Fruit Oolong Blend
Candy, Cherry, Floral, Flowers, Plums, Smooth, Cherry Blossom, Coconut, Vegetal, Perfume, Thick, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

• “Backlog + Sipdown Back from my vacation to Utah! Ate lots of food, hiked around Zion national park and went to the Brazilian Jiujitsu school there a couple times (to blow steam off from being stuck...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1154 tasting notes
  • “I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while. Of course, it’s also been chilling in my cupboard for a while. Today is the day to break the cycle and finally try it out! Part of the reason I...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 618 tasting notes
  • “I got to sample this thanks to Amy oh! :) I somehow decided to try this first. I have an idea. We need a campaign against crappy tea bags. This is an example of what tea bags should be like. It...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes
  • “I spent the morning editing a loooooong document and just as I stopped for a break my latest order from Lupicia turned up at the door, so I decided to take that as a hint and went to make some...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A Taiwanese Oolong tea, lightly flavoured by French Mirabelle plums and garlanded with rose, marigold, and mallow petals. Sweet and fruity taste. Kotobuki is Japanese for celebrations.

(French Lupicia: Mirabelle.)

About Lupicia View company

Appearance: large “kernel” oolong, two toned green, deep purpleish pink petals
Aroma when Dry: sticky sweet desert floral, almost gooey
After water is first poured: floral icing
At end of steep: subtle sweet fruity notes, powdery
Tea liquor:
At end of first steep: transparent light green
Staple? No
Time of day preferred: unsure, first tasting
At first: jammy, sweet berry, slightly sticky
As it cools? plum syrupy notes start showing
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Yes, very sweet, cloying jammyness, violet notes show

OH MY! It sounds soooo good to me. Then again sometimes I do really go for those overly sweet cloying teas :)

That does sound delicious, Azzrian! But to each their own, I guess.

This is the tea I drank this morning… Sorry I’m a little late!

Let me start off by saying I’m always hesitant to drink flavored oolongs-they’re so complex and can change so much and so many of them are beautiful on their own, so I’m always a little careful when drinking flavored ones.

That said, this is done very well. This was another sample my friend Bella gave me (bless her soul), and I can see why she loves it! The plum isn’t really too tart or present. It provides a bright sweetness that sort of stirs in the background behind the tea and the other ingredients. The flowers add such a nice light and floral taste, and I LOVE it!

My one complaint (it’s my fault)-I made it in my Noble mug and drank it for a while with the cap off. However, once I got in the car to go to school, I put the cap on and it was left on for little while-this did not do too many wonders for the tea. After a little while with the cap on, the tea started to develop that plastic-y taste that happens with low quality jasmines. That, however, was my fault, and I won’t make the mistake again!

We did miss you Ian!

The oolong is buttery and smooth, with no astringency at all. There’s a hint of rose and the plum taste is likewise smooth without any sour or “bright” flavor that things like hibiscus and citrus impart. I give this to my friends who have had bad experiences and are afraid of tea being ‘bitter.’

The fragrance of the tea is very strong and perfume-y. I have tried it plain, with milk+sugar, and made into ice cream (I steeped it in the hot milk/cream.) The dairy suits the buttery finish of the oolong, and I find that with sugar and dairy, the plum and rose tastes are complimented and come out much stronger, while tea’s floral notes and oolong flavor fade into the background.

Nice Oolong base, high quality and smooth as the Lupicia Teas tend to be. It’s very nice and interesting but I had to read the write-up about this tea to realize it was a Plum flavouring. It’s nice, certainly, but it’s not a very strong flavour – just a slight tinge to add to a good Oolong base. A very straightforward tea – a tad underwhelming maybe, but still solid.

I must say this oolong doesn’t do a whole lot for me, which is a shame since I’ve adored their other flavored oolongs in the past. The plum flavor is definitely subtle to the point of being barely identifiable in the mix; mostly this just tastes like a nice quality oolong, something to drink with food when you’re not really primed to notice what you’re drinking. I’m not too mad since I got this for 30% off (I didn’t even know Lupicia did random sales like that…reason enough to make the trek to the Century City location), but if you’re there looking for a good fruity oolong I’d say go with Lupicia’s pineapple or melon oolong.

Sipdown (119)!

Finishing this one off tonight in my little cloud pot that I got today. My birthday present from my incredible tea twin VariaTEA! Check it out:

It’s so fun and whimsical; it reminds me greatly of LoZ. Not entirely sure why, but that’s definitely what I’m going to be associating it with mentally. Now to cross my fingers that VariaTEA’s present makes it to her tomorrow – ‘cause I just realized her actual birthday is Sunday; and no bloody post on Sundays! I really, really hope you’ll like it as much as I’m loving this pot.

I only did a couple infusions of this one; and they pretty much tasted the same – like my first experience with this one (Western style) but with a little bit more of an apparent base. It was so good! This one is immediately going back onto my wishlist; it’s probably the best plum tea I’ve ever had!

And the cloud pot is perfect; really easy to pour out of and easy to handle! I’m glad I got a chance to use it today – even if I didn’t take the time to do a ‘proper’ session with it.

Yay! I love my pot as well. Just be careful once you start doing longer steeps as it holds the heat and the little finger-spots can get burny.

I wanted an oolong this afternoon and this one won out. I decided to try it gong fu-style, which was fun, but I think I like it better brewed western style. Western style brings out the fruit flavor, whereas, gong fu brings out the floral. So, if you’re a lover of floral, take note!

The Cookie Lady sent this along in the Cooking TTB for me. =)

Oolong. Plums. Floral.

I love it when I can tell the type of tea when it’s a flavored tea. This tea’s plum note is not really candied, or salted or even fresh plums. It’s reminiscent of plums, but the overall is very floral. I really like it! The oolong base is smooth, and although light, is still evident in the sip. It’s not at all drying or astringent. This one is definitely going on my shopping list.

So I took a look at the recipe list so far, and most all of my tea recipes are already listed! Looks like I should probably do some experimenting.

Finally getting around to trying the last few samples that The Cookie Lady sent me a while back. I believe this is the first tea I’ve tried from Lupicia and I am seriously impressed! This is quite possibly the most flavorful oolong tea I’ve ever tried…lots of rich fruity plum flavor balanced by just a touch of floral. And then there’s that wonderful silky oolong texture…So glad I got to try this one!

Flavors: Floral, Plums, Smooth

You should try jingle bells and napa blanc!

Cameron B.

Melon Oolong! And Ripe Mango Oolong! :D

Oh dear…don’t tempt me! I’ve purchased WAY too much tea recently and I need to sip down some of what I have before I buy more. (Of course, if one of you is wanting to swap samples of some of those, that’s a different story! :D )

From the Cooking TTB

I’ve been so impressed with all of the Lupicia teas I’ve tried so far, and this one is no exception. The oolong flavour and the plum and floral mingle perfectly. The fragrance is a little cloyingly floral, but in a way that I’m finding quite pleasant. Like being in an orchard in full bloom rather than floral perfume. I know there’s rose in here but the floral comes out almost more like lilac or cherry blossom. The plum note is lovely.

On the finish some grassy vegetal and coconut notes from the oolong base linger.

The second cup is pretty good with a nice, long steep, but not as nice as the first.

Flavors: Cherry Blossom, Coconut, Floral, Plums, Vegetal