Sakurambo

Black Tea, Rosemary, Pink Peppercorns, Flavors
Edit tea info Last updated by Jee Kim

• “The last bit of this tea. *is sad * Damn you Lupicia for not shipping your teas to Canada! *shakes fist * I would totally buy this tea if I was given the opportunity - some of these American...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1527 tasting notes
  • “Very much a fresh cherry smell, even has that hint of tartness to it that fresh cherries do. Usually cherry flavored things make me think of cough syrup so it's nice to find a cherry flavored...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I debated between this tea and the Sakurambo Vert for quite a while. I know the Vert is probably a better tea objectively, but I already have some cherry greens but no cherry blacks so I thought...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Thank tea fairy Sil! :) I tried to savour this, this morning seeing as it was a sample, but it was so good it went down a little quicker than I expected. You know how some teas are perfect,...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea with fresh Japanese cherry flavor. Its sour-sweet aroma is taste-catching and its cute topping with the image of red ripened cherries is also eye-catching.

About Lupicia View company

Forgot to log this earlier, oops.

Monday nights are when I gather around with friends to watch Future MTV Classic Series™ Teen Wolf. This week, however, I had watch alone due to conflicting schedules. Terribly sad, but not gonna lie, it was super relaxing being about to just sit in, make some tea and watch a television program you hate as much as you love alone — and Sakurambo makes a great drink for that. It remains brilliantly fruity and smooth. I never have had to sweeten it, which I take that as a symbol of its quality. Basically, to say the same about every Lupicia I’ve tried: — it’s totally worth trying. You’ll be hooked.

This is a great flavored tea. It doesn’t need to steep long as the tea as well as the cherries are pretty strong, but I love the smell and taste. It is actually quite “peppery,” in my opinion.

bizarre but amazing. really difficult tea to describe but i love it.

This tea wasn’t a big hit with any of my friends and family but oh boy do I love it. It was the first loose leaf tea (aside from jasmine tea) that I tried. There’s a spice to it that no other tea can compare with, and yet it’s sweet. Now, before you read on, you should know one very important piece of information: I hate cherries. I loathe them, in fact. Ever since I was a kid and I bit into one and ended up with half a worm in my mouth, I just haven’t eaten one until very recently when I discovered I actually don’t like the taste of cherry at all really.
But I love this tea. If cherries tasted like this, with that extra kick, that extra spice, you can bet I’d have developed the first case of some unusual condition caused by overeating cherries. Yes, those ARE peppercorns. I recognized them immediately since I’ve seen them very often at the specialty grocery store I used to frequent. And let me tell you, their presence in this tea is sublime. The key is to not oversteep it. This tea gets bitter fast. I really have to keep an eye on this one but I don’t mind because the end result is so worth it.
I really wish Lupicia shipped to Canada because I’ve been out of this tea for a while. I do hope that I can find some during my trip to Tokyo in April!

This tea can be delicious or taste bitter. The recommended time is from 2.5 to 3 minutes. I personally have brewed it for different times and I find that brewing this for 2 minutes is best because it doesnt have a strong slightly bitter taste. Yes, it is 30 seconds short of the recommended time but it makes a big difference. When I sampled this tea at a Lupicia store, they had this tea chilled like an ice tea and it was the best chilled tea ever so this tea is really good as iced tea.

Tastes too powerful with too many competing flavours. Might work better iced?

Thank you Kat_Maria for this sample! I drank one bag last night and couldn’t stop myself from drinking the other today. It was that good.

It’s a smooth black cherry tea with a little bit of creaminess and lots of bright cherry notes. It’s a really cheerful tea for such a dismal snowy spring day. It almost makes me think of vanilla as well. I’m going to resteep this when I’m done to make sure I enjoy it to the MAX.

donkeytiara

i was so surprised that I like this tea…that I LOVED this tea! I loved the pepper in it.

TeaBrat

the decaf version of this is pretty good as well

Kat_Maria

Lupicia knows how to flavor their teas so they taste like the Real Thing! No medicinal-cherry aftertaste to this one :D

Here began my affair with Lupicia, and possibly my obsession with tea. This pretty little tin was brought home as a spontaneous gift of love from my boy (back in the early days of us living together, when he used to do such things frequently, ha!). Till now I drank tea thoughtlessly. I brewed it carelessly, and then blamed it for bitterness. But this sour cherry concoction demanded attention and was guzzled with delight. Our dear friend was also hooked, turning up to a gathering at our place almost too tired to stay upright in her chair, but unable to drag herself from teapot after teapot so that she could head home to bed. The second tin is now also gone, more is the pity.

Boiling

I love the sweet fruit smell of the Sakurambo. It says it is Japanese cherry. It smells like cherry and peach to me.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

This tea truly has the smell and flavor of sour cherries. In the brewed tea, it’s a bit more subtle, but that cherry edge is there, nonetheless. It’s not something I would drink everyday, but I enjoyed the unique tart flavor.
However, I did try it cold once, and that accentuated the bitterness of the black base, so I’d definitely recommend this hot.