Grapefruit Green

Green Tea
Grapefruit
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

From Lupicia

Green tea flavored with fresh grapefruits makes a refreshing taste.

About Lupicia View company

Ehh nothing really special. Not really grapefruity, but not a GREAT green tea either.

The smell alone is worth the price of admission. This is a wonderful light tea, good for an afternoon pick me up or getting you going in the morning.

Smells more fruit-like than regular green teas, and has less of an aftertaste.

Drank this again, courtesy of CarolWho. Still delicious. Will be buying some in the future!

I was actually very surprised by this blend. I usually abhor citrus flavors because they are too tart, but this was a welcome change. It brews a light spring green color which makes me think it has a sencha base or some sort of a sencha blend. The grapefruit isn’t too overpowering nor too bitter, it went down smooth and required not additional sweetener.

Iced

Used to poach salmon. Smelled, but did not really taste, the grapefruit, but this is a very old sample.

My relationship with grapefruit is made of love and hate.

When I was a kid, my step father was making the meals. Often, as a starter, he was serving us grapefruit. Here we can serve grapefruit for starter or dessert…even if for me it sounds weird as a starter on its own. We had the right to add a little sugar and we were using the special little spoons made especially for grapefruit.
I hated these moments and I hated grapefruit : so bitter to me so terrible to have had to finish it each time.

Later I tried grapefruit juices and I didn’t like neither. I had more chance with mixing grapefruit with other fruit or vegetables or shrimps.
Now I can eat them without other addition.

Anna was kind to have sent me this tea. I can appreciate the grapefruit here and even the green base. It is fresh grapefruit with a little only grapefruit bitterness for the very best.
Very well done Lupicia, a so lovely blend.

Terri HarpLady

When I was a kid, we also had grapefruit sometimes before breakfast. I remember these very small knifes for cutting around the section, & the dainty little spoons! Mom always put sugar on the table, & in those days it seemed that the grapefruits were always the yellow kind, not the sweeter pink or red ones.

When I was visiting my gramma & my cousins were also there, gramma served grapefruit at breakfast too. My cousins all sprinkled salt on theirs.
:p
Now I like mine plain, or in salad with grapefruit, avocado, & lime juice. Maybe some jicama, cilantro, shrimp… :)

Ysaurella

with avocado and shrimps this is a must ! I do agree

Terri HarpLady

Also good in this salad is thinly sliced fennel bulb
I need to plant some fennel in my garden!

TheTeaFairy

Ysaurella, I’m so with you on this, we were served half a grapefruit as a starter as well!! As a kid, those special tools were intriguing to me and made the whole thing worth while, cause otherwise, I thought grapefruits existed just to make kid’s lives miserable…today, I can,t get enough of them :-)

Ysaurella

and the funniest is my daughter adores grapefruit, she likes its bitterness.

Very good, strong grapefruit aroma. It’s also a fairly light tea—would be great for anyone that is not a fan of the stronger tea flavors imo.

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box #2

Although I have sent the tea box on its way I do have a few more teas to review. I think I have five or six more teas and then I’m done with traveling tea box posts for a while. :)

I love the smell of the dry leaf, but the wet leaf had a smell that made me crinkle my nose. It went from smelling like grapefruit and citrus flowers to something sharp and bitter. I was worried that I had steeped it incorrectly, but thankfully the taste was all grapefruit and fresh grass. I actually had to move the wet leaves away from me so I could enjoy the tea. The tea itself is lovely. The taste is grapefruit, bright fresh grass, and, as the tea cools, slightly floral.

I can see myself enjoying this tea a lot during the summer. It’s light and really refreshing.

Thank you to teataku for this sample!

I really want to make a Lupicia order and was hoping for a chance to try this. I love grapefruit and would love to have a tea that has a real grapefruit taste. However, this wasn’t good at all. It tasted quite dusty as many greens do to me, like it has a lot of particles that get through my perfect mug strainer. It was also quite bitter even though I brewed it with warm water. I couldn’t detect any grapefruit either.

I read through the reviews again and I wish I tasted what other people are tasting. I’m still tempted to pick this one up just in case it is better strait from Lupicia. DECISIONS!