Sakurambo

Black Tea, Flavors, Pink Peppercorns, Rosemary
Cherry, Tart, Candy, Herbs, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jee Kim

• “The last bit of this tea. *is sad * Damn you Lupicia for not shipping your teas to Canada! *shakes fist * I would totally buy this tea if I was given the opportunity – some of these...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1776 tasting notes
  • “Very much a fresh cherry smell, even has that hint of tartness to it that fresh cherries do. Usually cherry flavored things make me think of cough syrup so it’s nice to find a cherry...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I debated between this tea and the Sakurambo Vert for quite a while. I know the Vert is probably a better tea objectively, but I already have some cherry greens but no cherry blacks so I thought...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Thank tea fairy Sil! :) I tried to savour this, this morning seeing as it was a sample, but it was so good it went down a little quicker than I expected. You know how some teas are perfect, &...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 297 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea with fresh Japanese cherry flavor. Its sour-sweet aroma is taste-catching and its cute topping with the image of red ripened cherries is also eye-catching.

About Lupicia View company

Forgot to log this earlier, oops.

Monday nights are when I gather around with friends to watch Future MTV Classic Series™ Teen Wolf. This week, however, I had watch alone due to conflicting schedules. Terribly sad, but not gonna lie, it was super relaxing being about to just sit in, make some tea and watch a television program you hate as much as you love alone — and Sakurambo makes a great drink for that. It remains brilliantly fruity and smooth. I never have had to sweeten it, which I take that as a symbol of its quality. Basically, to say the same about every Lupicia I’ve tried: — it’s totally worth trying. You’ll be hooked.

This is a great flavored tea. It doesn’t need to steep long as the tea as well as the cherries are pretty strong, but I love the smell and taste. It is actually quite “peppery,” in my opinion.

bizarre but amazing. really difficult tea to describe but i love it.

This tea wasn’t a big hit with any of my friends and family but oh boy do I love it. It was the first loose leaf tea (aside from jasmine tea) that I tried. There’s a spice to it that no other tea can compare with, and yet it’s sweet. Now, before you read on, you should know one very important piece of information: I hate cherries. I loathe them, in fact. Ever since I was a kid and I bit into one and ended up with half a worm in my mouth, I just haven’t eaten one until very recently when I discovered I actually don’t like the taste of cherry at all really.
But I love this tea. If cherries tasted like this, with that extra kick, that extra spice, you can bet I’d have developed the first case of some unusual condition caused by overeating cherries. Yes, those ARE peppercorns. I recognized them immediately since I’ve seen them very often at the specialty grocery store I used to frequent. And let me tell you, their presence in this tea is sublime. The key is to not oversteep it. This tea gets bitter fast. I really have to keep an eye on this one but I don’t mind because the end result is so worth it.
I really wish Lupicia shipped to Canada because I’ve been out of this tea for a while. I do hope that I can find some during my trip to Tokyo in April!

This tea can be delicious or taste bitter. The recommended time is from 2.5 to 3 minutes. I personally have brewed it for different times and I find that brewing this for 2 minutes is best because it doesnt have a strong slightly bitter taste. Yes, it is 30 seconds short of the recommended time but it makes a big difference. When I sampled this tea at a Lupicia store, they had this tea chilled like an ice tea and it was the best chilled tea ever so this tea is really good as iced tea.

Tastes too powerful with too many competing flavours. Might work better iced?

I drank this last night, but then decided to wait till today to write it…wanted to drink a few wine coolers and binge watch Murder, She Wrote on Netflix.

I don’t usually read reviews of a tea before I drink it, but I was apprehensive about this one. In the past alot of cherry flavored tea tends to taste like cough medicine shudders (To this day I can’t abide the liquid form!) But luckily the reviews that I read did not display that particular taste.

1st smell out of the bag: sweet, almost cloyingly sweet.
1st smell as it was steeping: Not quite as sweet…almost had a complex smell.
1st taste: Very sweet and sour cherry like. Like if you ate a handful of the sweet and sour. There is however an odd aftertaste that I am not crazy about.

Aside from my dislike of anything that tastes like medicine, I am not a huge cherry fan. When it comes to fruit I prefer Strawberry, Peach or Grape (Which the majority of teas I’ve had with those flavors I tend to be disappointed.) But I love to be surprised by tea.
Who doesn’t?

I am not opposed to grabbing more of this.

Sipdown! This blend makes my head hurt sometimes, so it took a while to finish off. Tasty, though. The cherry flavor is sweet without being cloying or syrupy. It also takes rice milk really well. Not a restock for me but I would recommend it to anyone who likes black tea and cherries.

This was one of the teas in my Lupicia Happy Bag that I was excited to try as soon as I smelled it…the scent is sweet and fruity and just a tiny bit tart, like some kind of delicious cherry candy. Unfortunately, the tartness is taking over my cup. There’s a pleasant, natural cherry flavor as I sip, but the aftertaste puckers up my mouth. I may need to try this one with a bit of sweetener.

Flavors: Cherry, Tart

Cherry Blasters seasoned with peppercorn and rosemary is.. an interesting concept. Thank you, OMGsrsly (and MissB!), for this unique experience! I’m not sure if I like it, but it’s a lot of fun. Sometimes I get black cherry instead of Cherry Blasters, which is a pretty sweet occurrence.

I really, really want to read Firefight right now except textbook readings, presentations, responsibility, being an “adult”, and stuff. Brandon Sanderson is just SITTING there on my kobo..

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Herbs, Peppercorn

TeaBrat

yeah this one is odd…

OMGsrsly

Haha. You’re welcome, but it’s from MissB’s box! I just couldn’t do it. The cherry was so over the top. :)

CrowKettle

Odd, indeed!

OMGsrsly, are the other Lupicia samples you gave me from MissB’s box too? I love how tea gets around in this community :)

OMGsrsly

Yes, I think so? Chaud les Marrons! is mine, but I think the rest were from MissB. (I don’t remember everything!)