Marron Chocolat

Cocoa, Nuts, Sweet, Chocolate, Vanilla, Bitter, Chestnut, Creamy, Malt, Roasted nuts, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by JMKauftheil

From Lupicia

The sweetness of the chestnut and astringency of its skin bring out the high-quality cocoa flavor.

About Lupicia View company

In celebration of the end of snowstorm Nemo, I decided to try this out. I am glad it stopped snowing! We got about 10 inches of snow. Thank you Lady 0f Spaydes for this sample! I used up the whole bag for my husband and I. My sense of smell isn’t that strong this morning, so I couldn’t smell the dry leaf. But I saw bits of cacao perhaps or bits of brown in there. Maybe it was chocolate or some nut? Once steeped (Western style), I could smell the cacao very strongly, which I love so much! The scent reminded me of Tisano’s Cacao Tea (which is also a very delightful tisane!).

Anyhow, this brewed a nice dark amber brown liquid. I added a few spoons of sugar and a nice amount of milk to tame it a bit. I wish I tried it plain, but I’m sure it tastes great without any additives too. I tasted a hint of nuttiness to this, which could be part of the cacao’s inherent taste. I am not sure. I was yearning for creamy choco goodness, and this was perfect! I wanted to gulp this down because it was just so amazingly good, but I savored it instead… sipping slowing. This is a great tea for a wintry day. Overall, I would buy this tea for sure. I am adding this to my growing wishlist.

An old favorite. Very good for the cold weather, and I brewed this tonight for the first time in months. A bit of milk, a few spoonfuls of sugar, and this tea tastes like a gourmet hot chocolate. I recommend over-steeping it a little, to get the right amount of bitterness, and a good complexity.

Brewed this in my tetsubin-style tea press, in celebration of the cold weather. It wasn’t until I was taking my first sip that I realized I was missing an ingredient – sugar. Of course, there’s none of that in the dorm at all. Maybe I’ll buy some later.

I know I’ve mixed this with Lupicia’s vanilla black tea in the past, but I’ve forgotten how that tasted. I think I also mixed it with Teavana’s Matevana… could be wrong though. It’s been a while. Maybe when I go home, I’ll get some matevana (they still sell it, right?) to mix with this.

Another random question for the night: Are there any known tea allergies? Like, anything about the liquor or spent leaves that becomes airborne? My roommate is having sinus problems, and he’s trying to figure out what’s causing it. He says they usually come when he goes in the kitchen, which is where I brew my tea, and where I trash my used leaves.

takgoti

I’ve never heard of tea allergies, but I’m guessing that it’s possible for people to become allergic to just about anything so it’s a possibility. As for personal anecdotes or any concrete information, I got nothing.

Jillian

I’m thinking it sounds more like a dust or mold issue given that’s it’s respiratory problems he’s having. Maybe check for mold under the sink and other damp areas?

JMKauftheil

heh…
We found some bread that was over a month expired.
Mold up to wazoo. My roommate practically puked.

Wazoo. I’ve never used that word before.

This is one of the first loose leaf teas I purchased, but now I am
drinking my last bit of this tea. Definitely the best chocolate flavored tea I have had yet. Goodbye sweet tea!

I have logging to do from the Victorian Tea Room as well as the Emilie Autumn Tea and Cupcake Social, but I am super exhausted and with school starting this week, I have way too much to do to really spend any time logging.

Before steeping:
Scent- Dark chocolate and chesnut

After Steeping:
Color- Honey
Scent- Nutella and black tea and a hiny of Vanilla

Taste:
Nude- Rich hazelnut, very strong flavoring, though I wish it was a bit thicker, almost like a coffee
With sugar- very chocolaty, with a vauge hnt of vanilla

*Marron Chocolat has a extreamly rich flavor, vry warm and delicious

If you like milky sweet choco-tea, this is the tea for you. I don’t taste the nuttiness as much as I’d like, but I enjoy this as a rare treat nonetheless.

Sometimes I really just want to drink a tea that is unforgivingly sweet and flavorful, without the use of sugary syrups (as would be the case at most boba shops). This tea perfectly fit that need! It’s very chocolatey, and adding a little bit of milk and sugar really brings out the notes of chocolate and tea. As previous comments noted, extra steeping time is helpful to get the most of the flavors. The package says to steep for 3-5 minutes; I’d err on the side of longer than shorter.

I drank this yesterday so I can’t quite bring all the notes to mind but it’s great and I totally want a tin of it. Slightly nutty cocoa. Put more of it in my mouth at once.

Flavors: Cocoa, Nuts, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh, this is delicious. I took a while to make this, and so I’m not certain when I say this, but I’m fairly certain it’s from NayLynn. (I checked the notes, and yes, it’s from NayLynn.) I only just started liking the idea of chocolate teas. I realized that I want more of a cocoa flavor in teas than chocolate flavor, mostly because when I drink it, I don’t want it to taste so much like melted chocolate chips, but the bitter flavor of dark chocolate or even like raw cocoa. There’s a flavor here that’s almost like a malt beverage – not that I really know anything about those.

In any case, I think this is closer to what I want in a tea. Not so much the sweet top notes, but the deeper flavor of the cocoa. I wonder how adding cocoa powder to a tea would affect the flavor of a tea as it brews – not to the hot water, but to the tea bag. I want to roughly grind roasted cocoa beans and add them to an assam tea with clove and chile pepper.

I do like this tea. I enjoyed it more than I thought, but I want more of some flavors and less of others. I want less of a dessert tea and more an ode to bitter cocoa.

I’m not usually a chocolate flavored tea gal. I find most teas that have chocolate flavoring added to them end up tasting like watered down hot chocolate, so I wasn’t expecting much when I steeped this. In fact, I was tempted to set it aside for another day, but I’m glad I didn’t. This sample exceeded all of my chocolate tea expectations.

My thought after steeping this was that it smelled and like a mocha. There was a dark cocoa note and an edge to the tea that reminded me of coffee. I added cream and sugar, and… oh my. This turned into a creamy, rich, chocolaty treat with base notes of cocoa and malt. Delicious! I can honestly day I’ve never enjoyed a chocolate tea more.

Thank you, Naylynn for the sample!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

I’m picky about my chocolate teas, too. Most of them taste thin. :(

Veronica

Yep. I’m also not a fan of the strange artificial flavor that is present in a lot of chocolate teas. This one had none of that!

Nicole

Scratch n’ sniff chocolate is what I call those teas. Blech.

Veronica

Ha! That’s exactly what it is!

This is from the Christmas Card NayLynn sent me. Thank you!

This is a great chocolate tea. The aroma smells so very much like fudge brownies, fresh out of the oven. Taste-wise, it’s not so accurate, and it’s as if something burned…like the very bottom of the brownies having baked too much…but it’s still closer to actual chocolate than other chocolate-flavored teas. If you let the tea sit in your mouth, it begins to resemble dark hot cocoa. Yurmmmm.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

Try it at 200 next time!

ThainofBuckland

Yeah, burnt brownies. I hadn’t thought of it before, but that fits. I like that, though. Not in actual brownies, but in this tea it’s nice.