Jardin Sauvage

Rooibos Tea
Citrus, Fruity, Mango, Lime, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “I was pretty sad when I went into the Westfield Mall recently and discovered the Lupicia store was closed! But then when I went to Lupicia’s website recently they say they are relocating to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2802 tasting notes
  • “It is sooooo hot today! We were out running errands for awhile and took a nice walk, but it is really hot. Came home to chores, and needed something refreshing. I have not yet gotten into making...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 813 tasting notes
  • “This is the tea that made me realize that there was more out there in the world of rooibos than typical red rooibos. There was green rooibos and it was pretty darn good! Fruity fruity fruity! ...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #3 (87) Awww goodbye mango :( This is probably my second favourite rooibos tea I’ve ever had. Honey dew is forsure first, and this one is second. It’s just the perfect sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 652 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A non-fermented (oxidized) rooibos tea. Green rooibos is flavored with sweet mangos and citrus fruits.

About Lupicia View company

This is hands down my favorite tea ever. Sweet but not overpowering, the liqueur is beautiful and the smell is divine! I sincerely wish I had a never-ending supply of Jardin Sauvage- an impulse buy at the Lupicia store in San Francisco had me hooked, and I’ve been craving it ever since! It’s perfect if you like sweet teas, but if you’re not big on sweetness in your tea you might be less enthusiastic than I…

Green roobios mango and citrus fruits. You can see the green roobios and the other fruits. It mainly smells like a a tropical tea. I enjoyed the smell. And steeped it up. The taste had a twang to it that I did not like though.

I was first interested in this just by the smell. It’s definitely what I think of when I think “tropical fruits.” Way more so than Lupicia’s normal tropical fruits flavors. At a five minute steep, it brews up an orange-red color, and tastes almost exactly like candied or dried mangos. I found it already sweet and fruity without any additions. The rooibos only got woody if I let it sit for too long or used too much.

I drank this warm, but for kicks, tried it iced and found it equally delicious, but a tad bit less sweet.

2027 tasting notes

I… cold steeped this one, and I’m not really sure what I think of it. It’s certainly refreshing and fruity and almost tastes candy-sweet (no sugar added!). But there’s something about the flavour that makes me pause.

I’m going to have to try this hot as well, just to see what happens. It smells good, and I think the fruit flavours are good, I just think that maybe cold steeping rooibos isn’t quite my favourite.

I think my thanks go to MissB for this. I foolishly didn’t write it on the bag.

Iced 3 tsp 27 OZ / 800 ML

noms. i like this one. Mango, citrus, sweet tasty delicious.

At first glance, I thought that said sausage. So glad for you that I was mistaken!

Terri HarpLady

sounds tasty!

Not My Cup O’ Tea TTB

Mmm, this is lovely! Lupicia really seems to nail their fruity flavors. This one is sweet, luscious mango with just a hint of zippy citrus to keep it from being too cloying. I enjoyed it hot, but I’m guessing it would also be amazing iced. Excited to be adding this to my tea collection for the summer!

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Mango

This is one of the best rooibos teas I have ever drank. Got this with my happy bag purchase, ten teabags. I will buy this the next time I order from Lupicia in a couple of months. The taste of the mango is stronger than that of the citrus. The flavors in this tea just work right. It has just the right amount of savory and the right amount of sweet. It has a very mild rooibos flavor to it. You barely remember you are drinking a rooibos.

I brewed two teabags with approx 14 oz of boiling water for 5 min.

Flavors: Citrus, Mango

Do you like rooibos?

The answer to that is, sometimes. One of my favorite rooibos is Cederberg Harvest Green Rooibos from Simpson and Vail. I often find they are too potent tasting for me but have liked quite a few.

This sample came from greenteafairy. I was pretty excited to try it after loving Lupicia’s Golden Honeydew (also a fruit-flavored green rooibos). There are a couple of teensy pieces of candied fruit mixed in with the rooibos, I assume it’s mango. Dry scent is sweet yet tangy fruit.

