Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cantaloupe, Earth, Melon, Sweet, Vegetal, Fruity, Honeydew, Smooth, Butter, Floral, Mint, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

Quality green oolong paired with the sweet, juicy flavor of melon. Some sips it’s creamy cantaloupe, some sips it’s crisp honeydew. It’s excellent. I’ve yet to meet a Lupicia tea that I don’t like.

This is one of those teas that tastes better once it’s cooled a little. I imagine this would be delightful as an iced tea in summer because it is very refreshing. It’s not sweet like I imagined it would be with those little blue/green candy dealies in it. There is just enough of the oolong base flavor to keep it from tasting too much like those honeydew candies you can get in Asian markets. I’m glad I picked this up, but I’m not sure this is one I will drink super often (at least not til the weather gets hotter).

Flavors: Honeydew

Cooking TTB backlog

Took my first sip of this beauty and said Holy Amaze-Melon-Balls! I forgot how much I loved this tea. The dry leaves smell fantastic and has that garden smell to it that reminds you of summer. Once steeped . . Oh my! It’s rich, sweet, melon-ee, with just a slight hint of floral and has that fresh taste to it that you crave from a Melon tea. Fantastic!

Flavors: Melon

Ost sent this to me in her Xmas card. This girl! She knows my heart! Incidentally I had just got this in the Cyber Monday sale. But I’m drinking her sample first! (Can’t you tell how behind I am?)

I really like this one. It’s a quite compact dry oolong with dry little sugar bits in it, which are green. But the melon this tastes like is cantaloupe! With the green crystals I was expecting honeydew, but nope, those crystals should be pink, or orange.

Even with the sugar crystals this tea isn’t as sweet as their Golden Honeydew, which was super sweet, too sweet for my liking. I think that the little sugar crystals didn’t add much in the way of flavor though, because the 2nd steep were as lovely as the first. I just added anther 30 seconds or so to each steep. The 3rd and 4th steep was more oolong, but still very lovely. I iced the 5th steep. Can’t you tell that this tea just keeps going on forever?

OMGsrsly’s Melon Oolong broke my tea hiatus, if not completely removing my tea blahs. It was a good effort though; Melona bars are one of the many ways to my heart. Now that I’m back in an environment where the water doesn’t always taste of metallic algae I can work through OMGsrsly’s gift bag and remove that apathy for good.. hopefully!

I’d contemplate picking this up again as a spring flavour and for the novelty of steeping an oolong at boiling temperature.. a good flavoured oolong to have when the temp. variant kettle runs off on vacation!

Flavors: Melon

Boiling
Fjellrev

Nice to see you post! Does this mean you’re back home now? I’ve yet to try Melona bars. Now that you’ve given them a thumbs up I shall buy some.

CrowKettle

Yes! Just got back home and will be off to school for my last semester in a couple weeks. I’ve a lot of tea to catch up on before that. Melona bars were a favourite a few years back- they’re why I instantly loved Cantaloupe & Cream.

Fjellrev

If they taste anything like Cantaloupe & Cream, then I’m game. We should go for tea sometime once you come back!

CrowKettle

Definitely! I’ll get in touch about that after my schedule is formalized.

I’m not usually a big fruit flavored tea fan. They usually taste too artificial to me. This one howeverer, is an exception. It tastes like a ripe juicy cantaloupe! The scent of the dry leaves is wonderful. Really enjoying this one.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Fruity, Melon, Sweet

Marco Polo Traveling Tea Box – Tea #2

Very green and very melon. Wow. It tastes like fresh honeydew! Not artificial in the slightest. It’s juicy and lush, with undercurrents that are floral and buttery. (From the oolong base.) I added a fair amount of sugar to make the juiciness of the melon pop. Otherwise, it tasted very green, like it was “underripe”…or like the melon flesh that’s closest to the rind. I bet it would be spectacular as an iced tea.

Method:
Pre-boil
1.5tsp/10oz
2min 15sec

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Honeydew, Melon, Vegetal

Finally getting to taste this tea thanks to a Lupicia order placed back in February that I finally picked up my teas from :D It was worth the wait. There’s that perfect melon flavour (honeydew, IMO) which is familiar to me from various Japanese sweets, blended masterfully into a lovely, buttery oolong base. It’s perfect. I will admit that it’s SO perfect that I probably wouldn’t want this tea overly often (so my shared packet will be ample for a while). Super want to make another Lupicia order now, for Ripe Mango Oolong and others…

ETA: What I find particularly interesting about this tea is the longevity of the melon flavour. I was under the impression that the little balls of whatever in this tea were the flavouring, therefore I wasn’t expecting the flavour to last beyond the first, maybe second infusion. But I’m drinking the third right now, and it most definitely still tastes and smells like melon. A bit muted, of course, but quite apparent.

KatBender

This sounds delicious! I definitely recommend their Ripe Mango Oolong. It’s my sister’s favorite thing in my whole cupboard. :D

Kittenna

Yum. I don’t think I’ve ever had a great mango tea, so I’m pretty excited. Someday…

Ost

Well, you know…they might still have the free shipping offer on ;)

This is a sample from NayLynn. Thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed this tea as my afternoon cup. This has a very distinct melon taste. How do they do that? The honey dew rooibos and now this? Crazy! For me though, the strong melon flavor was nice but did not blend well with the base tea. It was like I was drinking cool aid mixed with tea. I would take a sip, get the sweet melon flavor and then a oolong flavor. When I drink flavored oolongs I really want the flavor to accents the tea I will have no problems finishing off this sample, but I do not think this is one I need to purchase in the free shipping sale.

This is another I didn’t review the first time I drank it, and now it’s a very sad sipdown. I’ll probably attempt to get a few more steeps out of it, because it’s simply amazing. Once it’s brewed up it smells like a ripe melon, but even better it tastes like a ripe melon. I’m drinking honeydew—which is, of course, my favorite melon, but only when it’s ripe. Mm! The base is light and slightly sweet on its own and is just delicious with the melon flavor. I will have to get some, probably after I use up Golden Moon’s melon tea (or maybe I should keep them both around at once)!