Framboise Chocolat

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Signed, Jane

• “Thanks *Dexter* for letting me try this one! I've been experimenting with Lupicia teas and this was one I was interested in. (237) It's smells lightly like raspberry, but the flavouring is quite...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1621 tasting notes
  • “hhhmmmm. This isn't what I was expecting. This isn't very good. Fake candy raspberry with a hint of chocolate in the background. I haven't had a ton of Lupicia tea, but of the few I've tried,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 692 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A black tea with a wonderful harmony of raspberries and rich chocolate flavor.

About Lupicia View company

Thanks Dexter for letting me try this one! I’ve been experimenting with Lupicia teas and this was one I was interested in. (237)

It’s smells lightly like raspberry, but the flavouring is quite light. When I sip it, I taste the black base, then bright raspberry following by a little dark chocolate. It’s really quite muted though. I enjoy it but wish it were stronger, so I’m not sure I’d actually order this, not when I love the banane chocolat so much more. :) But now I know so I’m happy!

hhhmmmm. This isn’t what I was expecting. This isn’t very good. Fake candy raspberry with a hint of chocolate in the background. I haven’t had a ton of Lupicia tea, but of the few I’ve tried, this is by far the worst. Sort of out of character. This doesn’t taste like a Lupicia tea.
I can’t totally put my finger on it, but there is something else in here – nope will not reorder this one.
Re-evaluating my opinion of the raspberry chocolate bark I was drinking earlier…..

ifjuly

huh, interesting. i love raspberry chocolate bark precisely for the reason you don’t care for it, i think—how dark and relatively unsweet the chocolate is—and have been happy enough with it i haven’t really explored other raspberry teas. sounds like i may have dodged a bullet—if i’d been sniffing for one i’d probably try lupicia’s as normally i’m quite fond of their flavored teas.

Dexter

Yeah this one surprised me – I should like it, but I don’t. The rasp choco bark was better tonight than last night. I don’t think it’s a poor quality tea, the chocolate is just too dark for me.

Ew good to know. I’ve actually found i prefer lupicia’s flavoured puerhs and their oolongs….black teas are more hit or miss