Milk Caramel

Green Tea
Chestnut, Grass, Roasted, Sweet, Caramel, Smoke, Wood, Dark Wood, Earth, Toasty, Cream, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Lupicia

Sweet aroma of milk caramel brings out the comforting aroma of houjicha.

Ingredients: Roasted Green Tea, Almond Flavoring. Contains: Almonds.

(French Lupicia: Caramel au lait.)

About Lupicia View company

Butterscotch: if you like it, you’ll enjoy this tea. Smells like it and tastes like it… well, like toasted butterscotch, and not quite as sweet. There’s quite a bit of flavor here, no focused attention is necessary. Also Crystal, who surprised me with this delicious gift, noted a nutty flavor as well, good call on that subtlety; I’d peg it as hazelnut.

The creamy mouthfeel continues into a lengthy aftertaste, which is quite nice… like breathing butterscotch-caramel.

I’d recommend this tea for folks like me who don’t seek out “sweet” teas but enjoy a little sweetness now and then as long as it’s not all high notes.

This would be good to use as a flavoring for more plain teas, like that nondescript black that you want to use up. So … on the 3rd steep I added some Irish Breakfast that I actually like, and the results are great. Delicious, it cut some of the sweetness and added more interest to the black tea. This would be a great satisfying Saturday breakfast tea, now, like tea with a little sweet roll on the side, without the calories. When added to another tea like this, I’d give this a 90 rating. The strength of the flavor holds up remarkably well.

Mmm, this tea has a nice toasty flavor, just what you’d expect from houjicha. The caramel adds a nice sweet note, and the creamy-ness is an interseting compliment for the green tea.

Caramel and houjicha- I was very skeptical. A friend sent me a sample of this, and it is actually quite good! Probably not something I would re-order, but something interesting for a change of pace. The caramel flavor compliments the houjicha very well, and it makes for a brew that is slightly reminiscent of coffee… in a good way.

Note of bitter grassy/leafy taste. Houjicha is an interesting choice for a flavoured tea. I find that it has a quite unique flavour itself and could use a complement flavouring. This tea tastes mainly like Houjicha with a very faint caramel sweetness note. I think a bit of a stronger caramel flavour would do well here. The Houjicha on its own is quite tasty with fresh roasted tones and light chestnut finish.

Thanks to Sil for sharing with me!

Flavors: Chestnut, Grass, Roasted, Sweet

Fjellrev

Oh nuts, I ordered this one and was looking forward to an ultra caramel flavour. Too bad about the bitterness too.

Raritea

It might be because I didn’t drink this quickly enough or all the delicious flavour bits sank to the bottom. I would definitely be willing to give this one another shot (I still have some sample left too!). The Houjicha in this one was quite nice and carries the tea even with a milder flavour.

I’ve just come to the conclusion that you have to get houjicha just right or else it tastes like trees. Or, apparently, unless you flavor it, as is the case here! I like this! It does taste a little bit like wood, and I’m not really tasting the milk, but I really like the smokey-caramel taste and I’m definitely going to try out more flavored houjichas in the future.

Flavors: Caramel, Smoke, Wood

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I am so happy with this tea, it’s got a yummy smell and taste. It’s got that roasted taste like barley/houjicha that I really like. Very comforting on a stormy not so good night… now where’s my cookies…

From the SanTEA Claus TTB

This is alright, but I don’t love it. It taste like a roasted butterscotch to me, and, while I didn’t have a problem finishing my cup, it’s not something I’d want to purchase.

Really enjoying this tea this morning. It’s so good with almond milk.Makes it supper creamy….yum!

As a reward for working on my cupboard so well, i figured it was time to open up one of the few teas i have that i haven’t managed to try yet. I’ve actually been trying to spend more time on not just working through my older teas, but getting around to trying all my teas on hand so that i know what i want to keep around or restock. I was intrigued enough by this one to buy it, since i’ve had some positive experiences with hojicha, and well, i love caramel :)

My initial few sips of this one made me feel like it wasn’t what i expected it to be. i was looking for more caramel…more..just more. However, i realised shortly after that, that my cup was empty lol. This isn’t deep rich velvety milk caramel, but it is sweet and delicious. I’m a little curious how this would fare as a latte, since it might add to the creaminess. Overall, i’m quite happy with this and i’m going to have fun playing with the rest of my bag! :)

Cameron B.

I wanted more caramel, too! :P

if there’s room i’ll send you a sample of the tea G caramel…. i haven’t had a chance to get envelopes for your swap heh

Cameron B.

Well, if you insist! ;)

Sakura Sushi

I’ve had the English Caramel from Lupicia in the past and found it to be pretty caramel-y. Never actually tried the Milk Caramel to compare the two.

If English is the black base version…then I think I’ve tried it and found it a little lacking too…but then I adore the caramel from tea g. Heh

cookies

By any chance do you have a package with ingredients on it? I e-mailed Lupicia for a list but they haven’t gotten back to me :(

cookies – i do! however all it says is roasted green tea, almond flavours. contains: almonds

cookies

Thanks a ton, Sil!

Kittenna

If I give you puppy eyes could I snag a sample of this if you have enough? puppy eyes

Back to Lupicia! This sample came from Starfevre, thanks dear! I haven’t been the biggest fan of houjicha so far, but I figured a caramel-flavored one might suit me better. The dry leaf is a large variety of sizes, and unbroken and broken leaves. They’re a medium warm brown in color, and there are a couple tiny pieces of brittle or something mixed in. The dry scent is light, sweet caramel with a milky creamy smell.

The steeped aroma is quite roasty and toasty with a lovely sweet creamy caramel smell. The flavor is actually much lighter than I expected, I wonder if I should have steeped it longer. There’s a light roasted flavor along with an even lighter sweet caramel note and a touch of cream. I did add a touch of raw sugar to help being out the caramel even more. Overall, it’s pretty good, but I may use more tea or steep longer next time.

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Roasted, Sweet

Lariel of Lórien

I made my for 3 minutes and it turned out good.

Cheri

This just sounds so good, but I’ve been trending away from flavored teas….