Jardin Sauvage

Rooibos Tea
Citrus, Fruity, Mango, Lime, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “I was pretty sad when I went into the Westfield Mall recently and discovered the Lupicia store was closed! But then when I went to Lupicia’s website recently they say they are relocating to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2802 tasting notes
  • “It is sooooo hot today! We were out running errands for awhile and took a nice walk, but it is really hot. Came home to chores, and needed something refreshing. I have not yet gotten into making...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 813 tasting notes
  • “This is the tea that made me realize that there was more out there in the world of rooibos than typical red rooibos. There was green rooibos and it was pretty darn good! Fruity fruity fruity! ...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #3 (87) Awww goodbye mango :( This is probably my second favourite rooibos tea I’ve ever had. Honey dew is forsure first, and this one is second. It’s just the perfect sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 652 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A non-fermented (oxidized) rooibos tea. Green rooibos is flavored with sweet mangos and citrus fruits.

About Lupicia View company

Got this as a sample somewhere along the way. I’m having it hot, un sweetened and steeped at 4 minutes at boiling. I’m finding I like green rooibos much more than red. I’m getting a cirtusy aftertaste. Tangerine? It smells a bit like those effervescent vitamin tabs. I’m really not getting any mango here tho. I might wait for this cup to cool and try it again later.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t written a note for this yet, because it’s so confusing. I tried it cold when I was in the US in the fall and it was so ragingly delicious I just had to get it. And then I tried it hot and it was just vile, which made me lose my momentum a little. I sent some samples out to ask tea frens how they felt about it and cteresa has written a couple of helpful reviews; here is one of them: http://steepster.com/cteresa/posts/233978

One of the main reasons I’ve postponed this review, is that it’s so hard for me to pinpoint the flavours. I definitely get a citrus, but sweet, like a really ripe orange. Then there’s an additional layer of sweetness – the supposed mango, I assume, but it’s not entirely mango-like for me. Then again, I’m at a loss figuring out what it really is, and I’m beginning to regret starting this tasting note.

Finally, there’s a beautiful aftertaste of really good ice tea, a very natural flavour that lets you taste both the tea (strangely, as this is a green rooibos and shouldn’t taste like that at all) and the added fruit. There’s even a hint of smooth vanilla that rounds the whole thing off ever so nicely.

To sum it up, I really, really love this iced, but it’s near undrinkable for me hot. I have no idea how to rate that – I mean, I will go through this tin like it’s nothing, but it’s against my principles to highly rate one-trick teas. Aaaah!

I will ponder. Consider this rating temporary.

[From my Lupicia spree at Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, October 2013.]

Iced 8 min or more

Oh, sorry it doesn’t want to show you what it’s capable of when hot…What can I say, I love it both ways!!

I don´t know why but got peach from this. I admit I am totally wrong, but the mango and something else just made me think of peach crazily. This was really lovely iced, and something about the fruits and green rooibos really worked. So much that when I just chanced upon something similar to this (green rooibos but with peach) I grabbed it and think will do it a lot this summer.

Oooh, have you reviewed that one yet?

got to catch up, maybe tomorrow – I added it to the database though, which is a start.

It´s a cheaper version, and the peach is a little bit artificial, but it´s still nice and the 100 grams I got is not going to last the whole summer in my house!

I look forward to reading!

TheTeaFairy sent this one my way and I’ve been saving it for a day when I crave a juice iced tea. Although it’s Rooibos, the tea gods gave us the green kind for those of us folks who don’t care for the red. This has tropical fruit and it’s good but I have to say I will not be rushing out to add this to my cupboard no matter how good. It’s not fruity enough for me. It seems from other tasting notes that cold steeped is better but I made the entire sample with boiling water and iced so there’s none left to try cold brewing. No matter. It’s good but not enough to go to all the trouble and jump through all the lupicia hoops to get it in my cupboard.

Thank you to TheTeaFairy for satisfying my Lupicia curiosity.

I tried this first in a sample and was pretty amazed by it. When I first tasted it, I was perplexed enough by the flavor to have to look it up on the site; it was so sweet and tangy. The citrus flavor is definitely the primary flavor to me, but what got me was that sneaky mango aroma with it. Quite different! I thought it was pretty good, but didn’t think much more of it at the time—until a week later, where I was coming home from a long night at work and suddenly craved it. Now I keep a bag around at all times—it’s very relaxing to drink before sleeping, and the sweet and tanginess of it can really curve the periodic sweet tooth. The flavor definitely may not be for everyone, because it is rather strong. But I’d highly suggest trying it at least once to anyone!

175 °F / 79 °C 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

Interesting – I think this is pretty vile hot, but that it’s an AMAZING tea cold-steeped. The only reason I bought it was because they had iced samples in the store and it was simply too tasty to resist.

This is another sample that TheTeaFairy sent me. Thank you!!!
Once again she chose one that I didn’t even notice. This too is REALLY good. I like red rooibos, I don’t have any problem with it. This one is a fruity green rooibos. It tastes like a tisane to me, I didn’t really get any rooibos at all. It’s a beautiful orange color, mango, fruity, FANTASTIC.
I JUST placed another Lupicia order tonight. I see a 3rd one in my future…. this is insane, but their teas are really good.

