Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Cantaloupe, Green, Honeydew, Melon, Green Melons, Floral, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1941 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 512 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

3G 5 oz 190F 2 min
It’s delicious . Smells like cantaloupe / honeydew. True taste. Very nice on a hot day . Resteep was very good as well. No sugar for me but I think it would make it even more delicious. I think I’m going to enjoy it this summer;)

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew

Stephanie

Sounds summery!

First tea of the day. So amazing. I really need to get some more. (1 tsp in 12 oz, over ice to make 1 L. Steeped twice. So delish.)

So yeah. Today was interesting. Slept 4 hours last night because I was warm and uncomfortable. Went to work. None of my stuff came in because Friday was a US holiday, so you can imagine how much actual work got done. I tried. I organized and prepped and etc. But there’s nothing to report.

And then a friend called and asked if I would mind fostering some toads. Yeah. So after a huge mess of tanks breaking and having to go buy crickets (because I cannot with the meal worms UGH) and dropping all the rocks and everything… I am now the proud foster parent of 4 fire-bellied toads. Yep.

That took forever. But now I’m home, sipping on this iced, thinking of a shower before bed, just to cool down and get comfy.

Bonus is my cat really likes Toad TV.

Flavors: Floral, Green, Melon

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
OMGsrsly

Thank you for sharing it, Sil! I’m converted. I will not doubt the melon teas any longer.

haha yay! I’m glad you enjoyed it :)

That’s crazy! TOADS!

TOOOOAAADS!

Dinosara

Woohoo, toads! Those guys are cute. But, I have a large number of reptile and amphibian pets. :D

OMGsrsly

My friend has loads of snakes, and didn’t want to have to deal with the toads too. So I have them. :)

This is again from TheTeaFairy who generously shared this with me from her first Lupicia order. I put it off until I was in the right mood for it. Had it first last week but forgot to write.

It is very flavourful. Tastes like cantaloupe to me but you also get the oolong base, it is not covered up. I used a pinch of sugar to bring out the melon a bit more. The color is pale yellow and clear. It is indeed tasty, I can see why it is so popular. It’s almost like candy. BUT you have to like green oolong because you can taste it quite a bit. Reminds me of the banana oolong from DAVIDs in that there is oolong alongside the fruit and sometimes you have just a bit too much oolong.

If this was anything other than melon I might not like it but the flavour here works for me. Had it cold both times to finish off the sample. Thank you, TheTeaFairy !

I love this one!

This is yet another Lupicia tea that TheTeaFairy so generously shared with me. I know this is a fan favorite, and I like this, but I don’t love it. There are other blends I like a lot better.
This is really good HOT, but once it starts to cool the floral notes in the oolong take over and mask the melon flavor. Just when I thought I was starting to become friends with green oolong, something like this happens. Bad green oolong!!! Love the melon, don’t like the base (I have melon white, will have to try that one soon…)

TheTeaFairy

Ah! The Dexter I know is back, lol! The greener oolong base is one of the reason I liked it so much, but I do prefer the white, and there’s no fuzzy green melon gummies in the white blend.

Dexter

lol “fuzzy green melon gummies” – not sure I noticed that, was too distracted by the oolong. Will try the white soon and see how I do with that one….

i don’t have trouble with this one…and i do like the melon white as well! they’re very similar in flavouring (obv)..i just like the oolongy green + flavour a little better…but here’s hoping the white one is great for you!

It’s sunny and very spring like outside, so a fruity, lighter tea seemed perfect… and OH, it was!
The leaf smells of melon candy; so sweet and knock your socks off melon.
I’m used to teas really grabbing you with their leaf, but once that hot water hits them, all that crazy scent gets thrown back behind the tea base…
Not the case here.
Once brewed, the fragrance is still just as strong as the leaf….oh, sweet melon goodness! More cantaloupe than honeydew, in my opinion.

Tasting, it’s absolutely gorgeous. Full on melon with such a complimentary base…. Lupicia, you are insane!
I don’t add sugar to my tea, but I’m almost tempted with this, thinking it would be insanely good…but, it’s so tasty right now, I don’t want to mess with it. :)
I’ve steeped 3 times, and it’s still just as delicious as the first cup.

