Marron Chocolat

Chestnut, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Nutty, Nuts, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by JMKauftheil

• “In celebration of the end of snowstorm Nemo, I decided to try this out. I am glad it stopped snowing! We got about 10 inches of snow. Thank you *Lady 0f Spaydes* for this sample! I used up the...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1591 tasting notes
  • “An old favorite. Very good for the cold weather, and I brewed this tonight for the first time in months. A bit of milk, a few spoonfuls of sugar, and this tea tastes like a gourmet hot chocolate. I...” Read full tasting note
    imdeadgoaway 74 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the first loose leaf teas I purchased, but now I am drinking my last bit of this tea. Definitely the best chocolate flavored tea I have had yet. Goodbye sweet tea! I have...” Read full tasting note
    Lady0fSpaydes 47 tasting notes
  • “Before steeping: Scent- Dark chocolate and chesnut After Steeping: Color- Honey Scent- Nutella and black tea and a hiny of Vanilla Taste: Nude- Rich hazelnut, very strong flavoring,...” Read full tasting note
    History_Laced 18 tasting notes

From Lupicia

The sweetness of the chestnut and astringency of its skin bring out the high-quality cocoa flavor.

About Lupicia View company

In celebration of the end of snowstorm Nemo, I decided to try this out. I am glad it stopped snowing! We got about 10 inches of snow. Thank you Lady 0f Spaydes for this sample! I used up the whole bag for my husband and I. My sense of smell isn’t that strong this morning, so I couldn’t smell the dry leaf. But I saw bits of cacao perhaps or bits of brown in there. Maybe it was chocolate or some nut? Once steeped (Western style), I could smell the cacao very strongly, which I love so much! The scent reminded me of Tisano’s Cacao Tea (which is also a very delightful tisane!).

Anyhow, this brewed a nice dark amber brown liquid. I added a few spoons of sugar and a nice amount of milk to tame it a bit. I wish I tried it plain, but I’m sure it tastes great without any additives too. I tasted a hint of nuttiness to this, which could be part of the cacao’s inherent taste. I am not sure. I was yearning for creamy choco goodness, and this was perfect! I wanted to gulp this down because it was just so amazingly good, but I savored it instead… sipping slowing. This is a great tea for a wintry day. Overall, I would buy this tea for sure. I am adding this to my growing wishlist.

An old favorite. Very good for the cold weather, and I brewed this tonight for the first time in months. A bit of milk, a few spoonfuls of sugar, and this tea tastes like a gourmet hot chocolate. I recommend over-steeping it a little, to get the right amount of bitterness, and a good complexity.

Brewed this in my tetsubin-style tea press, in celebration of the cold weather. It wasn’t until I was taking my first sip that I realized I was missing an ingredient – sugar. Of course, there’s none of that in the dorm at all. Maybe I’ll buy some later.

I know I’ve mixed this with Lupicia’s vanilla black tea in the past, but I’ve forgotten how that tasted. I think I also mixed it with Teavana’s Matevana… could be wrong though. It’s been a while. Maybe when I go home, I’ll get some matevana (they still sell it, right?) to mix with this.

Another random question for the night: Are there any known tea allergies? Like, anything about the liquor or spent leaves that becomes airborne? My roommate is having sinus problems, and he’s trying to figure out what’s causing it. He says they usually come when he goes in the kitchen, which is where I brew my tea, and where I trash my used leaves.

takgoti

I’ve never heard of tea allergies, but I’m guessing that it’s possible for people to become allergic to just about anything so it’s a possibility. As for personal anecdotes or any concrete information, I got nothing.

Jillian

I’m thinking it sounds more like a dust or mold issue given that’s it’s respiratory problems he’s having. Maybe check for mold under the sink and other damp areas?

JMKauftheil

heh…
We found some bread that was over a month expired.
Mold up to wazoo. My roommate practically puked.

Wazoo. I’ve never used that word before.

This is one of the first loose leaf teas I purchased, but now I am

I have logging to do from the Victorian Tea Room as well as the Emilie Autumn Tea and Cupcake Social, but I am super exhausted and with school starting this week, I have way too much to do to really spend any time logging.

Before steeping:
Scent- Dark chocolate and chesnut

After Steeping:
Color- Honey
Scent- Nutella and black tea and a hiny of Vanilla

Taste:
Nude- Rich hazelnut, very strong flavoring, though I wish it was a bit thicker, almost like a coffee
With sugar- very chocolaty, with a vauge hnt of vanilla

*Marron Chocolat has a extreamly rich flavor, vry warm and delicious

If you like milky sweet choco-tea, this is the tea for you. I don’t taste the nuttiness as much as I’d like, but I enjoy this as a rare treat nonetheless.

Sometimes I really just want to drink a tea that is unforgivingly sweet and flavorful, without the use of sugary syrups (as would be the case at most boba shops). This tea perfectly fit that need! It’s very chocolatey, and adding a little bit of milk and sugar really brings out the notes of chocolate and tea. As previous comments noted, extra steeping time is helpful to get the most of the flavors. The package says to steep for 3-5 minutes; I’d err on the side of longer than shorter.

I got to try this one at the store. (The tea name is French, and I like it.)

Scent- nutty, cocoa. Flavour- creamy, chocolate, a nice nuttiness. Kinda reminds of Nutella, but a chestnut version. It also reminds me of this really good chestnut/chocolate torte I made in a baking class. Very good, and much better on the hot side.

Flavors: Chestnut, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Nutty

Ost

Mm that sounds so good! Didn’t even know they had this tea. I’ll have to get it next time I order or go to the store. :O

Stephanie

Ooooh I want to try this one some day :D

This is the 3rd of 4 dessert like teas from Lupicia that Dexter sent me. The last one is Chocolate and Strawberry Puer, which is likely to get me going tomorrow. Anyway…

This is a nice tea…it’s a little nutty, a little sweet, and there’s a hint of chocolate. It smells really good dry! I made this with a little cane sugar and milk today, but I think it might be better without the milk, so I’ll try it that way first, next time, and decide if I like it better with milk.

I’d say so far, I’m liking all of the Lupicia teas I have had, though the blacks have been the best so far. This is another one I wouldn’t mind having around regularly.

Dexter

LOL my “keep” list just keeps growing as I try them.

Amariel

Yeah, some good stuff for sure! I’ll probably branch out to the fruity next…but I might try one of the other teas next, in between the fruity and desserty/nutty. Maybe one of the HP ones?

Chesnut flavoring always smells a bit weird to me, so this tea definitely has that smell… and I’m finding it comforting. I wish there were more chocolate in here than just at the end of the sip, and it’s very much a milk, light chocolate flavor. The chestnuts come through in the flavor as well, although I doubt I’d know if someone didn’t tell me. Still, really creamy, vanilla-y, kinda roasty (almost) and comforting. I can see myself ordering more of this eventually.

Yay for Lupicia orders, and for having a tea mule to grab packages for me across the border from my box over there! :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts, Vanilla

Marzipan

Tea mule – you are so funny.

Amariel

I have this one to try. It looks interesting, for sure.

Anyone who enjoys chestnuts would enjoy this tea. It has a truly impressive chestnut flavor. Rich and delicious. Plus, as if that was not enough, there is a chocolatey warmth that really rounds out the cup. Thank you Dustin for sending some of this my way.

Hmm, sounds intriguing.