Grapefruit Green

Green Tea
Astringent, Bitter, Grapefruit, Green, Sour, Grass, Citrus, Seaweed, Smooth, Spinach, Citrusy
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

From Lupicia

Green tea flavored with fresh grapefruits makes a refreshing taste.

About Lupicia View company

Ehh nothing really special. Not really grapefruity, but not a GREAT green tea either.

The smell alone is worth the price of admission. This is a wonderful light tea, good for an afternoon pick me up or getting you going in the morning.

Smells more fruit-like than regular green teas, and has less of an aftertaste.

Hmm yummy yummy. Another great fruity green tea from Lupicia. I got this one in a mailer who knows when and finally busted it out when I was late already for work and decided just to take a tea bag with me instead of brewing/decanting while at home. I had forgotten a little – the convenience of teabags. lol.

I’ll be back on Steepster more in the new future. =) I turned away from buying more tea (other than subscriptions) during Lent and other than putting in an LP other for the Dark Matter group buy (that doesn’t count, RIGHT? it comes later!), I did pretty good! But staying away from the boards will do that.

Omnomnomnoms. So good.
This smells incredible! Like freshly cut grapefruit. I’m in love!
The taste is less impressive, but still quite nice. Not as powerful, but then I did expect that. The green base is ok but I think it might have been paired with a “fresher” more grassy green tea. Mum loved it as well, but her doc says she can’t have green tea so only a tiny cup for her.
I love that the bitterness of the grapefruit actually flows through to the taste. The best part, I think! I do adore grapefruit when it isn’t TOO bitter. Sometimes you get one that is just too much. But this tea? yeah, perfect balance!
Again, the only thing I would change is the base, but even then it’s not so bad, just not perfect is all. Thanks for the sample bag Sil or was it VariaTea?
Anyhow, if I can get my hands on more of this I’ll be a very happy girl :)

Dustin

Fruity Lupicia teas do really well when cold steeped in the fridge. Something to think about if you get more of this tea. :)

Indigobloom

Mmmm yeah I’d definitely give that a shot! Do you use a hot water starter or just cold water all the way?

Dustin

Usually room temperature water, put in in a mason jar with the tea and stick it in the fridge overnight. Sometimes I add sugar when I put it all together depending on my mood and the tea.

Indigobloom

I usually start mine off with just a little bit of hot (tea appropriate) water and then top it off with room temp. But that also depends on how much time I have, as usually I’m in a rush when I remember to cold brew! :P

Plunkybug

How does this compare to Butiki’s Grapefruit Dragon?

Indigobloom

I personally liked it better. The grapefruit is more intense, I got barely any flavour from the Butiki one myself!

Plunkybug

Thank you! I will have to look at trying this one!

Indigobloom

One day I hope to get my hands on some more as well. Definitely on my purchase list :)

My first sip of this tea was so bitter and acidic, I almost dumped it out. But I decided to let it cool and I’m glad I did…as it cools down, the acidity recedes and the fruity flavor begins to pop a bit more. Still not the best grapefruit tea I’ve ever tried, but I enjoyed the second half of the cup!

Flavors: Bitter, Grapefruit, Grass

rosebudmelissa

I think the only grapefruit tea I’ve had was Adagio’s Grapefruit Oolong, but that was quite good.

Inkling

Come to think of it, I think I’ve only had one other grapefruit tea as well: Pink Grapefruit by Tea Story. That one is DELICIOUS and totally leaves this one in the dust. :) But maybe I should check out the one from Adagio, since you recommend it!

rosebudmelissa

It was a mild tea, but I think I liked it that way. Grapefruit can be a bit overwhelming. If you try it you’ll have to tell me how it compares to the one by Tea Story.

A sample, from a pre packaged set of 3 teabags, which I shamelessly requested at Lupicia in Paris. And wow, I really doubt the translation in the package. BOILING water for this, as well as for an oolong and a darjeeling earl grey for 5 minutes? Seriously, you guys?

I also got their tea catalogue which has much more sensible temperatures and steeping times. I ignored the sample packaging instructions and while I could not measure the water temperature it should have been around 80-85 at most.

I have a problem with this tea, which is I do not much like grapefruit, nor the fruit not grapefruit flavours. Maybe it is a geographic thing, but coming from a place where citrus grows very easily almost wildly, there is so much better citrus than grapefruit. No, grapefruit is not a first, or even second, choice citrus for me. It´s so overpowering, so sharp. Not a favorite flavouring.

The teabag cames in a hermetical sealed envelope (I like Lupicia packaging very much) and it smells very intense, very grapefruit when opened. Thankfully for me the taste is much milder, very balanced in the liquor and there is a very nice, very smooth, Japanese (? seaweedy?) green tea underneath. Drunk with pleasure and a tea I would not mind repeating though not enough to include it in my shopping list.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Had to discern what this teabag was. There was writing on the teabag, in Chinese. There was also a number. When I did a search on the website for that number this tea came up. Once I brewed it it was clearly a grapefruit tea. While the tea itself is not bitter, it has the bitter taste of grapefruit. Some may find the taste sweet, I don’t. I would not have bought this tea but got it with my Happy Bag. Still, it’s not bad.

I brewed one teabag in approx 8oz of 175 degree water for 3 min.

Cookies was sweet enough to send me a sample of this one. I generally find flavored green teas disappointing, so they’re not something I normally go for, but I really love citrus so I figured I’d give this one a try. The leaves themselves are somewhat broken, and they look like sencha. There are also a few pieces of dried citrus peel mixed in. This smells amazing! Very strong and true grapefruit aroma but it’s tempered with a bit of sweetness to take the edge off.

Mm, the steeped tea smells just as good as the dry – a mix of sour, sweet, and bright. Yum, I actually really like this one. The grapefruit flavor is not as strong as I would think based on the aroma. It’s more muted and it blends very nicely with the sencha base, adding a touch of acidity and bright flavor. Very refreshing, this would be amazing with mint added too! :)

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Seaweed, Smooth, Spinach

My absolute favorite of the Lupicia teas i’ve tried. An excellent fresh grapefruit taste with no bitterness, plus a hit of earthiness from the green tea. I bring an iced cup on my daily runs.

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Green