Grapefruit Green

Green Tea
Grapefruit
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

From Lupicia

Green tea flavored with fresh grapefruits makes a refreshing taste.

About Lupicia View company

Ehh nothing really special. Not really grapefruity, but not a GREAT green tea either.

The smell alone is worth the price of admission. This is a wonderful light tea, good for an afternoon pick me up or getting you going in the morning.

Smells more fruit-like than regular green teas, and has less of an aftertaste.

A million thanks to the lovely Lariel for picking this up for me!

This is such a delightful little green. I would say the flavoring is pretty equal to the tea in this one. Unlike a lot of flavored teas where the flavoring completely overpowers the taste of the tea, you can still find the sencha in this one. And it seems to be a decent quality sencha as well. I could actually go for more grapefruit flavor in this one, but I suspect most would find it a nice balance.
I did my usually green steeping of 1.5 minutes at 175 degrees with a full tsp of tea. Turned out beautifully, wouldn’t do it differently. Although I suspect this would make a lovely iced tea as well.

Lariel of Lórien

You’re welcome. Glad you like it.

OMG, I hate this! It’s really no surprise since I hate the fruit too, but I figured I’d give it a try anyways since it came in the Lupicia newsletter. I cold steeped it after reading someone’s review, but it didn’t win me over even cold steeped. Maybe if it didn’t taste so much like grapefruit I’d like it, but it is pretty much what I was expecting after seeing the name. Maybe the hubby will like it…

Iced
TeaBrat

send it to me.. :)

Cheri

Hey, you gave it a try.

Dustin

TeaBrat, it was just a tea bag sample that they send out in their news letter. If it was any more then I’d be looking for someone to pawn it off on for sure!

Drank this again, courtesy of CarolWho. Still delicious. Will be buying some in the future!

I was actually very surprised by this blend. I usually abhor citrus flavors because they are too tart, but this was a welcome change. It brews a light spring green color which makes me think it has a sencha base or some sort of a sencha blend. The grapefruit isn’t too overpowering nor too bitter, it went down smooth and required not additional sweetener.

Iced

Used to poach salmon. Smelled, but did not really taste, the grapefruit, but this is a very old sample.

My relationship with grapefruit is made of love and hate.

When I was a kid, my step father was making the meals. Often, as a starter, he was serving us grapefruit. Here we can serve grapefruit for starter or dessert…even if for me it sounds weird as a starter on its own. We had the right to add a little sugar and we were using the special little spoons made especially for grapefruit.
I hated these moments and I hated grapefruit : so bitter to me so terrible to have had to finish it each time.

Later I tried grapefruit juices and I didn’t like neither. I had more chance with mixing grapefruit with other fruit or vegetables or shrimps.
Now I can eat them without other addition.

Anna was kind to have sent me this tea. I can appreciate the grapefruit here and even the green base. It is fresh grapefruit with a little only grapefruit bitterness for the very best.
Very well done Lupicia, a so lovely blend.

Terri HarpLady

When I was a kid, we also had grapefruit sometimes before breakfast. I remember these very small knifes for cutting around the section, & the dainty little spoons! Mom always put sugar on the table, & in those days it seemed that the grapefruits were always the yellow kind, not the sweeter pink or red ones.

When I was visiting my gramma & my cousins were also there, gramma served grapefruit at breakfast too. My cousins all sprinkled salt on theirs.
:p
Now I like mine plain, or in salad with grapefruit, avocado, & lime juice. Maybe some jicama, cilantro, shrimp… :)

Ysaurella

with avocado and shrimps this is a must ! I do agree

Terri HarpLady

Also good in this salad is thinly sliced fennel bulb
I need to plant some fennel in my garden!

TheTeaFairy

Ysaurella, I’m so with you on this, we were served half a grapefruit as a starter as well!! As a kid, those special tools were intriguing to me and made the whole thing worth while, cause otherwise, I thought grapefruits existed just to make kid’s lives miserable…today, I can,t get enough of them :-)

Ysaurella

and the funniest is my daughter adores grapefruit, she likes its bitterness.

Very good, strong grapefruit aroma. It’s also a fairly light tea—would be great for anyone that is not a fan of the stronger tea flavors imo.

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML