Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cantaloupe, Green, Honeydew, Melon, Green Melons, Floral, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1957 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 515 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

I’ve been drooling over tasting notes of this tea for months now. Thank you Tealizzy for sending me a sample! :D

The oolong itself is your typical tightly rolled green oolong, but there was also this crazy neon green spiky piece of sugar candy in with the leaf! Looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Kompeito_konpeito.JPG

The flavor is strikingly similar to these little individually wrapped muskmelon candies the local Vietnamese restaurant gives out at the end of the meal in lieu of a mint. I really like those candies and the flavor pairs very well with green oolong. Also this is fantastic iced! I drank it kind of fast because I just came in from hours of yard work. I finally planted my fall crop of lettuce, beets, green onion and fancy radishes :)

I enjoyed every sip! Would consider ordering this some day, especially for iced tea. Thanks again Tealizzy!

Tealizzy

I knew you’d like it. It really is a winner!! :)

Lariel of Lórien

It’s fantastic. I tried to promote it at the store.

Tasting note number 350. Exciting, isn’t it? The nice people at Lupicia brewed me a sample after I told them it was so recommended to me.

The dry leaves smelled so good. Very fresh and like I was going to pick out melons in the farmers market. I got slightly more honey dew. When brewed the green oolong came out more. It went well with the melon flavour. Different, but I’ll likely get this if I ever go a Lupicia store again, or maybe order online next summer.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Green, Honeydew, Melon

The last day of August. Unbelievable.
Well, I’m ready for September. Tights and sweaters and the proper tea drinking temps! I am ready. I’ve been dreaming about squash.
However, I will savor the summer teas in my cupboard, and so, for that, I’m drinking this lovely cup of melon goodness.
How come melon candy is not a thing in the U.S.? I would think it would be a natural combination.

TeaBrat

Well, I’ve seen watermelon candy but yeah that’s different… :)

Stephanie

I get some candies at my local asian grocery store that taste EXACTLY like this. PS- YES BRING ON THE WINTER SQUASH! :)

Yesterday before dropping my friend off at the airport I went to Lupicia. The first legit tea store I’ve been to other than Teavana! I was so ridiculously excited! For some reason I thought it was going to be a lot bigger, and have nicer workers, but it was pretty small and the girl working there wasn’t friendly at all. Not very helpful either when I asked her about some teas. xD But that’s okay, I still enjoyed being there. I like that you don’t have to ask to smell certain teas. It’s nice to just do it yourself. Though people say they don’t have all the teas out to smell. But that’s okay, they definitely had a lot.
Wow, I’m rambling….sorry about that. I’m just excited. But one more thing-this Lupicia is one exit away from my dr so that means I can go after/before dr appointments in the future! Woo! I’m so excited! Now I will have something to make up for all my horrible appointments! :O
Anyway, onto the tea. I have always liked melon flavored things. Can’t remember if I’ve had much of an actual melon, but I have always liked it in other things. This tea smelled so fresh and juicy. I couldn’t resist buying it at the store.
While it steeped I could pick out the oolong base. It’s not a roasty oolong, but more floral. An excellent combo with the melon.
As for flavor I could taste a perfect combo of the floral oolong base, the juicy melon, and delicious cantaloup.
Which is a bit odd since I have never really liked eating cantaloups. But I suppose that the melon and oolong are enough to outweigh the cantaloup.
This has definitely made it’s mark in being one of the best fruity teas I’ve ever tried!
Love it! If you ever get something from Lupicia definitely get this one!

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Floral, Melon, Sweet

boychik

It’s more honey dew to me. I love honey dews. You are so lucky living close to Lupicia!

Ost

I’m not sure I could pick out the difference between melon and honey dew. I’ve not had much of those two flavors. xD But I’d love to try their Golden Honeydew tea. Wish they had it in LA! And yeah, glad it’s somewhat close. Like 50 minutes away but hey! Better than only Teavana!

whatshesaid

So lucky!!

Cameron B.

Yum, what else did you get? :D

Ost

Got a few bags of Cookie (which it totally amazing), Melon Oolong, Momo Oolong Super Grade, and Nilgiri Bop because it was 50% off and why not xD
They threw in two samples, but I would have to go digging for them. I think there was a jasmine and another type of Green Tea, but not totally sure.

Absolutely perfect for times when you want something flavored and sweet but not artificial. It just tastes like sweet honeydew and a nice green oolong perfectly balanced. I love that you can taste the tea base, and that both flavors complement one another so well. I usually let it cool a little before drinking it, as I find that the melon flavor stands out more once it’s cooled down.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon