Sakurambo

Black Tea, Flavors, Pink Peppercorns, Rosemary
Cherry, Tart, Candy, Herbs, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jee Kim

From Lupicia

Black tea with fresh Japanese cherry flavor. Its sour-sweet aroma is taste-catching and its cute topping with the image of red ripened cherries is also eye-catching.

About Lupicia View company

This tea was pleasant enough but nothing really special. If you are obsessed with cherries…..hmmm, never heard of anyone like that on Steepster ;-)….. you might like this a lot. The cherry taste is definitely tart cherries rather than candy-like or medicinal, which I think is always a danger with cherry flavored anything. That being said, although the cherry was nice, it didn’t blow me away and the base was pretty boring honestly.

Flavors: Cherry

Cheri

I prefer tart cherries, which is hard to find in tea.

TheTeaFairy

Lol…who could you possibly be talking about??

You absolutely right Sil, It’s actually the only flavoured cherry tea I like!

Virginia

Well. Said.
Yawn.

Hey. I reviewed this one before. I remember because TeaFairy commented that she loved the weirdness of it? Is someone deleting bad reviews?

Well I will rate it again. I found this very artificial and perfume-like. So there, whoever deleted my tasting note.

whatshesaid

Nooo, they don’t do that do they?!

mj

I remember your review of this tea! Witness for the plaintiff

Wow. This was a sample from Lupicia. Huh.
This is savory. So, so savory. You really can taste rosemary in it, and the peppercorn too! How unusual.
I dont know if I’d want it in my cupboard forever, but its a fun experience now.

A fruity smell, with nice tart cherry taste. I burnt my tongue :( drinking this. If I had more, seems like this would be good as an iced tea as well.

CK

Yup, I need to either be more patient or train my tongue to be less sensitive to hot :) always happening.

Thank you Kat_Maria for this sample! I drank one bag last night and couldn’t stop myself from drinking the other today. It was that good.

It’s a smooth black cherry tea with a little bit of creaminess and lots of bright cherry notes. It’s a really cheerful tea for such a dismal snowy spring day. It almost makes me think of vanilla as well. I’m going to resteep this when I’m done to make sure I enjoy it to the MAX.

donkeytiara

i was so surprised that I like this tea…that I LOVED this tea! I loved the pepper in it.

TeaBrat

the decaf version of this is pretty good as well

Kat_Maria

Lupicia knows how to flavor their teas so they taste like the Real Thing! No medicinal-cherry aftertaste to this one :D

Here began my affair with Lupicia, and possibly my obsession with tea. This pretty little tin was brought home as a spontaneous gift of love from my boy (back in the early days of us living together, when he used to do such things frequently, ha!). Till now I drank tea thoughtlessly. I brewed it carelessly, and then blamed it for bitterness. But this sour cherry concoction demanded attention and was guzzled with delight. Our dear friend was also hooked, turning up to a gathering at our place almost too tired to stay upright in her chair, but unable to drag herself from teapot after teapot so that she could head home to bed. The second tin is now also gone, more is the pity.

Boiling

I love the sweet fruit smell of the Sakurambo. It says it is Japanese cherry. It smells like cherry and peach to me.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

This tea truly has the smell and flavor of sour cherries. In the brewed tea, it’s a bit more subtle, but that cherry edge is there, nonetheless. It’s not something I would drink everyday, but I enjoyed the unique tart flavor.
However, I did try it cold once, and that accentuated the bitterness of the black base, so I’d definitely recommend this hot.

It smelled delicious at the store, but when I brought the tea home, it smelled a lot stronger. The taste isn’t quite as pleasing as I imagined either. It has a peculiar taste, and reminds me a bit of children’s cough medicine… Maybe if I give it some time it will mellow down?

I’d swear there are real cherries in my mug after I poured the hot water in. It is not overly sweet and isn’t sour regardless of the very strong aroma after steeping. When the tea is hot, there is a taste that is interfering with the cherry flavor – when it cools down a bit (still very warm), it isn’t as pronounced though.