Orange & Ginger

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “Hmm, this is better than I thought! The combination of orange and ginger doesn't sound too exciting to me, but at least it's not as off-putting as hibiscus and rosehip. Actually, I think I am...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 314 tasting notes
  • “So have I mentioned that I love ginger? Yeah, this one has been sitting on my wishlist for a while. It finally arrived in the mail yesterday, so I was eager to try a cup. As expected, this is a...” Read full tasting note
    KatBender 66 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A black tea blended with dry ginger that has the refreshing aroma of orange. The orange peels and marigold make this tea a beautiful one. Serve hot, iced or with milk.

About Lupicia View company

Hmm, this is better than I thought! The combination of orange and ginger doesn’t sound too exciting to me, but at least it’s not as off-putting as hibiscus and rosehip. Actually, I think I am getting to like ginger more and more :)

The notes of ginger and orange are rather mellow in this tea. The orange flavour is sweet, and there’s a bit of chocolate flavour too! The sweetness kinda neutralizes the hotness of ginger, which is good because ginger sometimes makes my mouth dry and sore. Now I enjoy the mild warmth in my cup, which help me unwind after a day of hard work… :)

As expected, this is a well-balanced tea. Like many of Lupicia’s flavored blacks, I find the base to be on the light side, and very smooth for a black tea. The ginger is strong, especially in the scent of the dry leaf— to the point that it had an almost chemical smell to it, when I first opened the bag. But that sharpness softened out once the tea was brewed, and the orange aroma became more prominent. I like that the orange adds some sweetness to this tea… I find that ginger on its own can be pretty harsh and earthy, so the citrus note makes it more accessible. (It’s not a super-sweet tea, though, by any means! I’ll have to try it with a little sugar or honey sometime.) A nice tea for lovers of citrus and/or ginger, and useful for warming up as the weather gets cooler.