Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cream, Grass, Pineapple, Butter, Coconut, Floral, Vegetal, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Luthien

• “I'm going through my teas trying to get rid of things I don't want anymore, so check the US swap thread! In a couple days I may make a box to sell again because I really need to clear stuff out of...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “I was poking through my stash, opening tins to see how much was left of certain teas and sniffing them at the same time. There were a lot of delicious smelling teas in there, but for some reason...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1937 tasting notes
  • “I keep seeing this tea in the cupboard and thinking that I should have it again soon, and tonight I finally got around to it. This is one of my favourite teas and it's been too long since I last...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut together with a rich, buttery Oolong. Very nice indeed. The pineapple is sweet with a tart finish and tastes very authentic. The tartness lingers...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A delicious tea with a flavour easily compared to that of a famous Taiwanese desert. The intense sweetness of pineapple is fused with an Oolong base. Ideal at the end of a meal, or as an afternoon treat.

About Lupicia View company

i was a bit sceptical about this flavour at first. but its really really nice. Its got a nice fresh pineapple taste instead of a too sweet fake pineapple taste. its really good.

Another from my LA tea spree!

Love LOVE this! So good! Smells more of coconut when dry, but definitely tastes like pineapple when steeped! I had some hot, very mellow flavor, warm pineapple scent. Cold is fantastic! Light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweetness that you can drink it all day, like I have been. Makes my summer days happy, even when I was at work.

Does not do well with oversteeping (oops). But the following infusions (three so far) have been great.

Going through my teas from the New Years grab bag and this was one of them. I normally don’t like fruity teas but this one isn’t so bad. It’s not overwhelming but given my tastes, I’m not a fan. It does brew into a very nice iced tea though.

I should preface this by saying that pineapple’s not among my favorite fruit flavors. The dry leaf of this tea smells strongly of coconut, but once brewed the coconut is mostly absent (from both the scent and the flavor) – it’s not totally gone, but it’s very, very faint, and the pineapple definitely dominates. Which is too bad, because I’m fonder of coconut than I am of pineapple.

I will say that the flavoring here isn’t terribly strong, and the oolong base comes through nicely. I like this one okay, and I can definitely see pineapple fans really loving it.

I got this in my New Year’s Happy bag. Which was a really awesome deal. Now I have to work my way through trying the different teas. So this one I am having after lunch since I was craving something sweet. So I was good and steeped this instead of having a cookie. Dry it smells like sweetened pineapple and coconut. Steeped it is delicious. Very buttery creamy flavor with just a hint of pineapple. I really like that you can taste the oolong more than the flavoring. Liking this one a lot. Yummy!

A delicious pairing of pineapple sweetness and the freshness of the oolong.

This tea is a lighter oolong that verges on green tea, but has a nice creamy flavor and pairs well with pineapple. I tried this iced as well and it was very refreshing.

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Pineapple

Thanks to Dexter for the sample!

This was a hot cup (but I’ve since finished it off as a cold brew, note to be posted later tonight) and I thought it was pretty good. The oolong was really present and very green/floral but that worked well with the ripe, juicy taste of the pineapple. There was a distracting element that took me a while to place but I finally nailed it: butter.

Yup, that’s right. There was a very, very strong butter flavour (like the kind you put on your popcorn) that kept creeping up into my sips, and that detracted from the overall taste for me. While I enjoyed this, I have to say I do think I like Butiki’s Flowery Pineapple Oolong better; the pineapple is juicier and there’s no weird butter thing going on.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Floral, Pineapple, Vegetal

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

Cathy Zheng

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!

I think I went through the whole 50g bag without ever posting about it! Wow! This oolong was great! I picked it up when I was in Honolulu earlier in the month, and it really is delicious iced. All the flavors come through…pineapple, coconut, and a nice green oolong. I’m sad it’s gone, but truth be told, I like Lupicia’s melon oolong more. I only have a teaspoon left of the latter, so I’ll have to restock soon! I’m not sure if this one is available at the SF store, but I would gladly restock this one too. These two oolongs have essentially gotten me through a week and a half without being able to enjoy hot tea. Bye pineapple oolong! Until we meet again!

Very smooth and creamy cup…but I have to say that I’m getting very little pineapple. I get mostly floral oolong, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that…but I wish there was just a bit more pineapple and less floral. Adding a bit of raw cane sugar did make the mouthfeel a bit juicier though. I’m cold steeping the leaves for a second cup later, so we will see how that it. Will be interested to see how it compares to Butiki’s Flowery Pineapple Oolong.

All in all, it’s a good tea, but I need more pineapple. We’ll see how the cold brew holds up in that area. I will have no problem finishing the rest of this tea. Thanks so much for sending it Dexter!