Kamairicha "Gokase"

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

From Lupicia

This tea is grown and produced in Gokase, Miyazaki which is famous for producing pan-fired green tea.

About Lupicia View company

a green tea, really not for me. Into the swap box it goes for anyone who wants to try it.

Great green tea from Japan. It’s so delicate that it will probably go very wrong if the brewing time or temperature is not controlled properly. I am happy that the brewing temperature I use for the tea is just right! :) The liquor has a beautiful jade colour, with my favourate vegetal scent of hay that is unique to Japanese green tea! I find the fragrance really calming. Taste-wise it’s mellow, on the sweet side, with an umami finish. Nothing can be better than having a cup of good Japanese tea before starting Japanese revision in the morning… ;)

a solid green tea. it’s very straight forward and simple.

i agree with larukucafe on the umami finish. i also thought the mouth feel was slightly buttery.

Not a whole lot to say about this. Very lightly sweet, first half of the sip is smooth and last half is astringent, very slightly bitter. I think I’m just spoiled for greens after Omaesama. It’s good, though.

A tasty green tea, it’s got a light to middle strongness of taste and is not bitter at all. It was good with my breakfast and held its own. Doesn’t really stand out though, so I don’t think I’d buy it.