Pineapple Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Luthien

• “I'm going through my teas trying to get rid of things I don't want anymore, so check the US swap thread! In a couple days I may make a box to sell again because I really need to clear stuff out of...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I was poking through my stash, opening tins to see how much was left of certain teas and sniffing them at the same time. There were a lot of delicious smelling teas in there, but for some reason...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “I keep seeing this tea in the cupboard and thinking that I should have it again soon, and tonight I finally got around to it. This is one of my favourite teas and it's been too long since I last...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut together with a rich, buttery Oolong. Very nice indeed. The pineapple is sweet with a tart finish and tastes very authentic. The tartness lingers...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A delicious tea with a flavour easily compared to that of a famous Taiwanese desert. The intense sweetness of pineapple is fused with an Oolong base. Ideal at the end of a meal, or as an afternoon treat.

About Lupicia View company

i was a bit sceptical about this flavour at first. but its really really nice. Its got a nice fresh pineapple taste instead of a too sweet fake pineapple taste. its really good.

Another from my LA tea spree!

Love LOVE this! So good! Smells more of coconut when dry, but definitely tastes like pineapple when steeped! I had some hot, very mellow flavor, warm pineapple scent. Cold is fantastic! Light, refreshing, and just the right amount of sweetness that you can drink it all day, like I have been. Makes my summer days happy, even when I was at work.

Does not do well with oversteeping (oops). But the following infusions (three so far) have been great.

Going through my teas from the New Years grab bag and this was one of them. I normally don’t like fruity teas but this one isn’t so bad. It’s not overwhelming but given my tastes, I’m not a fan. It does brew into a very nice iced tea though.

I should preface this by saying that pineapple’s not among my favorite fruit flavors. The dry leaf of this tea smells strongly of coconut, but once brewed the coconut is mostly absent (from both the scent and the flavor) – it’s not totally gone, but it’s very, very faint, and the pineapple definitely dominates. Which is too bad, because I’m fonder of coconut than I am of pineapple.

I will say that the flavoring here isn’t terribly strong, and the oolong base comes through nicely. I like this one okay, and I can definitely see pineapple fans really loving it.

I got this in my New Year’s Happy bag. Which was a really awesome deal. Now I have to work my way through trying the different teas. So this one I am having after lunch since I was craving something sweet. So I was good and steeped this instead of having a cookie. Dry it smells like sweetened pineapple and coconut. Steeped it is delicious. Very buttery creamy flavor with just a hint of pineapple. I really like that you can taste the oolong more than the flavoring. Liking this one a lot. Yummy!

A delicious pairing of pineapple sweetness and the freshness of the oolong.

I made some hot and a cold brew of this tea. The hot was enjoyable but the cold was even better. Nicely balanced teas. This will be a great summer cold brew. I’ll be having a lot of this during the summer!

From Dinosara! Thank you for sharing!

Interestingly, although there are wee chunks of pineapple in this tea, it’s just coconut. It smells like coconut, it steeps like coconut, it tastes like coconut. But more of a fruity creamy coconut like you made a smoothie with coconut milk and frozen pineapple and some grass-fed-cow butter or something for an extra rich grassy-buttery taste. Which just seems weird, now that I re-read that.

So yes. The oolong is really buttery and green. The pineapple is a mere hint of fruitiness. It’s coconut, but not the amazing floral baked coconut that SOKO has, or even the less floral baked coconut of Zen Tea.

I like this one, but I wouldn’t get it as I have a favourite coconut oolong. As well, DavidsTea’s pineapple oolong is much more pineappley (and easier for me to get). So while this is a nice tea and I’d like to try other oolongs by Lupicia, this one won’t make it on my wishlist.

(2 steeps)

Another one from the Lucky Bag.

I went through this one pretty quickly! The curled-up little leaves smell delicious and tip so nicely into the steeper. The scent matches up with the promised ripe pineapple and coconut. My first instinct was to cold-brew this, but I believe I left it too long at 5 hours, as I found the underlying flavor of the oolong too floral and a bit bitter. Turns out I like this a lot better when it is steeped for a few minutes at about 160-170 and let cool to drinking temperature. The fruity pineapple really shines then and makes a delicious and sweet cup.

The absolutely delicious fruity smell is what prompted me to buy this tea. It really is authentic, just like a pina colada, not artificial-chemical-smelling at all. The rolled-up little balls of tea expand like crazy into long, wide, lush-looking leaves. The taste is typical oolong, surprisingly not very fruity – maybe it’s because I’m brewing it Western-style – but a nice cup nonetheless. Leaves are good for several steepings.