Jasmin Mandarin

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown no. 39 for the year 2014. Another sachet from the work stash. Forgot the thermometer again! So I winged it on the water temp--let it cool for a couple of minutes before steeping. I...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “My Lupicia Newsletter arrived today - yay! This is really nice. A really nice balance of flavors - the jasmine is not too strong but it doesn't get overwhelmed by the mandarin, the mandarin...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4219 tasting notes
  • “Love this for the very fresh floral flavour. It's the kind of jasmine tea served in good Chinese restaurants. Ideal for cleaning your palate before dim sum tasting! Speaking of dim sum makes it...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 299 tasting notes
  • “This came as part of the Lupicia newsletter in tea bag form, and I finally took it out for a taste. This is a nice, well-balanced jasmine tea. Some great floral notes and aroma from the jasmine...” Read full tasting note
    leafjoy 20 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Chinese green tea based jasmine tea has a good balance of flavor and aroma.

About Lupicia View company

Sipdown no. 39 for the year 2014. Another sachet from the work stash.

Forgot the thermometer again! So I winged it on the water temp—let it cool for a couple of minutes before steeping.

I had a bit of a “doh” moment when I picked this tea today. I thought the word mandarin in the name meant it was flavored with both jasmine and mandarin orange, and I kept saying to myself—but I don’t smell orange? I don’t taste orange? So I did an internet search and all signs I could find pointed to this being a straight up jasmine green and that Mandarin presumably refers to the Chinese origin of the tea base.

Once I had a better understanding of what I was tasting, I could appreciate it for what it is. It seems like a really serviceable jasmine green tea. Having tasted the Kusmi Jasmine Green recently, I think these two teas are quite comparable. Both have a nice jasmine flavor, and with both, I don’t get a lot of green tea taste.

This one has a slight downward note in the finish that leans toward grassy and the jasmine doesn’t strike me as as rich and vibrant. Some of that could be simply because of the mode of preparation. But comparing the two I prefer the Kusmi.

This is a solid jasmine green though, and I wouldn’t turn it down. It’s just that, as with everything tea, I find myself having to make these fine distinctions to avoid having tea take over my house. I am going to bump the Kusmi a couple of points.

Ana

That’s disappointing there is no mandarin. I think jasmine and mandarin would work well together in a tea.

__Morgana__

Lupicia does have a jasmine + orange, as it turns out. It’s called Miss Jasmin #

My Lupicia Newsletter arrived today – yay!

This is really nice. A really nice balance of flavors – the jasmine is not too strong but it doesn’t get overwhelmed by the mandarin, the mandarin provides a nice contrast to the floral notes, and the green tea is fresh and light. A beautiful combination of tastes!

Love this for the very fresh floral flavour. It’s the kind of jasmine tea served in good Chinese restaurants. Ideal for cleaning your palate before dim sum tasting!

Speaking of dim sum makes it crave for it right now…

This is a nice, well-balanced jasmine tea. Some great floral notes and aroma from the jasmine without being overpowering. The green tea base is smooth and provides a great base to the tea.

Also, I’d say that I’ve the pyramid teabags Lupicia provides are sooo convenient for the office. I’ve found that this type of tea tends to be very forgiving of water temperature to consistently create a nice cup of tea. I’d definitely recommend having this type of tea in the office especially if you have a hot water heater that doesn’t deliver the hottest water.

First things first: the aroma. It smells like a flowery perfume I might wear. But the taste? Wow!

This tea is fantastic! It needs just a tiny bit of sweetener (hey, I have a very bitter intolerant, sugar loving tongue), but it’s delicious!

It reminds me of something I had in childhood, but I just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe that’s the mandarin notes coming through?

I could drink this every day. I’ve fallen in love. Time to try a lot more jasmine teas!

Very basic jasmine tea. It’s like the ‘default’ version. The jasmine tea you get served in Chinese restaurants. It’s light and floral, fragrant and flavorful, but the brew doesn’t blow me away with awesome.

Of course, maybe the only reason I’m thinking of Chinese restaurants is because I’m using a metal teapot today that I found in the back of a cupboard at work.

I like this tea very much. The jasmine aroma and flavor are very present, but not overpowering, and the green tea is not bitter or metallic (which has happened in some jasmine green teas I have tried). A very soothing combination.

One of my fave flavored jasmines.