Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Honeydew, Melon, Cantaloupe, Fruity, Sweet, Butter, Floral, Vegetal, Mint, Smooth, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

I said to myself, “Andrew, you shall not open this until your other oolongs are completely drank.”
Well… I don’t listen to order given from myself to myself very well it seems.
I ended up brewing a small amount of this into a cup because the oolong looks beautiful so I thought that it would open up nicely. The initial smell is somewhat nasty… but I got over that when I brewed it. The taste is nice, somewhat mellow but I’d rather have a mellow melon taste than an overwhelming one. Overall this is a decent tea but drinking it did not move me to order any more. It’s a beautiful tea and I believe it’ll mix well with floral oolongs as well since it has a nice taste but isn’t over powering. I look forward to mixing this and cold brewing it with some blueberry rooibos this summer :)

Nichole

Love this one!

Quality green oolong paired with the sweet, juicy flavor of melon. Some sips it’s creamy cantaloupe, some sips it’s crisp honeydew. It’s excellent. I’ve yet to meet a Lupicia tea that I don’t like.

This is one of those teas that tastes better once it’s cooled a little. I imagine this would be delightful as an iced tea in summer because it is very refreshing. It’s not sweet like I imagined it would be with those little blue/green candy dealies in it. There is just enough of the oolong base flavor to keep it from tasting too much like those honeydew candies you can get in Asian markets. I’m glad I picked this up, but I’m not sure this is one I will drink super often (at least not til the weather gets hotter).

Flavors: Honeydew

Cooking TTB backlog

Took my first sip of this beauty and said Holy Amaze-Melon-Balls! I forgot how much I loved this tea. The dry leaves smell fantastic and has that garden smell to it that reminds you of summer. Once steeped . . Oh my! It’s rich, sweet, melon-ee, with just a slight hint of floral and has that fresh taste to it that you crave from a Melon tea. Fantastic!

Flavors: Melon

Ost sent this to me in her Xmas card. This girl! She knows my heart! Incidentally I had just got this in the Cyber Monday sale. But I’m drinking her sample first! (Can’t you tell how behind I am?)

I really like this one. It’s a quite compact dry oolong with dry little sugar bits in it, which are green. But the melon this tastes like is cantaloupe! With the green crystals I was expecting honeydew, but nope, those crystals should be pink, or orange.

Even with the sugar crystals this tea isn’t as sweet as their Golden Honeydew, which was super sweet, too sweet for my liking. I think that the little sugar crystals didn’t add much in the way of flavor though, because the 2nd steep were as lovely as the first. I just added anther 30 seconds or so to each steep. The 3rd and 4th steep was more oolong, but still very lovely. I iced the 5th steep. Can’t you tell that this tea just keeps going on forever?