Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cantaloupe, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Butter, Floral, Honeydew, Vegetal, Mint, Smooth, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2029 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Great tea. Mellow but tastes strongly of melon. It is really really weird. I’d buy it though, I like weird teas.

Cofftea

I LOVE WEIRD TEAS! flavored oolongs are so taboo.

mmm… taste like watermelon hard candy. delicious.

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Lupicia has a lot of flavored oolongs, and they’re a really mixed bag. The super-sweet, almost cloying melon did not match well with the oolong, in my opinion. Rather than getting a unified blend I could smell a melon scent and taste the oolong tea, but I couldn’t really taste the melon flavor. Rather disappointed, but I did use one of Lupicia’s teabags – next time I’ll try to loose tea and see if it’s any better.

Smells very juicy – like a super-ripe cantaloupe, or maybe a honeydew, dipped in oolong. And it tastes just like it smells – like cantaloupe coated in an oolong jelly (if such a thing existed). Pleasantly weird. And very summery.

I’m not usually a big fruit flavored tea fan. They usually taste too artificial to me. This one howeverer, is an exception. It tastes like a ripe juicy cantaloupe! The scent of the dry leaves is wonderful. Really enjoying this one.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Fruity, Melon, Sweet

Marco Polo Traveling Tea Box – Tea #2

Very green and very melon. Wow. It tastes like fresh honeydew! Not artificial in the slightest. It’s juicy and lush, with undercurrents that are floral and buttery. (From the oolong base.) I added a fair amount of sugar to make the juiciness of the melon pop. Otherwise, it tasted very green, like it was “underripe”…or like the melon flesh that’s closest to the rind. I bet it would be spectacular as an iced tea.

Method:
Pre-boil
1.5tsp/10oz
2min 15sec

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Honeydew, Melon, Vegetal

Finally getting to taste this tea thanks to a Lupicia order placed back in February that I finally picked up my teas from :D It was worth the wait. There’s that perfect melon flavour (honeydew, IMO) which is familiar to me from various Japanese sweets, blended masterfully into a lovely, buttery oolong base. It’s perfect. I will admit that it’s SO perfect that I probably wouldn’t want this tea overly often (so my shared packet will be ample for a while). Super want to make another Lupicia order now, for Ripe Mango Oolong and others…

ETA: What I find particularly interesting about this tea is the longevity of the melon flavour. I was under the impression that the little balls of whatever in this tea were the flavouring, therefore I wasn’t expecting the flavour to last beyond the first, maybe second infusion. But I’m drinking the third right now, and it most definitely still tastes and smells like melon. A bit muted, of course, but quite apparent.

KatBender

This sounds delicious! I definitely recommend their Ripe Mango Oolong. It’s my sister’s favorite thing in my whole cupboard. :D

Kittenna

Yum. I don’t think I’ve ever had a great mango tea, so I’m pretty excited. Someday…

Ost

Well, you know…they might still have the free shipping offer on ;)

This is a sample from NayLynn. Thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed this tea as my afternoon cup. This has a very distinct melon taste. How do they do that? The honey dew rooibos and now this? Crazy! For me though, the strong melon flavor was nice but did not blend well with the base tea. It was like I was drinking cool aid mixed with tea. I would take a sip, get the sweet melon flavor and then a oolong flavor. When I drink flavored oolongs I really want the flavor to accents the tea I will have no problems finishing off this sample, but I do not think this is one I need to purchase in the free shipping sale.

This is another I didn’t review the first time I drank it, and now it’s a very sad sipdown. I’ll probably attempt to get a few more steeps out of it, because it’s simply amazing. Once it’s brewed up it smells like a ripe melon, but even better it tastes like a ripe melon. I’m drinking honeydew—which is, of course, my favorite melon, but only when it’s ripe. Mm! The base is light and slightly sweet on its own and is just delicious with the melon flavor. I will have to get some, probably after I use up Golden Moon’s melon tea (or maybe I should keep them both around at once)!