Orange & Ginger

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “Hmm, this is better than I thought! The combination of orange and ginger doesn't sound too exciting to me, but at least it's not as off-putting as hibiscus and rosehip. Actually, I think I am...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 318 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for the sample *Marzipan*! I really like ginger in tea, but it turns out I'm spoiled from having used fresh ginger for so long when I get that ginger craving. This is good tea, but I...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 994 tasting notes
  • “I like ginger a lot. I used to bring my Thanksgiving turkey in this wonderful brine that had fresh ginger in it, and it was my very favorite part of the holiday. It smells so great! We don't eat...” Read full tasting note
    Marzipan 318 tasting notes
  • “So have I mentioned that I love ginger? Yeah, this one has been sitting on my wishlist for a while. It finally arrived in the mail yesterday, so I was eager to try a cup. As expected, this is a...” Read full tasting note
    KatBender 111 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A black tea blended with dry ginger that has the refreshing aroma of orange. The orange peels and marigold make this tea a beautiful one. Serve hot, iced or with milk.

About Lupicia View company

Hmm, this is better than I thought! The combination of orange and ginger doesn’t sound too exciting to me, but at least it’s not as off-putting as hibiscus and rosehip. Actually, I think I am getting to like ginger more and more :)

The notes of ginger and orange are rather mellow in this tea. The orange flavour is sweet, and there’s a bit of chocolate flavour too! The sweetness kinda neutralizes the hotness of ginger, which is good because ginger sometimes makes my mouth dry and sore. Now I enjoy the mild warmth in my cup, which help me unwind after a day of hard work… :)

Thanks for the sample Marzipan!

I really like ginger in tea, but it turns out I’m spoiled from having used fresh ginger for so long when I get that ginger craving. This is good tea, but I wouldn’t buy any… I think I’d rather add fresh grated ginger myself! I’m a ginger snob apparently :P

Marzipan

I liked it well enough but it’s not a reorder for me either.

Ysaurella

Ginger absolutely deserves snobbish drinkers, this is an amazing fresh spice

boychik

i do like ginger in Whispering Pines teas. all spices are super fresh

I like ginger a lot. I used to bring my Thanksgiving turkey in this wonderful brine that had fresh ginger in it, and it was my very favorite part of the holiday. It smells so great! We don’t eat turkey on Thanksgiving anymore – we created our own new tradition, but the smell of ginger still takes me back there.

I woke up with a very stuffy head on Saturday and decided that this tea would be just the thing to help. It’s a nice light black base that doesn’t overpower the flavors in the tea. I definitely taste the ginger, and then get a bit of orange/citrus around the edges. They are both there, but really well balanced.

If you like ginger, you will like this one.

As a side note to my Canadian friends, we just launched some $40 secret shops in these major cities: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, QC, Halifax. If you’re interested send me a PM! All you do is go pretend to be shopping for a car and then fill out a report online afterward. We also have some where you can get a free oil change if you have a Hyundai, VW or Toyota.

TheTeaFairy

Feel better Marzi…

Cheri

I hope you start feeling better quick!

mmm this sounds delicious!

hope you feel better soon

The Cookie Lady

I’m curious to know…if you don’t eat turkey on Thanksgiving, have you replaced it with something else? Or is your own new tradition just leaving it off the menu?

hippiechick 42

Hope you feel better soon!

Marzipan

We have beouf bourguignon, baguettes and creme brûlée. Mostly because my husband didn’t grow up with Thanksgiving (he is Danish), so he doesn’t have an emotional attachment to the food, and my girls don’t really like turkey. So we made a new tradition and replaced the food with food that is special to us.

As expected, this is a well-balanced tea. Like many of Lupicia’s flavored blacks, I find the base to be on the light side, and very smooth for a black tea. The ginger is strong, especially in the scent of the dry leaf— to the point that it had an almost chemical smell to it, when I first opened the bag. But that sharpness softened out once the tea was brewed, and the orange aroma became more prominent. I like that the orange adds some sweetness to this tea… I find that ginger on its own can be pretty harsh and earthy, so the citrus note makes it more accessible. (It’s not a super-sweet tea, though, by any means! I’ll have to try it with a little sugar or honey sometime.) A nice tea for lovers of citrus and/or ginger, and useful for warming up as the weather gets cooler.