Earl Grey Chocolat

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “I've found it finally - my favourite chocolate tea!!! :D I just lurrrrrrve this!!!! As a chocolate lover, I am hopelessly attracted to chocolate teas. However, most of the chocolate teas in the...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 308 tasting notes
  • “Since I really enjoyed their Earl Grey, I decided to try this one, even though I'd been burned by other chocolate teas. And I'm really glad I did. This is a truly decadent tea. Sometimes I felt...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 150 tasting notes
  • “So.... I'm far from a huge EG fan, however I do find that EGs mixed with something else to temper them are quite to my liking. So, I grabbed some of this in the hopes that it would an orange-y...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, *TheTeaFairy*. This had such potential but it's a little bitter for me. I used boiling water as instructed. It might have been a little too hot because I burned them. I mean, there's...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 269 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A chocolate-flavour tea with the aroma of Earl Grey, Indulge in the luxurious aroma of bergamot and rich chocolate. With blue mallow and cacao.

Steep in boiling water for 2.5 to 3 minutes.

About Lupicia View company

I’ve found it finally – my favourite chocolate tea!!! :D I just lurrrrrrve this!!!!

As a chocolate lover, I am hopelessly attracted to chocolate teas. However, most of the chocolate teas in the market are not as tasty as they have promised. Many of them smell lovely but there’s a lack of chocolate in the taste. Some are malty rather than chocolatey, and a few are even bitter. :(

But Earl Grey Chocolat of Lupicia is so so so different! It smells and tastes very much like milk chocolate – rich, sweet, chocolatey and non-bitter. Reminds me of hot Valrhona chocolate… it is so hard to believe that it is a tea. Better still, the base of this tea is a floral Earl Grey. The combination of bergamot and chocolate is awesomely fragrant and delicious, just like fruit-infused chocolate truffles. :D Serve it at a tea party and I am sure that every guest will be amazed!

Since I really enjoyed their Earl Grey, I decided to try this one, even though I’d been burned by other chocolate teas. And I’m really glad I did.

This is a truly decadent tea. Sometimes I felt like I was eating one of those chocolate covered fruit jellies, it was that good. The bergamot and cocoa are evenly balanced, and the one time I put sugar in it was amazing. It’s plenty good without, though. I almost felt guilty drinking this in the morning! Another Earl Grey win from Lupicia.

So…. I’m far from a huge EG fan, however I do find that EGs mixed with something else to temper them are quite to my liking. So, I grabbed some of this in the hopes that it would an orange-y chocolate kinda tea.

Nope. This is more floral than anything, with some chocolate richness in the background. I’ll give it another few tries when my sinuses have cleared.

TheTeaFairy

I like bergamot, but was unimpressed with this one. Doesn’t matter cause I liked all my other Lupicia teas :-)

TeaBrat

I’m usually not a fan of anything Earl Grey or bergamot related!

MissB

Trying to think of the EGs I’ve enjoyed. Teajo has a lovely one, and the Marshmallow EG from Herbal Infusions was really lovely. The more floral ones though? I’ll pass. I had high hopes for this! I’ll just have to share it with my EG loving friends — yes, I’m looking at you, CelebriTEA.

Suziqzer

CelebriTEA certainly does love her EG’s. I’m slowly coming around to them, only had two so far I think. I’m still in awe of the fact that I can do citrus teas and enjoy them… I still won’t put a lemon slice in my iced tea, but a tea that’s blended w/citrus I’m finding a liking for sometimes, esp orange flavors.

Suziqzer

I think bergamot is a love or hate it thing. I thought I’d hate it, but finding I might enjoy it if it’s not overdone. Count me out of most florals though, unless they are light and well done.

Dinosara

I’ve always been curious about this one but also skeptical. The only other Chocolate Earl Grey I’ve had was not really pleasant.

Thank you, TheTeaFairy. This had such potential but it’s a little bitter for me. I used boiling water as instructed. It might have been a little too hot because I burned them. I mean, there’s boiling and then there’s boiling.

I added a little sugar and creamer to remedy and as I said, the flavour is good but I screwed it up. Luckily, this is a larger sample so I can give it another go. I don’t really get bergamot even though it’s an Earl Grey and I was worried. It’s chocolate and something else, like fruit.

Now if these Habs would just score so I can go to bed!