Melon Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Melon, Cantaloupe, Fruity, Sweet, Butter, Floral, Honeydew, Vegetal, Mint, Smooth, Green, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Lupicia, seriously; how do you even do this? Who flavours these teas? Are they wizards? In the bag, this has that very Lupicia-esque _filthy_ ripe-fruit oolong smell to it that I love so much...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Ah, another example of Lupicia's delicious flavored green oolongs. This is intensely melon-y; perhaps too intense for some folks, but if you like super ripe cantaloup and green oolongs, this one is...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2036 tasting notes
  • “I'm craving fruit, but there is no fruit at home! So I broke into this melon oolong. Melons are so lackluster this time of year. Thank goodness we have tea to tide us over till summer. This...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “I sure am drinking a lot of tea tonight. This is my second cold steep of the day and I already have another one in the fridge, plus I had matcha this afternoon. I've already planned out my evening...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy and sweet melon is infused to high quality Taiwanese Oolong tea. Can be recommended for iced tea, as well.

About Lupicia View company

This is another I didn’t review the first time I drank it, and now it’s a very sad sipdown. I’ll probably attempt to get a few more steeps out of it, because it’s simply amazing. Once it’s brewed up it smells like a ripe melon, but even better it tastes like a ripe melon. I’m drinking honeydew—which is, of course, my favorite melon, but only when it’s ripe. Mm! The base is light and slightly sweet on its own and is just delicious with the melon flavor. I will have to get some, probably after I use up Golden Moon’s melon tea (or maybe I should keep them both around at once)!

Another flavored tea from NayLynn! I felt like a nice refreshing fruity tea so I chose this one to try. Melon is one of my favorite fruit flavors and I like all kinds. This is a rolled oolong, and the pellets are fairly small and a medium green/brown in color. There are a few little pieces of spiky mint green transparent candy in there too, so I made sure to get one in the infuser! Dry scent is mouthwateringly juicy and sweet honeydew. The recommended steep was 1.5-2 minutes, but I thought that seemed short for an oolong so I did a 3-minute steep.

Brewed aroma is quite similar to the dry – still sweet and juicy honeydew, maybe with a hint of cantaloupe now. OMG, this tea! The honeydew flavor is absolutely perfect and spot-on in every way. It tastes so juicy and full, and the texture is super creamy from the oolong. I taste just a touch of vegetal flavor in the background, but mostly it’s just like eating a sweet, ripe honeydew in the summer. There’s something that tastes very slightly minty and tingly in the aftertaste. Yum!

Flavors: Floral, Honeydew, Melon, Mint, Smooth, Sweet, Vegetal

Where I work, we do a fruit bar in the mornings: fresh watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, canned mandarin oranges and canned peaches. Everyday, everything but the cantaloupe, honeydew, and canned fruit is gone by 9am. All the left over fruits are mixed together into a fruit salad, and added to the lunch bar. And everyday when I leave at 3:30, the canned fruits have been picked out, and all that’s left are the two melons. They just don’t get any love.

Melons, both real, and flavorings, seem to be tricky things. The actual fruit so often aren’t the proper ripeness, and as such taste bland, while the flavorings taste artificial and far from a good melon. After trying and loving Golden Honey Dew, I had high hopes for this.

The dry leaf is just as intoxicating as GHD. The aroma once steeped up is floral and fruity and sweet. Flavor is sweet melons and floral green oolong. Fruity, juicy, it’s like sitting on the porch in late spring, eating half a melon with a spoon, smelling the spring blooms in the breeze, and listening to the birds chirping.

Second steep is almost as good as the first. Thank you Ost for sending me a sample of this in my surprise birthday package last week!

Tea Sipper

Canned fruit over melons?!? No way!

I’ve been drooling over tasting notes of this tea for months now. Thank you Tealizzy for sending me a sample! :D

The oolong itself is your typical tightly rolled green oolong, but there was also this crazy neon green spiky piece of sugar candy in with the leaf! Looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Kompeito_konpeito.JPG

The flavor is strikingly similar to these little individually wrapped muskmelon candies the local Vietnamese restaurant gives out at the end of the meal in lieu of a mint. I really like those candies and the flavor pairs very well with green oolong. Also this is fantastic iced! I drank it kind of fast because I just came in from hours of yard work. I finally planted my fall crop of lettuce, beets, green onion and fancy radishes :)

I enjoyed every sip! Would consider ordering this some day, especially for iced tea. Thanks again Tealizzy!

Tealizzy

I knew you’d like it. It really is a winner!! :)

Lariel of Lórien

It’s fantastic. I tried to promote it at the store.

Tasting note number 350. Exciting, isn’t it? The nice people at Lupicia brewed me a sample after I told them it was so recommended to me.

The dry leaves smelled so good. Very fresh and like I was going to pick out melons in the farmers market. I got slightly more honey dew. When brewed the green oolong came out more. It went well with the melon flavour. Different, but I’ll likely get this if I ever go a Lupicia store again, or maybe order online next summer.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Green, Honeydew, Melon

The last day of August. Unbelievable.
Well, I’m ready for September. Tights and sweaters and the proper tea drinking temps! I am ready. I’ve been dreaming about squash.
However, I will savor the summer teas in my cupboard, and so, for that, I’m drinking this lovely cup of melon goodness.
How come melon candy is not a thing in the U.S.? I would think it would be a natural combination.

TeaBrat

Well, I’ve seen watermelon candy but yeah that’s different… :)

Stephanie

I get some candies at my local asian grocery store that taste EXACTLY like this. PS- YES BRING ON THE WINTER SQUASH! :)

This is the tea that I keep going to after I get sick. It’s like a post-nausea tea for me. Which probably sounds awful-but it really does make me feel better. It’s soothing and calming.
The melon isn’t overly sweet-the oolong base really balances it out.
It’s not too strong to counteract the effect of my nausea pills. It’s just…ugh…this tea, you guys…It’s just perfect! I’m running out so fast-it’s crazy!
This is definitely worth a try if you like melon flavors!

Absolutely perfect for times when you want something flavored and sweet but not artificial. It just tastes like sweet honeydew and a nice green oolong perfectly balanced. I love that you can taste the tea base, and that both flavors complement one another so well. I usually let it cool a little before drinking it, as I find that the melon flavor stands out more once it’s cooled down.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon

I got my Lupicia order finally, had ordered it in May and had it shipped to my relatives in the States knowing they’d be visiting in July and would bring it to me. Along with orders from like 4 other companies but that’s neither here nor there :)

Anyway, I decided to make this the first one I tried out of the bunch.
Wow.
I mean like, man, this tea is amazing.

I don’t understand how it is possible to make a tea taste so much like genuine melon. It doesn’t even taste fake. Just fresh and delicious. Fruity, soooo fruity.

Amazing. So good. I don’t even have the words. It’s the juiciest fruitiness tea I’ve ever had.

If this is Lupicia, count me in!

stay away from their blacks msot of the time and you won’t be disappointed…yes this is coming from me lol

whatshesaid

Wow! Good to know then :)

OMGsrsly

Isn’t this GOOD? :)

3G 5 oz 190F 2 min
It’s delicious . Smells like cantaloupe / honeydew. True taste. Very nice on a hot day . Resteep was very good as well. No sugar for me but I think it would make it even more delicious. I think I’m going to enjoy it this summer;)

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Honeydew