Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Coconut, Creamy, Floral, Pineapple, Sweet, Vegetal, Fruity, Tropical, Cream, Grass, Butter, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Luthien

• “I'm going through my teas trying to get rid of things I don't want anymore, so check the US swap thread! In a couple days I may make a box to sell again because I really need to clear stuff out of...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1200 tasting notes
  • “I was poking through my stash, opening tins to see how much was left of certain teas and sniffing them at the same time. There were a lot of delicious smelling teas in there, but for some reason...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1994 tasting notes
  • “I keep seeing this tea in the cupboard and thinking that I should have it again soon, and tonight I finally got around to it. This is one of my favourite teas and it's been too long since I last...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut together with a rich, buttery Oolong. Very nice indeed. The pineapple is sweet with a tart finish and tastes very authentic. The tartness lingers...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4458 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A delicious tea with a flavour easily compared to that of a famous Taiwanese desert. The intense sweetness of pineapple is fused with an Oolong base. Ideal at the end of a meal, or as an afternoon treat.

About Lupicia View company

i was a bit sceptical about this flavour at first. but its really really nice. Its got a nice fresh pineapple taste instead of a too sweet fake pineapple taste. its really good.

Another from my LA tea spree!

Love LOVE this! So good! Smells more of coconut when dry, but definitely tastes like pineapple when steeped! I had some hot, very mellow flavor, warm pineapple scent. Cold is fantastic! Light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweetness that you can drink it all day, like I have been. Makes my summer days happy, even when I was at work.

Does not do well with oversteeping (oops). But the following infusions (three so far) have been great.

Going through my teas from the New Years grab bag and this was one of them. I normally don’t like fruity teas but this one isn’t so bad. It’s not overwhelming but given my tastes, I’m not a fan. It does brew into a very nice iced tea though.

I should preface this by saying that pineapple’s not among my favorite fruit flavors. The dry leaf of this tea smells strongly of coconut, but once brewed the coconut is mostly absent (from both the scent and the flavor) – it’s not totally gone, but it’s very, very faint, and the pineapple definitely dominates. Which is too bad, because I’m fonder of coconut than I am of pineapple.

I will say that the flavoring here isn’t terribly strong, and the oolong base comes through nicely. I like this one okay, and I can definitely see pineapple fans really loving it.

I got this in my New Year’s Happy bag. Which was a really awesome deal. Now I have to work my way through trying the different teas. So this one I am having after lunch since I was craving something sweet. So I was good and steeped this instead of having a cookie. Dry it smells like sweetened pineapple and coconut. Steeped it is delicious. Very buttery creamy flavor with just a hint of pineapple. I really like that you can taste the oolong more than the flavoring. Liking this one a lot. Yummy!

A delicious pairing of pineapple sweetness and the freshness of the oolong.

This is a sample from Cameron B! Thank you!

I had this as my afternoon tea today. Holy yum! This is was good. The flavor blended so well with the flavor of the tea. It really surprised me. Everything that I have had that has claimed pineapple, the pineapple has screamed “HEY ITS ME PINEAPPLE”. This was vegetal, sweet, coconut, with hints that made you realize you were drinking pineapple. The bad thing about drinking a lot of samples, it makes you want to buy EVERYTHING.

On a somewhat related note: Is it possible to still buy the Lupicia Honeydew Melon online?

Cameron B.

I want a tea that screams “HEY IT’S ME, PINEAPPLE!”

And they seem to be sold out of all of the San Francisco teas online again. :(

TeaTiff

Cameron B – I have had 2 other kinds. The one I can remember was from Butiki. Have you had this one?

Cameron B.

I haven’t had the one from Butiki, but that’s kind of a moot point now… I did try the Lupicia one, it didn’t have enough pineapple for me. I have a sample of the David’s Tea version, so we’ll see how that one is. :)

TeaTiff

Nice picture mudder! My husband just signed up a group for the one here.

Cameron B.

Hah, thanks! It was fun and I’m glad I did it, although I’m still super sore two days later… :P

Well since I loved the Melon Oolong so much, I had to try the pineapple version next. This sample came from boychik. Visually, the leaves are very similar. They’re tightly rolled into somewhat small pellets, and the other is a medium brownish green. Dry scent is… very light. It mostly smells like a milk oolong to me, sweet and creamy with the tiniest hint of pineapple. I used the same brewing parameters as I did for the melon version – 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

Brewed aroma is a bit stronger in the pineapple, but it’s still quite mild. I can still smell the sweet and creamy milk oolong-esque notes. Honestly, I’m somewhat disappointed by this tea after trying the Melon Oolong and having such high expectations. The pineapple flavor is too subtle, I feel it needs to be stronger and juicier. This mostly tastes like a mild sweet and creamy oolong with just a little bit of pineapple. Good, but nowhere near the melon version in flavor.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Floral, Pineapple, Sweet, Vegetal

boychik

Thats how i felt. Too mild. Even Davids version is much stronger. Oh well, we cant love all of them;)

I was just expecting more flavor after loving the Melon Oolong. :P

Tried in the store because it smelled so good. The scent was sweet, and tropical. It smelled nicely the pineapple, with hints of coconut, and some floral from the oolong. There was a light and fruity flavour. I have liked their flavoured oolongs a lot, but it seems I always try them in the wrong season. This one would be better earlier in the year.

Flavors: Coconut, Floral, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Tropical

Well, J is across the country, and I don’t return until mid-week, so I’m enjoying my Lupicia teas with his mom. We began with Melon Oolong and have now moved onto Pineapple.

The pineapple tastes just as it smells, well, slightly more subtle. There is a buttery hint that’s borderline butterscotch. Quite fascinating. The pineapple isn’t artificial at all, which is lovely.

It’s taken me quite some time to get over my first disastrous pineapple oolong experience, and I’m happy to say this one went over much better.