This was in my box from ifjuly, another tea from her that I feel incredibly lucky to get to try! She spoiled me rotten with this box, I tell you! :)

I bought this yesterday after being swayed by a steepster review. I love oolong, and I know Lupicia is pretty good with flavoring, so I had to try it. This tea smells just like honeydew when it’s steeped up. Mmmmmmmm!!! The taste is somewhere between honeydew and cantaloupe. The oolong itself is like one of those really light, floral green oolongs, which to tell you the truth gets a little overpowered by the melon flavor. I think I would have preferred an oolong that had a bit of an earthier, more grounded note to even this tea out, but I still enjoyed it. I think this will be awesome iced. I’m definitely going to give that a shot! :)

Courtney

Yum! The reviews are really swaying me too, but I was put off slightly by the fact it was an oolong. I enjoy oolongs, but not really enough to go out of my way to get them.

courtney….i like this one. a bunch. if that helps lol

whatshesaid

It helps me, I was debating adding it to the Lupicia order that I’m going to make my American relatives smuggle across the border for me

(Not really smuggle, since it’s legal and all)

if you hate it..i will take it bwahahaha

Courtney

Sil oolongs aren’t generally your thing, right? I’m even more intrigued.

Haha whatshesaid, smuggle. When are your relatives visiting?

whatshesaid

In July :)

Not sure exactly when, but I’ve already put a Harney order in to get sent to them, trying to space it out a bit vs paying all at once. Next is American Tea Room, SteapShoppe and the big Lupicia order! Debating on Adagio for Tardis and a Sherlock tea, but not sure it’s worth such a large quantity in case I’m not a fan

Tealizzy

Courtney- I think you’d like his one, since there is very little oolong flavor…it’s very much a straight up melon tea.

whatshesaid – that sounds like an awesome amount of tea to look forward to. Nice that your relatives don’t mind receiving and bringing it all to you, but I suppose that’s what family is for, right? Haha!

Courtney….I don’t really like green oolongs, roasty ones are better unless they have that one particular taste I don’t care for.

I had this last night, after I returned from work, and I am happy to announce that I like it better than Ripe Mango Oolong.

I still didn’t like it as much as I thought I would, but I really have to quit expecting and take all these teas as they are. I am not going to like all Lupicia teas after all. It would ruin me, anyway!

However, this was a very pleasant and surprisingly heavily flavored oolong that tastes just as a ripe cantaloupe would. There is not much complexity to it, and the base oolong is practically smothered by the flavoring and the melon scent, but that didn’t really bother me. It delivered what it promised, was very refreshing and comforting. I can see myself reaching for it in the evening often.

Anna

Also iced!

Kat_Maria

Right now I am actually cold-brewing the Ripe Mango one. Really curious how it’s going to turn out.

mmmmmmmm

Anna

Interesting! I look forward to reading your review.

Oh, and I have that Marco Polo to send to you – I didn’t forget, I’m just a little overwhelmed with work until I leave Rome – let me know if you have a Marco Polo crisis. =)

Kat_Maria

Sil, I know you love this one! :D

Anna, thank you for remembering about me :) Don’t worry about sending it just yet, especially if you are busy. Also, let me know if you’d like anything I have. Since our last swap I have acquired some new Lupicia teas, among others :D

Try to say melon-oolong more than once. Melong-noolon, menon-oonong, nelon-moonong …hope you can do better than this. But really, how many times can you get it right???

Despite the fact that this tea makes me sound like I’m speech impaired, I have nothing but love for it.

Think about that smell when you cut through a ripe juicy cantaloup or honeydew melon. The smell is so sweet and sunny.

I always say melon is a summer trap, and cutting it open is like setting summer free.

The nice creamy slightly floral oolong base is the perfect companion to this “hard to get right” flavour. Cucumber notes cut through the sweetness of this tea. If you are not a fan of melon things, stay away. If like me, you think things are never “melony” enough, than indulge in this juicy marvel of a tea.

Can’t wait to try it cold brewed!

This is part on my first Lupicia order, and so far, I am impressed. And believe me, it takes a lot to impress me with flavoured teas.

