Framboise Chocolat

Black Fruit Blend
Bitter, Candy, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Signed, Jane

• “More Lupicia from *Dexter*! Chocolate and raspberry is definitely a flavor combination I can get behind. So, the base tea... To me, it looks like a mixture of small leaves and little CTC pellets...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 827 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Dexter* for letting me try this one! I've been experimenting with Lupicia teas and this was one I was interested in. (237) It's smells lightly like raspberry, but the flavouring is quite...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “hhhmmmm. This isn't what I was expecting. This isn't very good. Fake candy raspberry with a hint of chocolate in the background. I haven't had a ton of Lupicia tea, but of the few I've tried,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 752 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A black tea with a wonderful harmony of raspberries and rich chocolate flavor.

About Lupicia View company

More Lupicia from Dexter! Chocolate and raspberry is definitely a flavor combination I can get behind. So, the base tea… To me, it looks like a mixture of small leaves and little CTC pellets (although they’re bigger than other CTC teas I’ve seen). Then there are the most itty bitty little white flower buds mixed in. I tried to look it up on Lupicia’s website to see if it described the base tea at all, but it’s no longer there! Oh well. Dry, it smells like mild cocoa with a lovely fresh raspberry note.

Hmm, steeped it smells like some kind of raspberry-flavored candy… The chocolate is there also, smelling lovely. Hm, I’m not a huge fan of the raspberry flavor here. It’s definitely raspberry-flavored something as opposed to actual raspberrries. The chocolate is that dark and somewhat bitter variety, which is fine since I added a sprinkle of raw sugar. Overall, this one is just okay, the raspberry flavor is mediocre and it’s the strongest flavor in the cup.

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

Is this discontinued?

Cameron B.

I guess so? It’s not on their website.

Thanks Dexter for letting me try this one! I’ve been experimenting with Lupicia teas and this was one I was interested in. (237)

It’s smells lightly like raspberry, but the flavouring is quite light. When I sip it, I taste the black base, then bright raspberry following by a little dark chocolate. It’s really quite muted though. I enjoy it but wish it were stronger, so I’m not sure I’d actually order this, not when I love the banane chocolat so much more. :) But now I know so I’m happy!

hhhmmmm. This isn’t what I was expecting. This isn’t very good. Fake candy raspberry with a hint of chocolate in the background. I haven’t had a ton of Lupicia tea, but of the few I’ve tried, this is by far the worst. Sort of out of character. This doesn’t taste like a Lupicia tea.
I can’t totally put my finger on it, but there is something else in here – nope will not reorder this one.
Re-evaluating my opinion of the raspberry chocolate bark I was drinking earlier…..

ifjuly

huh, interesting. i love raspberry chocolate bark precisely for the reason you don’t care for it, i think—how dark and relatively unsweet the chocolate is—and have been happy enough with it i haven’t really explored other raspberry teas. sounds like i may have dodged a bullet—if i’d been sniffing for one i’d probably try lupicia’s as normally i’m quite fond of their flavored teas.

Dexter

Yeah this one surprised me – I should like it, but I don’t. The rasp choco bark was better tonight than last night. I don’t think it’s a poor quality tea, the chocolate is just too dark for me.

Ew good to know. I’ve actually found i prefer lupicia’s flavoured puerhs and their oolongs….black teas are more hit or miss