Honey & Pear

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Dry - this smells like fruit and a little like sour wood...if that makes sense. Once infused... It smells woodsy, nutty, fruity, and like honey. It's medium brown in color. Toasty...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Another from my box of teas from LiberTeas on teatra.de - WEE!!! The beau and I brewed up a pot of this while watching the last two episodes of Arrested Development. I know we're behind the times,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “Oh this is YUM! Like YUMMMMMMM! The pear flavor is not particularly strong here, but, I don't think I'd want it to be more pronounced, because as it is, it is just perfect. The toasty notes of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4651 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from last night. I had this one after a few gin and tonics last night. More buttery hojicha but this time mixed with a very faint flavor of pear. The honey was more pronounced. Enjoyed...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Houjicha flavored with juicy Japanese pear and honey offers a refreshing fruity taste.

Green tea roasted and blended with Japanese pear. This blend boasts a refreshing, fruity flavour, with the natural sweetness of honey to compliment the toasted taste of its tea base.

About Lupicia View company

Dry – this smells like fruit and a little like sour wood…if that makes sense.

Once infused…
It smells woodsy, nutty, fruity, and like honey.

It’s medium brown in color.

Toasty Houjicha is the primary flavor but both the pear and the honey work wonderfully on the assist! One thing I noticed is that the honey notes are some of the BEST honey notes I have picked up on in a tea to date! The reason they stood up and out to me is because most honey flavors in tea that I have tasted taste old, stale, or artificial. This is sweeter and more natural tasting…almost like honey with sugar. It’s very nice!!!!

Interesting offering…nice cuppa!

Another from my box of teas from LiberTeas on teatra.de – WEE!!! The beau and I brewed up a pot of this while watching the last two episodes of Arrested Development. I know we’re behind the times, but oh well. As for the tea, I’m not familiar with or fond of green tea, but this one appeals to me in terms of flavourings. Hojicha is totally new to me but I’m intrigued to give it a shot.

The steeped liquor is a rich honey colour, and has a chickory-esque aroma. Smells faintly woody/nutty but there’s also a sweetness in the aroma. Fairly appealing, and nothing like any green tea I’ve tried. According to my research, that’s no surprise. First sips are surprising. It’s so reminiscent of chickory! It’s got a sort of pseudo chocolate aspect going on too. There is a faint sweetness with a woody almost smoke note as well. Not getting much by way of pear, but I assume the honey is the reason for the sweetness. Another nice one to have tried and I think I might take what’s left of this one to work to finish up. Yum!

160 °F / 71 °C
DaisyChubb

Yay my boy and I are late on the AD wagon as well. It’s a lovely wagon, thank goodness for Netflix!

Uniquity

We actually started watching it a few years ago and stopped for some reason with only 4 episodes left. Since they are talking about making another season and a movie now, I figured we ought to actually finish it up. It’s hilarious but SO bizarre! : )

Camiah

My husband and I recently started watching as well. It is fantastic!

Oh this is YUM! Like YUMMMMMMM!

The pear flavor is not particularly strong here, but, I don’t think I’d want it to be more pronounced, because as it is, it is just perfect. The toasty notes of the Houjicha are the strongest flavor of the cup, and I can taste lovely pear and honey flavors coming through.

So very nice. Yummy!!!

Backlog from last night.

I had this one after a few gin and tonics last night. More buttery hojicha but this time mixed with a very faint flavor of pear. The honey was more pronounced. Enjoyed this one too. Nice way to transition away from cocktails at the end of the night.

I had a slow beginning with this tea, but after several attempts (with different times, temps and tea amounts) I have found the right combination. Not the very rounded tsp I use for most teas, rather a leveled tsp. Not the suggested 3-5 minutes, rather 1.5-2 minutes.
I guess my taste buds are just a little different.

Those first couple of cups also helped me get accustomed to the idea of flavored houjicha. I love houjicha, just never considered it as a base for flavored tea. But the flavoring works so well with this tea.

Now I can say that this tea is TOTALLY worth the effort. It’s got the roastiness of the houjicha, and the sweetness of the pear and honey, all blending together for a good cuppa. A unique tea.

In a word: DELICIOUS.

This is enjoyable even though it is less fragrant and less intense flavour-wise than I thought. You know, Lupicia’s blends are always so powerfully fruity/flowery! The houjicha is delicious by itself and the roasted flavour is further enhanced by mildly sweet honey (I really don’t think there’s anything like pear in it). It makes me happy! :)

The honey and pear are mostly in the aroma, and just add an accent to the roasted flavour of the houjicha. This actually works pretty well, and I was really liking this tea by the time I got to the bottom of the cup.

2087 tasting notes

Though I may not have been having the best few days, my morning was certainly brightened by the arrival of my shared Lupicia order with a group of steepsterites. It was a giant box filled with awesomeness and the most exciting part? My new book of tea! Look at it!!! It’s beautiful: http://instagram.com/p/wuiF7ZvJdG/?modal=true. 100 different Lupicia teas to try :)

I reached in and grabbed a tea at random and this just happened to be the first one I picked up. I had never seen this one before but it sounded amazing and smelled of sweet juicy pear. As I brewed it up, I realized why I never saw this before – it was a flavoured green which I tend not to look at as I am not a lover of green teas. This one is actually quite nice though. Personally I think hojicha is a weird choice for a tea that has such light and fruity flavors and it comes through a bit fractured in the cup. Some sips have strong, roasted grass notes while others are ripe pear drizzled in honey. Its like two different teas were dumped into one cup and made to coexist, which they are achieving, though not particularly well. Perhaps a less aggressive base would have helped the flavors shine a bit more instead of fighting for my attention.

With that said, I find that as the tea cools, the hojicha becomes more muted which makes it slightly more enjoyable. Perhaps tats why this is recommended as an iced tea? Anyways, it is one I would drink again but as long as its on a hojicha base, it is not something I would want in any sort of quantity.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH! this is one of the few i’ve been trying to try lol but they’re always sold out haha

Roswell Strange

I always manage to miss out on group Lupicia orders :P This one sounds very good though; glad you kicked off the 100 with one that wasn’t a total miss :)

OMGsrsly

Pretty box! All the teas! :) This sounds really interesting, actually.

Fjellrev

So happy for you that you got it!

Anlina

Omg, that book of tea! Amazing!

I like it. Its sweet but refreshing. I love the smokiness of the tea in combination with the honey and pear flavours. delicious.