Once it’s steeped, this tea smells very tangy and mango-ish. I can also smell citrus, which adds even more tang. Yummy, this one is actually sweeter than I thought it would be given the aroma – I’m not getting a whole lot of tang. It’s very sweet and fruity with lots of mango/peach flavor. The citrus is there a teensy bit, and it seems like lime to me? It’s a bit odd to taste lime with no tartness whatsoever, but I like the dimension it adds. Overall, yum!

Flavors: Fruity, Lime, Mango, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is good when it’s cold brewed too :)

Queued post, written May 25th 2014. This was supposed to have been posted yesterday but I kept getting the kettle page when trying to pull up the tea. Seems like I’ve chosen a good time to take a little step back from Steepster, kettle pages having been rampant lately. Reading Steepster is something I would like to do regularly, but started to feel rather like a chore that I must do combined with a general feeling of detachment. So I’ve stopped. I’m still posting and still writing and still drinking. I’m just not going to be reading much for a while.

Another one from the EU TTB 2. The problem with these French names is I have to look them up to see what they are. To a French speaking person it may be blindingly obvious from the name, but not to me. Therefore I must have looked this up when I had the box and decided it was interesting. Afterwards, however, it often takes me a fairly long time to get around to them because by then I’ve forgotten what they are. (In general, I don’t actually much like those blend names where it doesn’t say anything about what’s in it regardless of language. I don’t even like it in Danish. I’m sure it’s all fanciful and poetic and what not, but I still don’t know what’s in it.)

Following the raspberry hibiscus mint fiasco, however, I figured any was as good as another, so I just pulled something out of the box. This is what I ‘won’.

Unlike the other, this smells lovely. It’s all sweet and caramel-y, perhaps even a bit nutty. After steeping it smells quite nutty and a bit honeyed as well. When I look at the blend, there’s something in it that looks like rooibos, only not red. People always say that green rooibos tastes vastly different, so that might be it.

I’m going to look up what this is.

It is indeed a green rooibos! With mango and citrus. …what? Knowing that it’s there, I can find both. A touch of lemon in the flavour and a smidge of mango in the aftertaste. But before I knew it I wasn’t even anywhere close to identifying either of those two things. It’s quite subtle to begin with. As the cup cools, though, both become more clear.

This is oodles better than the raspberry mint concoction.

I’ve been getting the kettle page a lot too. It’s a bit frustrating, and probably just as well that I do not have a lot to post lately.

Yeah, it was part of what led me to ask myself ‘is this really worth it?’ So I went elsewhere. Have actually done some useful things in the garden today. I’m not a mad keen gardener and I get bored fairly quickly, but I’ve discovered to my vast surprise that there are some small things that I can do.

This is really refreshing iced! Even my non-tea drinking husband likes it that way. ;)

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I read that as Sausage at first lol

LOL! I will always think of it as sausage tea now. :D

Sausage Garden tea, mmmm … :)

I now have a deep wish to own a sausage tree! :9 I can just see it in my head now. It would grow right next to my money tree.

Yes, I need both of those. I could plant them next to my bacon tree and my ham bush.

Oooh, a bacon tree! How exotic. :)

Given that it is summer, I absolutely had to have this iced. Jardin Sauvage was a great tea. I enjoyed the mild rooibos flavor which sat delicately behind the bolder fruity flavors the tea had to offer. The flavor is tropical, with mangoes and various citrus notes. I would recommend drinking it iced and I hardly think it needs sweetener.

I am enamoured with this one!

Yeah, this was the first Lupicia tea I tried. I was just in SF and picked up their sampler box, if the rest of the teas are the same blend quality as this one I will be absolutely thrilled.

I knew I was in real trouble the first Lupicia tea I drank!! I particularly love their oolongs and greens, just so spot on with the flavours…