Calissons d'Aix

Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

3 Images

From Lupicia

Black tea scented with the image of “calisson,” traditional sweets of South of France for celebration.

About Lupicia View company

Mmm, a comforting milky-sugary pot of tea for the afternoon. I’m indulging in this one, which is delicious with additions. It’s so delicious with additions that it’s one of the only teas I would actually consider keeping around for merely that purpose. I love the almond-melon candy flavor. Calissons are not a common tea flavor, so I have to take it where I can find it!

Hmmmm – what do I think of this?
I’m getting almond/vanilla/fruit. Not sure it’s really melony as others have suggested. Almond, bakery, fruit (what fruit – dunno – ok maybe it’s melon – it’s not citrus – it’s not berry – strange)
I think I like it, but it’s a little outside my comfort zone. This could grow on me. I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to try more. It’s interesting, and not something I would have chosen for myself.
Thanks Sil for this experience – this is a perfect example of what I love about swaps.

I’m DYING to try this. It sounds so awesome!

I think I’m struggling with it because I’m not familiar with this flavor combination. It just seems odd to me, not bad, just unfamiliar – if that makes sense? I Googled Calissons to see what they were – that was after I was drinking it think – what in the world is this suppose to be…. shrug

Absolutely, I had a number of those tea experiences during the fall – something completely unfamiliar (and definitely outside my comfort zone) that I’ve found myself repeatedly craving since.

I just find it so exciting that there are still new flavours to explore.

A calisson is basically a French confectionary made with almonds and fruit paste, usually a melon, and then a thin layer of icing on top.

Another tea from dinosara it’s freezing in the house today so i’m keeping warm by sampling teas i haven’t tried before – likely because of only having a few teas with me last week heh. I managed to add in the few teas i bought while on vacation as well, and i’m still sitting at 175, though i will be getting more teas tomorrow which will bump that number up.

This tea is pretty tasty. I didn’t’ really know what to expect with this one as i had no idea what the taste was supposed to be. :) As it cools this is a very melon-y blend. I actually am quite enjoying this, despite not having a clue about what i was getting in to lol