Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Melon, Cantaloupe, Fruity, Sweet, Butter, Floral, Honeydew, Vegetal, Mint, Smooth, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 302 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2042 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

Cooking TTB backlog

Took my first sip of this beauty and said Holy Amaze-Melon-Balls! I forgot how much I loved this tea. The dry leaves smell fantastic and has that garden smell to it that reminds you of summer. Once steeped . . Oh my! It’s rich, sweet, melon-ee, with just a slight hint of floral and has that fresh taste to it that you crave from a Melon tea. Fantastic!

Flavors: Melon

Ost sent this to me in her Xmas card. This girl! She knows my heart! Incidentally I had just got this in the Cyber Monday sale. But I’m drinking her sample first! (Can’t you tell how behind I am?)

I really like this one. It’s a quite compact dry oolong with dry little sugar bits in it, which are green. But the melon this tastes like is cantaloupe! With the green crystals I was expecting honeydew, but nope, those crystals should be pink, or orange.

Even with the sugar crystals this tea isn’t as sweet as their Golden Honeydew, which was super sweet, too sweet for my liking. I think that the little sugar crystals didn’t add much in the way of flavor though, because the 2nd steep were as lovely as the first. I just added anther 30 seconds or so to each steep. The 3rd and 4th steep was more oolong, but still very lovely. I iced the 5th steep. Can’t you tell that this tea just keeps going on forever?

OMGsrsly’s Melon Oolong broke my tea hiatus, if not completely removing my tea blahs. It was a good effort though; Melona bars are one of the many ways to my heart. Now that I’m back in an environment where the water doesn’t always taste of metallic algae I can work through OMGsrsly’s gift bag and remove that apathy for good.. hopefully!

I’d contemplate picking this up again as a spring flavour and for the novelty of steeping an oolong at boiling temperature.. a good flavoured oolong to have when the temp. variant kettle runs off on vacation!

Flavors: Melon

Boiling
Fjellrev

Nice to see you post! Does this mean you’re back home now? I’ve yet to try Melona bars. Now that you’ve given them a thumbs up I shall buy some.

CrowKettle

Yes! Just got back home and will be off to school for my last semester in a couple weeks. I’ve a lot of tea to catch up on before that. Melona bars were a favourite a few years back- they’re why I instantly loved Cantaloupe & Cream.

Fjellrev

If they taste anything like Cantaloupe & Cream, then I’m game. We should go for tea sometime once you come back!

CrowKettle

Definitely! I’ll get in touch about that after my schedule is formalized.

I’m not usually a big fruit flavored tea fan. They usually taste too artificial to me. This one howeverer, is an exception. It tastes like a ripe juicy cantaloupe! The scent of the dry leaves is wonderful. Really enjoying this one.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Fruity, Melon, Sweet

Marco Polo Traveling Tea Box – Tea #2

Very green and very melon. Wow. It tastes like fresh honeydew! Not artificial in the slightest. It’s juicy and lush, with undercurrents that are floral and buttery. (From the oolong base.) I added a fair amount of sugar to make the juiciness of the melon pop. Otherwise, it tasted very green, like it was “underripe”…or like the melon flesh that’s closest to the rind. I bet it would be spectacular as an iced tea.

Method: