Grapefruit Green

Green Tea
Grapefruit, Citrus, Seaweed, Smooth, Spinach, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

From Lupicia

Green tea flavored with fresh grapefruits makes a refreshing taste.

About Lupicia View company

Ehh nothing really special. Not really grapefruity, but not a GREAT green tea either.

The smell alone is worth the price of admission. This is a wonderful light tea, good for an afternoon pick me up or getting you going in the morning.

Smells more fruit-like than regular green teas, and has less of an aftertaste.

A sample, from a pre packaged set of 3 teabags, which I shamelessly requested at Lupicia in Paris. And wow, I really doubt the translation in the package. BOILING water for this, as well as for an oolong and a darjeeling earl grey for 5 minutes? Seriously, you guys?

I also got their tea catalogue which has much more sensible temperatures and steeping times. I ignored the sample packaging instructions and while I could not measure the water temperature it should have been around 80-85 at most.

I have a problem with this tea, which is I do not much like grapefruit, nor the fruit not grapefruit flavours. Maybe it is a geographic thing, but coming from a place where citrus grows very easily almost wildly, there is so much better citrus than grapefruit. No, grapefruit is not a first, or even second, choice citrus for me. It´s so overpowering, so sharp. Not a favorite flavouring.

The teabag cames in a hermetical sealed envelope (I like Lupicia packaging very much) and it smells very intense, very grapefruit when opened. Thankfully for me the taste is much milder, very balanced in the liquor and there is a very nice, very smooth, Japanese (? seaweedy?) green tea underneath. Drunk with pleasure and a tea I would not mind repeating though not enough to include it in my shopping list.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Had to discern what this teabag was. There was writing on the teabag, in Chinese. There was also a number. When I did a search on the website for that number this tea came up. Once I brewed it it was clearly a grapefruit tea. While the tea itself is not bitter, it has the bitter taste of grapefruit. Some may find the taste sweet, I don’t. I would not have bought this tea but got it with my Happy Bag. Still, it’s not bad.

I brewed one teabag in approx 8oz of 175 degree water for 3 min.

Cookies was sweet enough to send me a sample of this one. I generally find flavored green teas disappointing, so they’re not something I normally go for, but I really love citrus so I figured I’d give this one a try. The leaves themselves are somewhat broken, and they look like sencha. There are also a few pieces of dried citrus peel mixed in. This smells amazing! Very strong and true grapefruit aroma but it’s tempered with a bit of sweetness to take the edge off.

Mm, the steeped tea smells just as good as the dry – a mix of sour, sweet, and bright. Yum, I actually really like this one. The grapefruit flavor is not as strong as I would think based on the aroma. It’s more muted and it blends very nicely with the sencha base, adding a touch of acidity and bright flavor. Very refreshing, this would be amazing with mint added too! :)

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Seaweed, Smooth, Spinach

My absolute favorite of the Lupicia teas i’ve tried. An excellent fresh grapefruit taste with no bitterness, plus a hit of earthiness from the green tea. I bring an iced cup on my daily runs.

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Green

A million thanks to the lovely Lariel for picking this up for me!

This is such a delightful little green. I would say the flavoring is pretty equal to the tea in this one. Unlike a lot of flavored teas where the flavoring completely overpowers the taste of the tea, you can still find the sencha in this one. And it seems to be a decent quality sencha as well. I could actually go for more grapefruit flavor in this one, but I suspect most would find it a nice balance.
I did my usually green steeping of 1.5 minutes at 175 degrees with a full tsp of tea. Turned out beautifully, wouldn’t do it differently. Although I suspect this would make a lovely iced tea as well.

Lariel of Lórien

You’re welcome. Glad you like it.

OMG, I hate this! It’s really no surprise since I hate the fruit too, but I figured I’d give it a try anyways since it came in the Lupicia newsletter. I cold steeped it after reading someone’s review, but it didn’t win me over even cold steeped. Maybe if it didn’t taste so much like grapefruit I’d like it, but it is pretty much what I was expecting after seeing the name. Maybe the hubby will like it…

Iced
TeaBrat

send it to me.. :)

Cheri

Hey, you gave it a try.

Dustin

TeaBrat, it was just a tea bag sample that they send out in their news letter. If it was any more then I’d be looking for someone to pawn it off on for sure!

Drank this again, courtesy of CarolWho. Still delicious. Will be buying some in the future!