Momijigari

Apricot, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Izzie
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

3 Images

• “This tea is the best wine tasting tea I have ever had - and its not even touted as a wine flavored tea! What the? I love it - apples and apricot and fallen autumn leaves? YES MORE PLEASE!...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: This tea is very autumnal to me. I taste apple and apricot - two flavors that make me think of late summer and early autumn, and the wine like notes work very well with these flavors. ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, so sad. It lasted until March, but barely! Juicy as usual, really refreshing. I love this stuff (though I have to move it down a peg or two since I've spent some time refining my score...” Read full tasting note
    beckymew 70 tasting notes
  • “A tea that tastes really "Lupicia" - Lupicia always creates lovely scented teas! I enjoy the potent apple flavour and the fragrance of apricot. They don't taste as artificial as in some cheap teas....” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 302 tasting notes

From Lupicia

“Vibrant autumn leaves are blended into black tea. A sophisticated flavor of apple and apricot is limited to the autumn.”

(“Momijigari” is the Japanese term for visiting scenic places to look at the colourful autumn leaves.)

About Lupicia View company

This tea is the best wine tasting tea I have ever had – and its not even touted as a wine flavored tea! What the?
I love it – apples and apricot and fallen autumn leaves? YES MORE PLEASE!
Tastes like the holidays!

Terri HarpLady

ooh, that sounds good!

Azzrian

It truly is! I wish it were not seasonal. Its funny Lupicia is one of my all time favorite tea sellers yet this is only the second time I have ordered from them! It was LONG overdue! I need to start ordering from them more often!

TeaEqualsBliss

Ooooo! Sista!

Backlog:

This tea is very autumnal to me. I taste apple and apricot – two flavors that make me think of late summer and early autumn, and the wine like notes work very well with these flavors. Hints of a rustic smoke-like tone.

The black tea is earthy and warm … and it complements the other flavors very well. A really enjoyable medley of flavors in one cup with this tea.

Sipdown, so sad. It lasted until March, but barely! Juicy as usual, really refreshing. I love this stuff (though I have to move it down a peg or two since I’ve spent some time refining my score criteria…it’s just so dang subjective).

Claire

Hey, your bestie happens to live in a town with a Lupicia…

A tea that tastes really “Lupicia” – Lupicia always creates lovely scented teas! I enjoy the potent apple flavour and the fragrance of apricot. They don’t taste as artificial as in some cheap teas. Though there’s a slight bitterness in the tea that leads me to lower the rating a bit. Someone says the bitterness is due to the addition of autumn leaves and I think it may be true! But anyway the idea of using momiji to create an autumn tea is very interesting… a good try!

“Momijigari” is the Japanese word for going out to look at the changing autumn leaves. The smell of this tea in the shop made me want to try it right away. The combination of apple and apricot in the dry leaf creates a honey-like note for me, and indeed if I had to say which colour this tea evokes for me, it’s definitely that red-gold of autumn leaves.

When brewed (nice and dark), there’s a slight bitter or smokey smell, which may be due to how there really are autumn leaves mixed into the tea. Both with and without milk, this is really delicious, with a good balance between juicy fruit and black tea flavours. Overall, a creative idea, very well-executed by Lupicia. I have a feeling this would be delicious iced.

I think the #1 aspect of this tea that I love is the aroma – it seriously smells like a Jolly Rancher! I love to have it sitting in my pot over a tea-light to keep my room smelling great.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that despite how strong the aroma was, the taste was much less prominent (a good thing!). It was smooth, sweet, and had just the right amount of boldness.

It’s hard to say much more than just how delicious this tea was. No need for added sweeteners – it’s perfect on its own. Momijigari definitely has made my top 5 favorites of anything I’ve tried so far.

I’d recommend this in a heartbeat and am sad that it’s so limited to get!

Flavors: Apricot, Fruit Tree Flowers

Drinking this a bit out of season, but it’s a fantastic tea. Delicately flavored, and gives the feeling of a crisp autumn morning, watching the leaves fall.