This is one of my favouites! Mother buys this all the time and I always try to sneak some out of her tea stash hehe :)

Glad you enjoyed this one too :-)

jump62359 – I’m blaming you for the order I placed tonight :)) wanting to try your favorite Golden Honey Dew somehow ended up as a 13 tea order – and I didn’t include this or the plum oolong – I see another order happening soon…
Fairy – I don’t think that I SHOULD like this, but I do – thank you. :))

Dude, I’ve been going to Lupicia for nearly 10 years because I love them so much. But only now am I venturing out of my usual teas! This, the honey dew, and like 2 or 3 other teas are the only ones I’d purchase. I feel like you’ve already tried more teas from them than I have!
But enjoy the teas! I’ll definitely be looking out for your notes. I’ll see which ones I’ll have to purchase the next time I’m in the City :)

I’ll have to get you to send some of this my way dex…pretty sure i haven’t tried this one. Unless i missed logging it

oh, you inspired me, maybe I will make some of this for later it is really good iced as well!

Sorry Sil, I don’t have this – I got my sample from TheTeaFairy – I also didn’t order it last night. LOL unless another order happens in the next few day….. (Shrug)

Don’t stress dexter….I’m clearly not in need of any tea these days :)

This tea is terribly pretty, which is part of the catch for me, as I store them in glass-lidded, magnetic tins stuck to my fridge door. I’m not sure what the striking little blue petals are, there are yellow petals and little chunks of mango amongst the green roobois. I haven’t had green roobois before . I had a temporary flirtation with red roobois in high school. That was a while ago. A very good while ago.

This tea also smells amazing dry, another draw card. There is mellow citrus but more of something else, like a heady cross between jubes and a dark liquor like brandy.

I brewed it with the kettle slightly off the boil, for the time it took to run some snoseal around the toes of my boots. This is an official measure of tea steeping time. The result was subtle. Too subtle? I popped the infuser back in and left it there while I lured little cups in sequence. Eventually the main thing to come out was orange citrus, it never got woody or bitter. Couldn’t really find the mango at all!

Ha! I use those magnetic tins too :D

Hard won little tins, my god, I had to go to Ikea for those.

This was a bagged offering I grabbed from a tea box a while back, and while I was working on dinner yesterday, figured I’d brew it up.

The dry bag smells nothing like what I was expecting! It smells like lemon cream and is heavenly! I could seriously keep this bag and just like give it a good sniff once in a while. But that’s kind of weird, so I’ll hold off.

The flavor is a sweet creamy lemon, with a touch of mango. It’s very gentle, and just slightly tropical. The rooibos is pretty much a non existent flavor, so this is a delicious caffeine-free/rooibos option for me!

It’s also fantastic iced. Very fresh and refreshing. Yum!

yes, I love this one iced!

Sounds delicious!

Now this is a multiple personality tea! The rest of Anna´s sample and she had warned me she had been baffled by it. I tried this first cold, and cold brewed and sweetened and it was FABULOUS. But Anna had tried it hot and not liked it, but seriously if so good cold how bad could it get when made hot? I decided to try it hot.

And I really really do not like it when made with boiling water. A total Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tea. It is sour somehow (how?!?), there is a very strong peach (it should be mango, mango is what they say but it tastes like peach to me!) flavour bordering on artificial and a orange rind taste (maybe this is the culprit). I truly did not like it

I am going to leave the rating as it was, because a tea should be judged by its optimal brewing method – but if I had to compare I would rate it about 85 when cold brewed and maybe 40 or 50 when brewed hot. Isn´t it weird?

Hahaha, right? It’s so weird. But I guess it’s not too much of a sacrifice to just cold-steep this. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

It is insane, I do not understand at all where the sourness (and it is sour) is coming from or could possibly be.

But it is so lovely cold..

Tell me if you want some more for the summer, by the way – I have a whole bag!

Thanks, but seriously I am want instead to try cold a lot of likely little bits and ends of teas I got here. I want to do a major clear of all those little bits I am hoarding “use what you have” ( getting a lot counter space and tins to air for new teas, though this is dangerous, I am going oh, my teas, my hoard……)

Ugh, I know – I have so much tea to clear out… before I can buy more tea!

My mantra right now is “use what you have” and it´s good, but it´s better for things which do not run out! I am feeling a bit dubious about my sucess when i finish something I love, kinda of rethinking it.

I cant say how accurate this review will be as I mixed one tea bag of the Jardin Sauvage by Lupicia with one large tea bag of Pau D’Arco by Natures Sunshine. I can however state that the Jardin added a nice hint of flavor to the other (which is what I was hoping for). Alone, the Pau D’Arco has a very earthy/barky flavor, which I rather enjoy. However, the Jardin gave it a more warm/tropical flavor. I detected a hint of citrus among other fruit and it complimented my earthy tea very well.

8 min or more

This is a very nice rooibos tea~

The deep-sweet mango flavor complements the rooibos well. It is a mellow fruity flavor that has more presence than the rooibos but it isn’t overpowering.

On a personal note, I like the fruitiness, but I probably wouldn’t want to drink this everyday. It would be nice to drink once in a while, as a treat or break from my other rooibos/herbal teas.