(Too bad shipping to Canada is so expensive!!!)

Dexter

Yay – you did pretty good with liking the flavored ones you chose. According to Canada Post my order is in customs. According USPS it hasn’t shipped yet – go figure….

TheTeaFairy

Yes, I’m a happy camper so far:-)
That’s one confused tracking you have there, lol. Really wonder why it’s taking so long for you to get your order…

Marzipan

Sounds lovely!

Dexter

They don’t love me as much as you…. :))

TheTeaFairy

Marzipan, I highly recommend :-)

Haha! Dexter, it must be that darn email…

Ysaurella

you should tell me how it is cold ! I had too much melon and not enough Oolong for me in the hot beverage and wonder how it could be cold.

Rosehips

This sounds spectacular. I’ll have to check it out.

Well, I am jumping on the Melon Oolong bandwagon. This is amazing! No oolong flavor at all, just nice refreshing melon. I think I prefer this melon flavor to Cantaloupe and Cream even. I would definitely keep this one stocked. Thank you Kat_Maria for the sample of this tea. It seems that everyone has been loving this tea lately so I am grateful to have gotten a taste of it.

ETA: I resteeped this and the oolong is coming out a bit more but the melon flavor is still delicious.

Courtney

Preference over Cantaloupe & Cream? I will be on the hunt now.

VariaTEA

It is different because this is straight melon as opposed to just creamy melon but I think I do prefer it.

keychange

This one is the best melon tea in the world. For sure.

Amariel

Oh nice!

So, I’m really happy Sil stole a bit of this before passing my half on because it’s good and she liked it, so that’s even better.

This tea is magic! Just pure liquid cool melon, with light (very very light) floral notes. I could see myself drinking TONS of this tea, except I won’t be able to because Lupicia doesn’t ship to Canada.

/sobs/

I was trying to think what I’d had recently that was comparable ,and I think it was Cool Cucumber from DAVIDsTEA, but this is just BETTER. I’m on my second steep now and I might cold-steep it a third time to see if I can get just a little more from those leaves….

Flavors: Melon

Haha you’re. Lucky I didn’t accidentally misplace this one….

TOTALLY LUCKY.
Please tell me we can arrange a shared order some time! :D

VariaTEA

Cavo, I will probably place an order by the summer and have it sent through my Dad. When I do, I will most likely be back in Toronto so it won’t be too hard to add some things for you :)

Cavocorax

Oooh, that’s great! Thanks!

VariaTEA

No problem. It won’t be for a little while though since I need to get my cupboard controlled. Do you think you can last? :P

I’ll be ordering from lupicia again….for as long as Sharon doesn’t mind being my tea mule lol

MissB

I’ll be at a Lupicia store in June, and can just buy whatever and ship it direct to you from the US if a teensy wait is okay.

Nous pouvons toujours attendres madam! Je crois que ca sera plus facile is mon ami l’emporterai ici….

Oh! Mai ca ce peut que je vous emprete d’acheter les thes qui son suelement Vendu dans le magasin! (iPad autocorrect is the worst for French typing lol)

keychange

My god this is one of the best teas ever. if I wasn’t going to Cali this summer, and if the wonderful ifjuly wasn’t sending me some to tide me over in the meantime, I’d crash this group order bigtime! LOL

Cavocorax

OMG. Everyone is all over this Lupicia thing. :O I’m amazed!
And I’m so not ready to order just yet (uhhh, cupboard is over 200… ) but once someone is ready in a few months I’d love to figure something out.

Also, thumbs up to me for deciphering Sil’s french. I’m so rusty but at least I can translate it even if I couldn’t write what she just said.

OMGsrsly

Can I chime in? YES LUPICIA. Chaud les marrons! is AMAZING. I’ve had it hot, cold, plain, with stuff, and have only one cup left. So good.

I have a feeling that if i can get through some of these small samples to that i don’t have AN ENTIRE BOX FULL OF THEM….outside of my cupboard, I’ll go through all the teas we recently purchased and then start planning another order. Though, that being said, that might not be until May since i’m pretty sure my april order will be damn fine tea..and way over my budget at that lol

Cavocorax

Wheee! So many future orders!!!