Neptune

Black Tea, Flavouring, Marigold Petals
Dried Fruit, Fig, Honey, Stonefruits, Vanilla, Fruity
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Ugggg - busy night at work, didn't have time to do much Steepster lurking. Got home and made a cup of this tea and started unpacking the HUGE shared order box I got today. My house looks like a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 729 tasting notes
  • “Got this in a swap with *ifjuly!* Nonspecific fruit and honey. I would consider ordering some loose leaf in the future. I said earlier that this was a bag. My mistake - I was confusing it...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 520 tasting notes
  • “I might've appreciated this a bit more if it hadn't come off the heels of a very flavorful black tea day that included Harney's Elyse's Blend (the strongest floral honey smelling dry leaf I've...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “I recieved this tea as a sample off Lupicia's monthly flyer/sampler thing. I should do another order with Lupicia so I can continue to get a free tea bag a month. I forgot what this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1041 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Rich flavor of honey-preserved fruits and smooth taste are the characteristics of this very popular tea.

Ingredients: black tea, marigold, flavouring

Brewing temperature: boiling

Brewing time: 2.5-3 minutes

About Lupicia View company

Ugggg – busy night at work, didn’t have time to do much Steepster lurking. Got home and made a cup of this tea and started unpacking the HUGE shared order box I got today. My house looks like a tea store exploded. I have opened boxes all over the place – orders received – swaps received – swaps partially packaged to be finished and sent out – piles of tea that need to be portioned and added to the swap out boxes. I’m finding stuff I didn’t know I had, I’m finding stuff I’d forgotten I ordered – and enjoying every minute of it. To all those that are patiently waiting for swaps/packages – soon, crossing fingers they will be mailed out tomorrow – worst case scenario will be boxed and ready to be mailed tomorrow – mailed on Thurday. :))
So that’s what I’ve been doing and I didn’t really drink much of the tea I made. Thanks ifjuly for the sample – still have more will try again another night. This is good, but I think I’ll like it better hot rather than the luke warm that it is now.

Anna

This sounds like so much fun, I wish there were pictures.

Cavocorax

I second that! Take pics please so we can peek and feel jealous! :p

Terri HarpLady

Yup, sounds just like home to me! :)

caile

haha I was thinking the same thing!

Dexter

I posted pictures in the Tea Buying Hiatus Support Group thread for anyone who is interested…

Anna

Hahaha, oh, Dex, that was INSANE. Love it!

Got this in a swap with ifjuly!

I said earlier that this was a bag. My mistake – I was confusing it with a different tea! This was loose leaf. I would still consider buying it. :)
gmathis

Sometimes that nonspecific fruit is pretty tasty!

Nicole

And I like that it frees you to not wonder which fruit you are tasting. :)

ifjuly

uh oh, i think something’s amiss in my labeling. i sent off one sachet tea, it was paromi’s coconut almond…i just checked my swap list notes and i didn’t send any lupicia neptune. o_O i am really sorry for the mix up, ack. i’m trying to figure out how that even happened…!

ifjuly

oh wait. i did send neptune too. but it’s loose. the paromi’s the only bagged tea. maybe i switched the labels on the bags somehow? ack.

ifjuly

(this is reminding me, i really need to find better labels that actually stick and lay flat on those baggies. hrm.)

Nicole

This is probably my bad. I probably had both and forgot. :)

I might’ve appreciated this a bit more if it hadn’t come off the heels of a very flavorful black tea day that included Harney’s Elyse’s Blend (the strongest floral honey smelling dry leaf I’ve encountered) and all the deep, complex flavors in thepuriTea’s Hong Jing Luo. Next to that this wasn’t bad but pretty meh. It’s very gentle but didn’t seem soothing like some gentle teas can at least be. Not terrible or anything but definitely not a restock either.

I recieved this tea as a sample off Lupicia’s monthly flyer/sampler thing. I should do another order with Lupicia so I can continue to get a free tea bag a month.

I forgot what this tea is supposed to taste like and the name “neptune” doesn’t give any hints to me. This tea has a smooth black tea flavor that is quite good with mystery jammy fruity flavor.

More from the TTB 1.2

This tea smells awesome – like fruit drenched in syrup or jam. I like that this is a full leaf teabag with what appears to be a good amount of tea. I’ve never had anything from Lupicia so this may determine if I will seek out the company for any future tea purchases.

The brewed tea is dark brown in color and has a maltier smell although the rich, sweet fruit preserves are still hanging around. This tea was just asking for a bit of sweetener, which seriously makes this tea absolutely delicious. The black tea isn’t really making much of an appearance, but I don’t really care.

This is yummy. :) The black tea itself tastes pretty generic, and there isn’t any fruit in this tea, yet it is a very fruity and satisfying cup. It will make a great dessert tea because it smells just like a fruitcake! Isn’t flavouring amazing? :P But remember to drink it hot as the honey fragrance can be quite overwhelming (seriously, it makes me a little bit light-headed) after the tea has cooled!!

This was a sample I had received in one of the newsletters. It was just ok. Nice creamy, honey type flavor, but didn’t really do much for me. Didn’t bother steeping a second time.

Hey, everyone, it’s been a while!

So it turns out that when you study abroad in Japan, you have a hard time coming home without mountains of tea. :D This is one of the 3 I picked up. It’s kind of generic-tasting, but there’s this fruity-honey aftertaste that I really love—I only got it about 2 months ago and I’m nearly out already!

It smells good and like something familiar that I just can’t pin down. I brewed for about 3 minutes and it was kind of dark so I worried it would be bitter. It wasn’t, it tastes good – I can definitely taste honey even when I didn’t add any sugar. I only have the one sample, so about halfway through the cup I added some sugar and it was good but didn’t need it I think. It’s smooth and easy to drink but not something I’d remember to buy more of.

This came as a sample with a recent Lupicia purchase. The honey-fruit flavoring reminds me of Lupicia’s Piccolo – it’s generically fruity, and perhaps slightly artificial. It’s not very strong here – the flavoring holds its own against Piccolo’s rooibos base more than it does against Neptune’s black. Said base is a pleasant, vaguely malty black. I don’t think I’d buy this tea, but I did enjoy trying it.