Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Coconut, Floral, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical, Cream, Grass, Butter, Vegetal, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Luthien

• “I'm going through my teas trying to get rid of things I don't want anymore, so check the US swap thread! In a couple days I may make a box to sell again because I really need to clear stuff out of...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I was poking through my stash, opening tins to see how much was left of certain teas and sniffing them at the same time. There were a lot of delicious smelling teas in there, but for some reason...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1962 tasting notes
  • “I keep seeing this tea in the cupboard and thinking that I should have it again soon, and tonight I finally got around to it. This is one of my favourite teas and it's been too long since I last...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut together with a rich, buttery Oolong. Very nice indeed. The pineapple is sweet with a tart finish and tastes very authentic. The tartness lingers...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4405 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A delicious tea with a flavour easily compared to that of a famous Taiwanese desert. The intense sweetness of pineapple is fused with an Oolong base. Ideal at the end of a meal, or as an afternoon treat.

About Lupicia View company

i was a bit sceptical about this flavour at first. but its really really nice. Its got a nice fresh pineapple taste instead of a too sweet fake pineapple taste. its really good.

Another from my LA tea spree!

Love LOVE this! So good! Smells more of coconut when dry, but definitely tastes like pineapple when steeped! I had some hot, very mellow flavor, warm pineapple scent. Cold is fantastic! Light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweetness that you can drink it all day, like I have been. Makes my summer days happy, even when I was at work.

Does not do well with oversteeping (oops). But the following infusions (three so far) have been great.

Going through my teas from the New Years grab bag and this was one of them. I normally don’t like fruity teas but this one isn’t so bad. It’s not overwhelming but given my tastes, I’m not a fan. It does brew into a very nice iced tea though.

I should preface this by saying that pineapple’s not among my favorite fruit flavors. The dry leaf of this tea smells strongly of coconut, but once brewed the coconut is mostly absent (from both the scent and the flavor) – it’s not totally gone, but it’s very, very faint, and the pineapple definitely dominates. Which is too bad, because I’m fonder of coconut than I am of pineapple.

I will say that the flavoring here isn’t terribly strong, and the oolong base comes through nicely. I like this one okay, and I can definitely see pineapple fans really loving it.

I got this in my New Year’s Happy bag. Which was a really awesome deal. Now I have to work my way through trying the different teas. So this one I am having after lunch since I was craving something sweet. So I was good and steeped this instead of having a cookie. Dry it smells like sweetened pineapple and coconut. Steeped it is delicious. Very buttery creamy flavor with just a hint of pineapple. I really like that you can taste the oolong more than the flavoring. Liking this one a lot. Yummy!

A delicious pairing of pineapple sweetness and the freshness of the oolong.

Tried in the store because it smelled so good. The scent was sweet, and tropical. It smelled nicely the pineapple, with hints of coconut, and some floral from the oolong. There was a light and fruity flavour. I have liked their flavoured oolongs a lot, but it seems I always try them in the wrong season. This one would be better earlier in the year.

Flavors: Coconut, Floral, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical

Well, J is across the country, and I don’t return until mid-week, so I’m enjoying my Lupicia teas with his mom. We began with Melon Oolong and have now moved onto Pineapple.

The pineapple tastes just as it smells, well, slightly more subtle. There is a buttery hint that’s borderline butterscotch. Quite fascinating. The pineapple isn’t artificial at all, which is lovely.

It’s taken me quite some time to get over my first disastrous pineapple oolong experience, and I’m happy to say this one went over much better.

This tea is a lighter oolong that verges on green tea, but has a nice creamy flavor and pairs well with pineapple. I tried this iced as well and it was very refreshing.

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Pineapple

1943 tasting notes

Thanks to Dexter for the sample!

This was a hot cup (but I’ve since finished it off as a cold brew, note to be posted later tonight) and I thought it was pretty good. The oolong was really present and very green/floral but that worked well with the ripe, juicy taste of the pineapple. There was a distracting element that took me a while to place but I finally nailed it: butter.

Yup, that’s right. There was a very, very strong butter flavour (like the kind you put on your popcorn) that kept creeping up into my sips, and that detracted from the overall taste for me. While I enjoyed this, I have to say I do think I like Butiki’s Flowery Pineapple Oolong better; the pineapple is juicier and there’s no weird butter thing going on.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Floral, Pineapple, Vegetal

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

Cathy Zheng

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!