Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cantaloupe, Earth, Melon, Sweet, Vegetal, Fruity, Honeydew, Smooth, Butter, Floral, Mint, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

Oh hello there, delicious oolong. This is essentially Golden Honeydew but with a green oolong base. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I’m detecting a hint of butteriness from the base, together with a light floral note. This pairs beautifully with the delicious Melona bar-like flavour of the melon flavouring. If I were to choose between the two, however, I’d still go for the Golden Honeydew just because I swear that one has a more intense melon flavour and the base doesn’t detract from that melony excellence either.

Next up will be a cold brew, which I’m sure will be just as good as it is hot, if not better.

Holidays TTB

Getting to the end of the teas I wanted to try from this box – I picked this one out because it was intriguing to me. Normally I’m all for “strange teas” and teas that taste like other things but this one tastes and smells like straight up cantaloupe and honeydew and it makes me uncomfortable :P

My first whiff of the tea, I couldn’t smell anything but cantaloupe and honeydew but the tea itself does have a bit of a vegetal flavor to it. I’m not as familiar with oolongs but this does have a more earthy flavor to it beneath the initial melon flavor. It was definitely interesting to try!

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Earth, Melon, Sweet, Vegetal

Holiday TTB

Lupicia is so good at these fruit-flavored teas and they really nailed it with this blend! The scent and flavor are dead-on sweet, ripe honeydew melon with nothing cloying or artificial about it. The silky-smooth oolong makes a perfect base. This was a refreshing taste of summer on this snowy winter day and I’m willing to bet it would brew up a to-die-for iced tea as well!

Flavors: Fruity, Honeydew, Melon, Smooth, Sweet

After trying Golden Honey Dew I had high no expectations for this one. It’s good but not quite as good as I was hoping. Also seems to be better cold. There are definitely melon flavors; honey dew, cantaloupe, …. ok I’m sorry. I know I spelled that wrong but it just corrected itself. That is amazing. Anyway…. The first steep was pretty bad. But also kinda hot. I don’t tend to like teas hot anyway so maybe it just really didn’t appeal to me because of that? The colder it is the better it seems to be. Maybe I should freeze it? Just kidding.

As far as oolong goes I can’t taste much over the melon flavor.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

I said to myself, “Andrew, you shall not open this until your other oolongs are completely drank.”
Well… I don’t listen to order given from myself to myself very well it seems.
I ended up brewing a small amount of this into a cup because the oolong looks beautiful so I thought that it would open up nicely. The initial smell is somewhat nasty… but I got over that when I brewed it. The taste is nice, somewhat mellow but I’d rather have a mellow melon taste than an overwhelming one. Overall this is a decent tea but drinking it did not move me to order any more. It’s a beautiful tea and I believe it’ll mix well with floral oolongs as well since it has a nice taste but isn’t over powering. I look forward to mixing this and cold brewing it with some blueberry rooibos this summer :)

Nichole