Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1848 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 484 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

Well, I am jumping on the Melon Oolong bandwagon. This is amazing! No oolong flavor at all, just nice refreshing melon. I think I prefer this melon flavor to Cantaloupe and Cream even. I would definitely keep this one stocked. Thank you Kat_Maria for the sample of this tea. It seems that everyone has been loving this tea lately so I am grateful to have gotten a taste of it.

ETA: I resteeped this and the oolong is coming out a bit more but the melon flavor is still delicious.

Courtney

Preference over Cantaloupe & Cream? I will be on the hunt now.

VariaTEA

It is different because this is straight melon as opposed to just creamy melon but I think I do prefer it.

keychange

This one is the best melon tea in the world. For sure.

Amariel

Oh nice!

So, I’m really happy Sil stole a bit of this before passing my half on because it’s good and she liked it, so that’s even better.

This tea is magic! Just pure liquid cool melon, with light (very very light) floral notes. I could see myself drinking TONS of this tea, except I won’t be able to because Lupicia doesn’t ship to Canada.

/sobs/

I was trying to think what I’d had recently that was comparable ,and I think it was Cool Cucumber from DAVIDsTEA, but this is just BETTER. I’m on my second steep now and I might cold-steep it a third time to see if I can get just a little more from those leaves….

Flavors: Melon

Haha you’re. Lucky I didn’t accidentally misplace this one….

TOTALLY LUCKY.
Please tell me we can arrange a shared order some time! :D

VariaTEA

Cavo, I will probably place an order by the summer and have it sent through my Dad. When I do, I will most likely be back in Toronto so it won’t be too hard to add some things for you :)

Cavocorax

Oooh, that’s great! Thanks!

VariaTEA

No problem. It won’t be for a little while though since I need to get my cupboard controlled. Do you think you can last? :P

I’ll be ordering from lupicia again….for as long as Sharon doesn’t mind being my tea mule lol

MissB

I’ll be at a Lupicia store in June, and can just buy whatever and ship it direct to you from the US if a teensy wait is okay.

Nous pouvons toujours attendres madam! Je crois que ca sera plus facile is mon ami l’emporterai ici….

Oh! Mai ca ce peut que je vous emprete d’acheter les thes qui son suelement Vendu dans le magasin! (iPad autocorrect is the worst for French typing lol)

keychange

My god this is one of the best teas ever. if I wasn’t going to Cali this summer, and if the wonderful ifjuly wasn’t sending me some to tide me over in the meantime, I’d crash this group order bigtime! LOL

Cavocorax

OMG. Everyone is all over this Lupicia thing. :O I’m amazed!
And I’m so not ready to order just yet (uhhh, cupboard is over 200… ) but once someone is ready in a few months I’d love to figure something out.

Also, thumbs up to me for deciphering Sil’s french. I’m so rusty but at least I can translate it even if I couldn’t write what she just said.

OMGsrsly

Can I chime in? YES LUPICIA. Chaud les marrons! is AMAZING. I’ve had it hot, cold, plain, with stuff, and have only one cup left. So good.

I have a feeling that if i can get through some of these small samples to that i don’t have AN ENTIRE BOX FULL OF THEM….outside of my cupboard, I’ll go through all the teas we recently purchased and then start planning another order. Though, that being said, that might not be until May since i’m pretty sure my april order will be damn fine tea..and way over my budget at that lol

Cavocorax

Wheee! So many future orders!!!

thanks a bunch to cavocorax who let me sneak a cup of this to drink. Sadly, i now want to steal the rest of the bag that she split with kitenna in our joint order. Seriously…i’m not an oolong fan but this is just a melon tea. delicious. and all gone. and now i’m sad.

If you read my reviews regularly you know I am an Oolong lover so I was very excited by this tea Anna generously sent me. However I like Melon very much so for sure Oolong and Melon should pair perfectly together.

It smells absolutely as it tastes : very strong on the melon aroma, and even very candy-ish.

The green Oolong is really much subtle, the honoured guest in this blend is the melon.
The main point for me is the kind of behaviour of this guest : he talks loud , makes lot of noise and takes finally too much place, almost all the place leaving the poor Oolong hiden under the table whereas he’s already dancing on it…
I am wondering if the flavouring is a natural one, I tend to think it may have some artificial Melon notes.

Anyway, this is a juicy, sweet and pleasant blend and would probably make a very nice iced tea as well. Just wondering if, for an iced tea party the melon would directly dive in the swimming pool while the Oolong would try to find out his sunglasses…I have another sample so to be continued…

Thanks so much Anna for sharing

Flavors: Melon

__Morgana__

LOL. I’m picturing a loud-talking, dancing melon. :-)

Ysaurella

with a jacket ;)

Thanks, Anna, for starting this craze. Thanks also, ifjuly, for supplying me with more. And thanks, nay lynn, for shipping me even moooore!

if you can’t tell, I love this tea.

This time i had it with a bit of sugar and no milk. It was still heavily melon flavoured, although I have to say i think I prefer it with just the slightest dash of milk. There’s something a bit…earthy? lingering in the back-sip and I find a touch of cream smoothes that right out. That being said, I feel as though this will be a tea I drink all summer. I’ve only ever had two melon flavoured teas, but so far this is the most flavourful.

More.

scandalized.

Baby, I always bring it.

I’m under your spell.

Anna

Oh, we both know you just want my ripe, juicy melons.

And that’s okay with me.

i want your melons..

__Morgana__

Me too. How many does she have?

Amariel

Oooooh, I want Anna’s melons. :P

keychange

Anna’s melons are all mine. They’re so full and ripe.