Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by laurennn

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “When steeped for the recommended time (1 - 1.5 min), the flavor is very delicate -- you'll notice it more on the aftertaste than when the first sip is in your mouth, and there's a definite pause...” Read full tasting note
    TSBrookhouse 8 tasting notes

From Lupicia

An exquisite emerald blend of Kyoto sencha, gyokuro and matcha. Enjoy the mellow and sweet harmony.

About Lupicia View company

1 Tasting Note

When steeped for the recommended time (1 – 1.5 min), the flavor is very delicate — you’ll notice it more on the aftertaste than when the first sip is in your mouth, and there’s a definite pause between when you swallow and when the flavor comes through.

Even when it has steeped a while longer (I put my leaves directly into a pot and so the flavor is getting stronger over time), the flavor remains light, vegetal, and sweet, with a long-lingering aftertaste. The water I used was a few degrees on the cooler side of the recommended temperature frame (70 – 75 C according the packaging). If you’re a fan of Gyokuro, you’ll definitely enjoy this Japanese green blend.

I bought this in-store, so I had the benefit of being able to smell the leaves that were on display. WOW. The price tag looks off-putting ($23.50 USD), but the scent of the leaves completely changed my mind. I made some adjustments to my original tea shopping plan so I could bring this home.