Jardin Sauvage

Rooibos Tea
Fruity, Citrus, Mango, Lime, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “I was pretty sad when I went into the Westfield Mall recently and discovered the Lupicia store was closed! But then when I went to Lupicia’s website recently they say they are relocating to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “It is sooooo hot today! We were out running errands for awhile and took a nice walk, but it is really hot. Came home to chores, and needed something refreshing. I have not yet gotten into making...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 818 tasting notes
  • “This is the tea that made me realize that there was more out there in the world of rooibos than typical red rooibos. There was green rooibos and it was pretty darn good! Fruity fruity fruity! ...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #3 (87) Awww goodbye mango :( This is probably my second favourite rooibos tea I’ve ever had. Honey dew is forsure first, and this one is second. It’s just the perfect sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 671 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A non-fermented (oxidized) rooibos tea. Green rooibos is flavored with sweet mangos and citrus fruits.

About Lupicia View company

This is hands down my favorite tea ever. Sweet but not overpowering, the liqueur is beautiful and the smell is divine! I sincerely wish I had a never-ending supply of Jardin Sauvage- an impulse buy at the Lupicia store in San Francisco had me hooked, and I’ve been craving it ever since! It’s perfect if you like sweet teas, but if you’re not big on sweetness in your tea you might be less enthusiastic than I…

Green roobios mango and citrus fruits. You can see the green roobios and the other fruits. It mainly smells like a a tropical tea. I enjoyed the smell. And steeped it up. The taste had a twang to it that I did not like though.

I was first interested in this just by the smell. It’s definitely what I think of when I think “tropical fruits.” Way more so than Lupicia’s normal tropical fruits flavors. At a five minute steep, it brews up an orange-red color, and tastes almost exactly like candied or dried mangos. I found it already sweet and fruity without any additions. The rooibos only got woody if I let it sit for too long or used too much.

I drank this warm, but for kicks, tried it iced and found it equally delicious, but a tad bit less sweet.

With a French word like Sauvage I was very much expecting a black flavored tea of some sort. Not so much. This tea goes quite well with my sandwich. Sweet. Kumquat, citrus, maybe some honey dew? Perhaps this tea is best sipped cold in a garden?

It came across as generic fruit to me but at least it was green rooibos, which is always a treat.

Oh, well. The search for my true Mango Tea continues.

Flavors: Fruity

Fjellrev

Word! It’s nearly impossible to find a realistic mango-flavoured tea.

Evol Ving Ness

I like Capital Teas natural mango with black tea base.

CrowKettle

I will have to check that out then!

Evol Ving Ness

Capital Tea Ltd. The one in Canada.

Groggily reached for this sampler tea bag this morning, not having any idea of what it was. This is definitely a new favorite for me. The tropical fruit flavor is just right. It’s not too much and not too little.

I’ll definitely have to purchase this when the weather gets warmer, as it will certainly taste lovely iced.

This didn’t work for me cold, but I’m having it hot today, and it’s alright.

The flavours are “tropical”-ish. I added a bit of blackberry honey because it needed some sweetening, and I need to use up some of the things I have in the cupboard.

I thought I’d like this a lot more, based on the smell. But I don’t.

Thanks so much for sharing, MissB! (I think I’ll be giving this away. Anyone whose address I have interested?)

VariaTEA

It’s always so disappointing when the smell doesn’t transfer to the taste.

OMGsrsly

It does, but not in a way that works for me. I thought it was a green rooibos base like Golden Honeydew, but it steeps up quite a different colour. So I’m thinking the base is changing the taste of this one more than the green rooibos changes the taste of the other.

noms. i like this one. Mango, citrus, sweet tasty delicious.

Shae

At first glance, I thought that said sausage. So glad for you that I was mistaken!

Terri HarpLady

LOL
sounds tasty!

Not My Cup O’ Tea TTB

Mmm, this is lovely! Lupicia really seems to nail their fruity flavors. This one is sweet, luscious mango with just a hint of zippy citrus to keep it from being too cloying. I enjoyed it hot, but I’m guessing it would also be amazing iced. Excited to be adding this to my tea collection for the summer!

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Mango

This is one of the best rooibos teas I have ever drank. Got this with my happy bag purchase, ten teabags. I will buy this the next time I order from Lupicia in a couple of months. The taste of the mango is stronger than that of the citrus. The flavors in this tea just work right. It has just the right amount of savory and the right amount of sweet. It has a very mild rooibos flavor to it. You barely remember you are drinking a rooibos.

I brewed two teabags with approx 14 oz of boiling water for 5 min.

Flavors: Citrus, Mango

tea123

Do you like rooibos?

AllanK

The answer to that is, sometimes. One of my favorite rooibos is Cederberg Harvest Green Rooibos from Simpson and Vail. I often find they are too potent tasting for me but have liked quite a few.