Sakurambo

Black Tea, Flavors, Pink Peppercorns, Rosemary
Cherry, Tart, Candy, Herbs, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jee Kim

From Lupicia

Black tea with fresh Japanese cherry flavor. Its sour-sweet aroma is taste-catching and its cute topping with the image of red ripened cherries is also eye-catching.

About Lupicia View company

Forgot to log this earlier, oops.

Monday nights are when I gather around with friends to watch Future MTV Classic Series™ Teen Wolf. This week, however, I had watch alone due to conflicting schedules. Terribly sad, but not gonna lie, it was super relaxing being about to just sit in, make some tea and watch a television program you hate as much as you love alone — and Sakurambo makes a great drink for that. It remains brilliantly fruity and smooth. I never have had to sweeten it, which I take that as a symbol of its quality. Basically, to say the same about every Lupicia I’ve tried: — it’s totally worth trying. You’ll be hooked.

This is a great flavored tea. It doesn’t need to steep long as the tea as well as the cherries are pretty strong, but I love the smell and taste. It is actually quite “peppery,” in my opinion.

bizarre but amazing. really difficult tea to describe but i love it.

This tea wasn’t a big hit with any of my friends and family but oh boy do I love it. It was the first loose leaf tea (aside from jasmine tea) that I tried. There’s a spice to it that no other tea can compare with, and yet it’s sweet. Now, before you read on, you should know one very important piece of information: I hate cherries. I loathe them, in fact. Ever since I was a kid and I bit into one and ended up with half a worm in my mouth, I just haven’t eaten one until very recently when I discovered I actually don’t like the taste of cherry at all really.
But I love this tea. If cherries tasted like this, with that extra kick, that extra spice, you can bet I’d have developed the first case of some unusual condition caused by overeating cherries. Yes, those ARE peppercorns. I recognized them immediately since I’ve seen them very often at the specialty grocery store I used to frequent. And let me tell you, their presence in this tea is sublime. The key is to not oversteep it. This tea gets bitter fast. I really have to keep an eye on this one but I don’t mind because the end result is so worth it.
I really wish Lupicia shipped to Canada because I’ve been out of this tea for a while. I do hope that I can find some during my trip to Tokyo in April!

This tea can be delicious or taste bitter. The recommended time is from 2.5 to 3 minutes. I personally have brewed it for different times and I find that brewing this for 2 minutes is best because it doesnt have a strong slightly bitter taste. Yes, it is 30 seconds short of the recommended time but it makes a big difference. When I sampled this tea at a Lupicia store, they had this tea chilled like an ice tea and it was the best chilled tea ever so this tea is really good as iced tea.

Tastes too powerful with too many competing flavours. Might work better iced?

This was one of the teas in my Lupicia Happy Bag that I was excited to try as soon as I smelled it…the scent is sweet and fruity and just a tiny bit tart, like some kind of delicious cherry candy. Unfortunately, the tartness is taking over my cup. There’s a pleasant, natural cherry flavor as I sip, but the aftertaste puckers up my mouth. I may need to try this one with a bit of sweetener.

Flavors: Cherry, Tart

Cherry Blasters seasoned with peppercorn and rosemary is.. an interesting concept. Thank you, OMGsrsly (and MissB!), for this unique experience! I’m not sure if I like it, but it’s a lot of fun. Sometimes I get black cherry instead of Cherry Blasters, which is a pretty sweet occurrence.

I really, really want to read Firefight right now except textbook readings, presentations, responsibility, being an “adult”, and stuff. Brandon Sanderson is just SITTING there on my kobo..

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Herbs, Peppercorn

TeaBrat

yeah this one is odd…

OMGsrsly

Haha. You’re welcome, but it’s from MissB’s box! I just couldn’t do it. The cherry was so over the top. :)

CrowKettle

Odd, indeed!

OMGsrsly, are the other Lupicia samples you gave me from MissB’s box too? I love how tea gets around in this community :)

OMGsrsly

Yes, I think so? Chaud les Marrons! is mine, but I think the rest were from MissB. (I don’t remember everything!)

Thank you for the sale a while back, Maria! I thought I’d try this one… though I wasn’t sure about the cherry. The black tea base, peppercorns, and rosemary keep it interesting. The peppercorn looks like tiny cherries! I thought the rosemary was actually pine needles. It does smell a little like cough drops to me and it isn’t really my thing. There isn’t a lack of cherry here! I’ve had worse cherry teas though. The peppercorn should make it sweeter but the cherry seems to drown everything else. I can’t taste the rosemary. Not terrible but nothing I would reach for… also not the best from Lupicia.
Steep #1 // few min after boiling // 3-4 min steep

I had forgotten that I grabbed one sachet of this from the last round of the Tea & Cards TTB, so it was a pleasant discovery in my box of mixed miscellaneous teas. I generally love Lupicia’s teas because they seem to get the flavorings spot on without going overboard or too artificial tasting. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this particular tea. On a positive note, it does not taste like children’s cherry flavored cough syrup as most cherry teas seem to taste to me. It actually has that tart and sweet combo that fresh real cherries have. After tasting so many fake cherry teas, I can really appreciate that part of this tea. However, there is also something peppery about this tea (probably because of the peppercorn), and I do not like pepper at all. I can barely tolerate it in my food much less my tea. In conclusion, I don’t think I will repurchase this just because of the pepper flavor, but I really wish I could get over that. For those who don’t mind (or even like) peppery flavors, I think this is a great cherry tea to have around.