Paradise Green

Green Tea
Mango, Pineapple, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical, Fruity, Peach, Tart, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by ajodasso

• “Just got home from watching The Muppets Most Wanted. Many of the reviews of it are like the reviews for this tea. Are either the movie or the tea going to change your life forever? Of course not...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1412 tasting notes
  • “Maaan I wish I knew what was going on with my mouth. Mostly when I drink something I get this odd, juicy-sweet-tart taste in my mouth. Even my mouthwash! It's not unpleasant, but it is misleading...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “F and I used up all our pilfered wine in the spinach risotto, so we drank the pitcher of this I'd been cold-steeping. I can't even tell you how much I love Lupicia's greens iced in summer....” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “I think i'm going to need to try this one as a cold brew. It wasn't bad as a hot brew but I'm not sure that i was in the mood for a citrusy sort of green tea. I have a few more tea bags to try...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5365 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Japanese bancha sprinkled with island flowers and the sweet aroma of a balmy day in the tropics. It’s paradise in a cup.

About Lupicia View company

Before Steeping:
Scent- Very sweet, smells like Jucyfruit gum

After Steeping:
Color- Bight yellow
scent- a little less Jucyfruitish

Taste:
Nude- Jucyfruit, very strongtaste, it’s more of a melon-like tea
With sugar- just very wrong, like jucyfruit on a sugar high

*in all a calming tea, Not necessarily a fan of it, but I don’t like Jucyfruit gum

What is it about Lupicia’s fruit teas that my first reaction is always “Oh this is so cute”? That’s not even an adjective you can use to describe food, but seriously, this is adorable. It’s very light, just a tiny bit astringent, and then the aftertaste is pretty much what I imagine might happen if you ate Hawaii—all these summery fruits everywhere!

This was a free sample with my Christmas tea, but I’m actually wondering if I shouldn’t get more for this spring/summer. I’m glad I got to try it! It brightened up a dismal day and did its job well.

This is, I don’t know, the fruit punch of green teas. If you like tropical flavors in your tea, this is the way forward!

QueenofTarts was kind enough to send along a bonus sample of this in a recent stash sale package. From the description, I was expecting to love this one and I wasn’t disappointed! While it was steeping my kitchen smelled like candied pineapple…this is one of the strongest scented teas I’ve had recently! The flavor was smooth and sweet and very tropical: pineapple, mango and papaya seemed like the main notes to me. The base seems very mild; I didn’t notice any of the vegetal or grassy flavor I might expect from a green tea. No bitterness or astringency either, even though I accidentally overheated my water. No two ways about it, I’m going to be placing a Lupicia order very soon!

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical

Well, nerts. K S sent a sample bag of this and I messed up the water temp. Too hot. It smells like a fruity little party, and even though I made the green tea go bitter, the floral-fruity stuff is still dancing around on my tongue and it smells like a fruit punch candle. Reminds me a lot of a Korean Wedding tea by O’Sulloc.

Well, everybody messes up a cup now and then…

K S

Amateur ;)

gmathis

Smarty pants ;)
(I’d better watch it. Trash talk like that will get me kicked off the site.)

This tea is nice! It is very tropical flavored with mango being predominant. It tastes like some french teas I have had. A little like Mariage Freres’s The A L Opera and a Palais De Thes tea too. It is well rounded, but light on the base notes. It is pretty good without sugar and I bet it would be fantastic cold brewed. There is a little tang from the green tea, but not so much that it makes things unpleasant or my mouth pucker. If I make it through the other teas that I have that are similar, I may turn to this one for a less pricey option!

Thanks for the sample Lupicia!

Anna

It’s CRAZY good cold brewed.

Dustin

I’m going to stick the tea bag in a mason jar and put it in the fridge right now. Sold!

Anna

Go, Dustin, go! I’m cold-brewing some of their wild mountain grape oolong (or whatever it’s called) as we speak.

I had received two bag of this from momo back when I purchased from her stash sale, and then a little loose leaf from JennKay when she sent me some teas. I finally tried it the other day and have to say that I am not as impressed as I’d hoped to be with this. I guess it’s because I really didn’t taste anything other than the green tea. I wanted more of the “paradise.” I only tried it hot and, since I often find that fruit flavors in green tea come out more for me when cold, I won’t rate this until I get the chance to try it again.

Pretty decent for a fruity flavoured green, but sencha bases really just don’t appeal to me, and that’s what most tea companies use. Anyhow, the tea was fairly floral/aromatic, sweet, and juicy – probably too floral for me, actually. Base was, for the most part, not overly present. Not bad, and not badly flavoured, but I’m glad I only had 5 teabags from my Happy Bag a couple years ago. (Down to 3 now, and I cut open the two to brew this time. Don’t really care for teabags…)

This was a bonus sample that greenteafairy included in my swap package. It’s in sachet form. I could see some orange peel and flowers mixed in with the green tea leaves. In dry form, it smelled like some kind of very sugary tropical fruit candy or gum.

Hmm, this is an interesting one. Once steeped, it smells and tastes similar to starfruit. Now for anyone who’s never had a fresh starfruit, I would describe it as a combination of apples and grapes in both flavor and texture. It has that wetness about it like a grape, but the texture is somewhat crisp like an apple. Overall, they’re very mild in flavor and somewhat tart. This is a fairly lightly flavored tea, especially for Lupicia. I can taste the green tea base and then what tastes like starfruit on top of it. The aftertaste reminds me of tart peaches. Quite nice and mild for a relaxing tea. :)

Flavors: Fruity, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m having this while watching the newest episode of Once Upon a Time. It smells pretty fruity. The flavour is similar, but more mild. Green tea works better with the fruit flavours. Still tastes like Summer, but it’s nice than the black tea version.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango