Sakurambo

Black Tea, Flavors, Pink Peppercorns, Rosemary
Cherry, Fruity, Sweet, Tart, Candy, Herbs, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jee Kim

• “The last bit of this tea. *is sad * Damn you Lupicia for not shipping your teas to Canada! *shakes fist * I would totally buy this tea if I was given the opportunity – some of these...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1853 tasting notes
  • “Very much a fresh cherry smell, even has that hint of tartness to it that fresh cherries do. Usually cherry flavored things make me think of cough syrup so it’s nice to find a cherry...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I debated between this tea and the Sakurambo Vert for quite a while. I know the Vert is probably a better tea objectively, but I already have some cherry greens but no cherry blacks so I thought...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Thank tea fairy Sil! :) I tried to savour this, this morning seeing as it was a sample, but it was so good it went down a little quicker than I expected. You know how some teas are perfect, &...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 297 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea with fresh Japanese cherry flavor. Its sour-sweet aroma is taste-catching and its cute topping with the image of red ripened cherries is also eye-catching.

About Lupicia View company

Sipdown! This blend makes my head hurt sometimes, so it took a while to finish off. Tasty, though. The cherry flavor is sweet without being cloying or syrupy. It also takes rice milk really well. Not a restock for me but I would recommend it to anyone who likes black tea and cherries.

This was one of the teas in my Lupicia Happy Bag that I was excited to try as soon as I smelled it…the scent is sweet and fruity and just a tiny bit tart, like some kind of delicious cherry candy. Unfortunately, the tartness is taking over my cup. There’s a pleasant, natural cherry flavor as I sip, but the aftertaste puckers up my mouth. I may need to try this one with a bit of sweetener.

Flavors: Cherry, Tart

Cherry Blasters seasoned with peppercorn and rosemary is.. an interesting concept. Thank you, OMGsrsly (and MissB!), for this unique experience! I’m not sure if I like it, but it’s a lot of fun. Sometimes I get black cherry instead of Cherry Blasters, which is a pretty sweet occurrence.

I really, really want to read Firefight right now except textbook readings, presentations, responsibility, being an “adult”, and stuff. Brandon Sanderson is just SITTING there on my kobo..

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Herbs, Peppercorn

TeaBrat

yeah this one is odd…

OMGsrsly

Haha. You’re welcome, but it’s from MissB’s box! I just couldn’t do it. The cherry was so over the top. :)

CrowKettle

Odd, indeed!

OMGsrsly, are the other Lupicia samples you gave me from MissB’s box too? I love how tea gets around in this community :)

OMGsrsly

Yes, I think so? Chaud les Marrons! is mine, but I think the rest were from MissB. (I don’t remember everything!)

Thank you for the sale a while back, Maria! I thought I’d try this one… though I wasn’t sure about the cherry. The black tea base, peppercorns, and rosemary keep it interesting. The peppercorn looks like tiny cherries! I thought the rosemary was actually pine needles. It does smell a little like cough drops to me and it isn’t really my thing. There isn’t a lack of cherry here! I’ve had worse cherry teas though. The peppercorn should make it sweeter but the cherry seems to drown everything else. I can’t taste the rosemary. Not terrible but nothing I would reach for… also not the best from Lupicia.
Steep #1 // few min after boiling // 3-4 min steep

I had forgotten that I grabbed one sachet of this from the last round of the Tea & Cards TTB, so it was a pleasant discovery in my box of mixed miscellaneous teas. I generally love Lupicia’s teas because they seem to get the flavorings spot on without going overboard or too artificial tasting. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this particular tea. On a positive note, it does not taste like children’s cherry flavored cough syrup as most cherry teas seem to taste to me. It actually has that tart and sweet combo that fresh real cherries have. After tasting so many fake cherry teas, I can really appreciate that part of this tea. However, there is also something peppery about this tea (probably because of the peppercorn), and I do not like pepper at all. I can barely tolerate it in my food much less my tea. In conclusion, I don’t think I will repurchase this just because of the pepper flavor, but I really wish I could get over that. For those who don’t mind (or even like) peppery flavors, I think this is a great cherry tea to have around.

This tea was pleasant enough but nothing really special. If you are obsessed with cherries…..hmmm, never heard of anyone like that on Steepster ;-)….. you might like this a lot. The cherry taste is definitely tart cherries rather than candy-like or medicinal, which I think is always a danger with cherry flavored anything. That being said, although the cherry was nice, it didn’t blow me away and the base was pretty boring honestly.

Flavors: Cherry

Cheri

I prefer tart cherries, which is hard to find in tea.

TheTeaFairy

Lol…who could you possibly be talking about??

You absolutely right Sil, It’s actually the only flavoured cherry tea I like!

Virginia

Well. Said.
Yawn.

Hey. I reviewed this one before. I remember because TeaFairy commented that she loved the weirdness of it? Is someone deleting bad reviews?

Well I will rate it again. I found this very artificial and perfume-like. So there, whoever deleted my tasting note.

whatshesaid

Nooo, they don’t do that do they?!

mj

I remember your review of this tea! Witness for the plaintiff

Wow. This was a sample from Lupicia. Huh.
This is savory. So, so savory. You really can taste rosemary in it, and the peppercorn too! How unusual.
I dont know if I’d want it in my cupboard forever, but its a fun experience now.

A fruity smell, with nice tart cherry taste. I burnt my tongue :( drinking this. If I had more, seems like this would be good as an iced tea as well.

CK

Yup, I need to either be more patient or train my tongue to be less sensitive to hot :) always happening.

Thank you Kat_Maria for this sample! I drank one bag last night and couldn’t stop myself from drinking the other today. It was that good.

It’s a smooth black cherry tea with a little bit of creaminess and lots of bright cherry notes. It’s a really cheerful tea for such a dismal snowy spring day. It almost makes me think of vanilla as well. I’m going to resteep this when I’m done to make sure I enjoy it to the MAX.

donkeyteaarrrraugh

i was so surprised that I like this tea…that I LOVED this tea! I loved the pepper in it.

TeaBrat

the decaf version of this is pretty good as well

Kat_Maria

Lupicia knows how to flavor their teas so they taste like the Real Thing! No medicinal-cherry aftertaste to this one :D