocolate and all I could smell was deliciously ripe cherries. Sipping on it now, this has an amazing cherry flavor. Of course, I have come to realize that I really shouldn’t expect anything less from Lupicia. Thank you Dustin for the opportunity to try this tea!

TeaBrat

ha – I had this tonight as well :)

VariaTEA

TEA TWINS!

This was another iced tea experiment. I had such good luck with the decaf fruit tea from Lupicia that I thought I’d try this iced.

I got this in one of Lupicia’s mystery grab bags. The Sakurambo (both decaf and regular) isn’t my favorite from them. It tastes like a combination of cherry and pine needles. I am rarely in the mood for that, but usually when I start drinking it, I find it grows on me.

This is actually good as an iced tea but I think my preference is having it as a hot tea. It might be better with food because the pine needle flavor is pretty strong!

Dustin

I never noticed a pine taste! I’ll have to look for that next time I have a cup!

TeaBrat

Really? to me the pine seems so strong! Am I imagining things?

Delicious naturally sweet. Brew for 1.45 next time. Temp was perfect.