Elderflower & Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Flowers, Fruity, Grass, Medicinal, Floral, Peppermint, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by iorek-byrnison
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 g 10 oz / 310 ml

From Lupicia

Calming is this healing blend of elderflower, German chamomile, peppermint, rose hip and heath flower.

About Lupicia View company

This came in the Lupicia grab bag. I like chamomile okay but I’ve never had elderflower before. The tea seemed to be very vegetal like corn husks or something, I also found it slightly bitter. Wouldn’t drink this for the taste of it, really but it did seem to be nice and relaxing. Also I was interested about the health benefits of elderflower after I did some research on it, evidently it’s good for allergies.

Because FINALS WEEK STRESS.
I am SO ready for the school year to be over. I’m learning to love chamomile. This tea sloooowly grew on me and I only have one sachet left after this one! Ahh well. I’ll be home soon enough and I can buy some more :)

It must have smelled good when I bought it, but it’s quite weedy in the mouth. I can taste the roses strongly, and other than that, it’s a bit like drinking grass.

Flavors: Flowers, Fruity, Grass, Medicinal

Herbal and Decaf TTB

I’ve never had Elderflower before, so I was curious about this tea. Apparently I don’t like it. I only took a couple sips of this extremely medicinal concoction before dumping the rest. One more tea to cross off the wishlist. I did notice that there seemed to be several distinct flavors going on in the sips i took, but as my immediate reaction to most of them was “Yuck!” I didn’t take the time to really analyze what those flavors were.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very warming, hearty cup of tea. Reminds me of the medicinal herbal Chinese teas I used to drink as a child in Singapore. Not sweet, just what I need after drinking a way-too-sugary apple cider. I don’t think all Westerners will like this but it is a perfect before-bed drink for me.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal, Peppermint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

Herbal & Decaf TTB

When will I learn that I simply do not like Chamomile… I’m sure this would be fabulous for someone who enjoys Chamomile but alas, I still do not. There is a bit of rose and mint aftertaste which is okay (but I also don’t like rose.)

Flavors: Floral, Peppermint, Rose

From the Herbal TTB. Off to a good start.

I was intrigued by the list of ingredients: “elderflower, German chamomile, peppermint, rose hip and heath flower.” The blend makes a sweet, flowery cup. The liquor is light, mild, and smooth. Chamomile tends to be overpowering for me, but it’s not at all strong. The amount of each ingredient is just right. The aftertaste is rose hips and peppermint, an interesting combo. Refreshing and relaxing.

This tea was part of my $50 Happy Bag. Figured I would try it today because it is caffeine free. It has an interesting flavor, an earthiness from the chamomile and a zesty flavor I presume from the Elderflower. This is not one I would have bought on purpose and I certainly won’t likely buy it again. I will have to try it at night and see if helps me sleep. I don’t hate it and I don’t love it.

They sent the tea bags of this. Brewed two tea bags in one large mug for 5 min.

13 OZ / 384 ML

This is my night time brew for the past few nights. The calming of the chamomile is there, and the slightly hay-like taste from the elderflower is there. Unfortunately, there is a bit of rose hip in the blend, and this seems to overpower all of the other flavors. Maybe a hint of peppermint too?

It’s a pretty good tea blend. I prefer straight chamomile, though.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML