Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Flavor, Oolong Tea, Pineapple
Coconut, Pineapple, Butter, Cream, Floral, Creamy, Sweet, Vegetal, Fruity, Tropical, Grass, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “I’m going through my teas trying to get rid of things I don’t want anymore, so check the US swap thread! In a couple days I may make a box to sell again because I really need to clear...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “I was poking through my stash, opening tins to see how much was left of certain teas and sniffing them at the same time. There were a lot of delicious smelling teas in there, but for some reason...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2165 tasting notes
  • “I keep seeing this tea in the cupboard and thinking that I should have it again soon, and tonight I finally got around to it. This is one of my favourite teas and it’s been too long since I...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut together with a rich, buttery Oolong. Very nice indeed. The pineapple is sweet with a tart finish and tastes very authentic. The tartness lingers long...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4833 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A delicious tea with a flavour easily compared to that of a famous Taiwanese desert. The intense sweetness of pineapple is fused with an Oolong base. Ideal at the end of a meal, or as an afternoon treat.

About Lupicia View company

i was a bit sceptical about this flavour at first. but its really really nice. Its got a nice fresh pineapple taste instead of a too sweet fake pineapple taste. its really good.

Another from my LA tea spree!

Love LOVE this! So good! Smells more of coconut when dry, but definitely tastes like pineapple when steeped! I had some hot, very mellow flavor, warm pineapple scent. Cold is fantastic! Light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweetness that you can drink it all day, like I have been. Makes my summer days happy, even when I was at work.

Does not do well with oversteeping (oops). But the following infusions (three so far) have been great.

Going through my teas from the New Years grab bag and this was one of them. I normally don’t like fruity teas but this one isn’t so bad. It’s not overwhelming but given my tastes, I’m not a fan. It does brew into a very nice iced tea though.

I should preface this by saying that pineapple’s not among my favorite fruit flavors. The dry leaf of this tea smells strongly of coconut, but once brewed the coconut is mostly absent (from both the scent and the flavor) – it’s not totally gone, but it’s very, very faint, and the pineapple definitely dominates. Which is too bad, because I’m fonder of coconut than I am of pineapple.

I will say that the flavoring here isn’t terribly strong, and the oolong base comes through nicely. I like this one okay, and I can definitely see pineapple fans really loving it.

I got this in my New Year’s Happy bag. Which was a really awesome deal. Now I have to work my way through trying the different teas. So this one I am having after lunch since I was craving something sweet. So I was good and steeped this instead of having a cookie. Dry it smells like sweetened pineapple and coconut. Steeped it is delicious. Very buttery creamy flavor with just a hint of pineapple. I really like that you can taste the oolong more than the flavoring. Liking this one a lot. Yummy!

A delicious pairing of pineapple sweetness and the freshness of the oolong.

Steepster keeps eating my tasting note… not in a good way.

This one I ‘ll have to try again. I brewed 3 steeps to take to work with me (in separate thermoses) and for some reason was convinced that I was drinking mango oolong all day. Not even like Lupicia’s Ripe Mango oolong, but it tasted like the mango hichew candies. Yeah… I don’t know. I had more notes but I’m too tired to think of and retype them at the moment.

This tea is awesome. I love pineapple and coconut mixed together. The aroma when you open the bag is just heavenly. Pineapple tidbits waft to your nose accompanied with a gentle oolong. And the taste… yea. Perfect amount of pineapple and coconut so as not to over power the oolong. I’m loving the oolong base they used. Grassy with a vegetal hint.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

1 min, 15 sec 1 tsp
Inkling

Mmm, this sounds lovely! I do NOT need more tea, but I’m seriously considering a Lupicia order one day soon.

beelicious

Pineapple, coconut, oolong… this tea sounds amazing!!!

Since when do I wake up craving pineapple? Never, really.

Alas, today I did and this was so satisfying to drink. It’s a rather old pack of tea in my cupboard and the pineapple flavouring has since diminished a little since its opening.
But because the oolong base is pretty solid, and it’s very pineapple-y to begin with, it still made for a delicious cup. It also got rid of that strong buttery note that I wasn’t so fond of when I first tried this tea.

Reminds me of those sweet pineapple Chinese buns with the crusty sugar topping that you buy in Guangzhou for twenty-five cents. Ah, good times.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

Another one from my order!
So this one is not what I expected. I expected it to be more like Ripe Mango Oolong which is juicy, sweet, and perfume-y. But…This one is so different.
It smells strongly of Pineapple and butter.
It tastes strongly of butter and cream. Hints of floral and pineapple there too, but not too apparent, sadly.
I mean, it’s not horrible. And I’m like 98% sure that this one is totally gonna grow on me. But I’m not a huge fan of butter flavors in tea, and since I wasn’t expecting it, it kinda disappoints me. But It’s not horrible.
It’s a good tea. And I’m sure it’s gonna grow on me. Just wait…in a few weeks I will write another review saying, “THIS IS AMAZING. BEST PINEAPPLE TEA OF ALL TIMEEEE!!!”. Yeah..just you wait. :P

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Pineapple

Cameron B.

I wasn’t too impressed by this one. The flavor seemed too subtle after trying their Melon Oolong.

Ost

Yeah, it is very subtle. Not as good as I hoped, but not bad. I like the floral notes in Lupicia’s fruity teas. :P

i blame the coconut in this one. stacy’s version is better…fresher..more awesome.

don’t lol it’s super tasty with real pineapple chunks. i’m totally sad it’s going forever

OMGsrsly

I found this one too coconutty. Stacy’s is super good, and DavidsTea has one but the quality has changed quite a bit over the last year and I don’t like it as much any more. :/