Black Fruit Blend
Candy, Cream, Earth, Strawberry, Wood, Sweet, Vanilla, Artificial
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “I could not resist this tin the last time I was in Lupicia. It was so pretty. Lupicia has the prettiest specialty tins. I dearly love a strawberry and vanilla tea. I dont really associate it...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1233 tasting notes
  • “And it’s another free teabag! This smells like Strawberry Quik. I think I’ve said that about another Lupicia Strawberry thing. A green tea one maybe. Out of curiosity (and to compare...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Yay! My monthly "magazine" arrived with a sample of this inside. This is yummy. It reminds me a lot of Strawberry and Vanilla from Lupicia – especially the aroma of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4825 tasting notes
  • “One of my Christmas present requests was the Lupicia sampler that had all their holiday teas. I love that they don’t go with the traditional holiday flavors like peppermint, orange and...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Tea flavored with strawberry and vanilla and elegantly decorated with rose petals.

From their Nov 2010 newsletter: “It is a delicious tea straight but is also delightful with milk. Just brew a strong cup of CAROL and add several tablespoons of warm milk and top with milk for a cafe style winter treat.”

About Lupicia View company

The very last untried Lupicia holiday tea! The tin features a trio of children – one singing, one playing a harp, and one playing an oboe or clarinet. Love the stained glass style art on these! The tea itself appears to be the mix of whole leaf and CTC that Lupicia uses in a lot of their flavored blacks. There are also pieces of red rose petals and small coconut shreds. Dry scent reminds me of those strawberry candies with the juice centers that are wrapped in the strawberry printed plastic.

Once steeped, the tea smells of strawberry candy and french vanilla ice cream. Hmm… This one is just okay. I can actually taste the base tea more than the flavoring, and it’s a somewhat earthy and woody black tea. There’s just a little bit of strawberry candy flavor and a tiny touch of cream. Meh!

Flavors: Candy, Cream, Earth, Strawberry, Wood

I’m not really tasting the candy that the notes suggest, but this is probably the best strawberry tea I’ve ever had. The taste is just really fresh strawberry. I think the scent is really where the vanilla-creamy notes are; it smells just as strawberry as it tastes, but it’s sweeter.

This was a sample with my order of White Christmas (that’s sort of a yearly tradition with me now), and now that I’ve had it, I wish they sold this year-round, because I’d love to try it as an iced tea in the summer. Maybe next year I’ll stock up.

Flavors: Strawberry, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Such a pleasant tea. Mellow strawberry and subtle vanilla cream flavors – fun yet refined. Although as a Westerner, these flavors evoke more of a springtime mood, I understand that for the Japanese, these flavors are associated with special occasions and holidays so it makes sense as a seasonal tea. I’d enjoy this tea any time of year.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Thanks for the sample Cameron B!

This is pleasing to me today. I learned I enjoy Lupicia black teas brewed at 200 degrees instead of boiling. Tastes like strawberry candy in a good way :)

Cameron B.

Ooh, I still need to try this one! And I always brew blacks at 200 degrees, I’m paranoid. :P

Dustin

I have been doing the same. 200 for 3 minutes. Lupicia has the weirdest steeping suggestions. All greens at boiling?! Do they really drink it like that?!

Stephanie

Yeah, that’s whack.

The fruity flavors seem to come out more in the first few minutes of steeping. Once you’ve past the 2 minute threshold the black tea starts taking over. I think ive got a good blend at 2:15. It has a slight woodsy taste, the black tea that it. I’m not tasting much vanilla though so the tea bag is going back in.

Ah 30 seconds in and I’m tasting it a bit more but still not as much as I’d like. It’s also starting to lose it’s fruityness and becoming more woodsy. So out it comes again. Fir good this time.

I’ll be honest though…. I bought it for the tin… so cute.

Dustin

I wonder if the decaf version would taste or steep any differently.

Skysamurai

My guess would be yes because of the process they go through to make the tea have less caffeine

Cameron B.

I have both, I’ll let you know! :P

My hubby bought me the Lupicia holiday sampler as a super early birth-mas present and this was the first tea I went straight for (after playing with the music box of course) since I have an all day work meeting and I need a tasty pick me up to keep me both awake and engaged . Although I can taste the vanilla I’m really not getting much strawberry… But maybe I should blame my coffee cup instead of the tea… Ok, I can’t rate this tea based upon potential coffee contaminants… Guess I’m going to have to wait til I get home for a real fix.

Huh, strawberry! I thought I was smelling cherry. The first few sips seemed a little bitter. I can smell the similarity with their other strawberry teas and it has that particular base flavor like their Cookies and Sweet Potato. I think I get a little rose in the aftertaste. When I add sugar, the strawberry really comes out. The creaminess is really nice on the end with the strawberry. I like this, but not enough to run out and buy when I have so much else.

I do appreciate the sample in the Lupicia newsletter!

I got this as a free sample with the magazine, which seems like a common occurrence. Unlike some of the samples I’ve gotten this way, this tea sounded right up my ally so I made it immediately.

Carol doesn’t taste like Christmas to me beyond that I think it would make a good crowd pleaser at a party. The strawberry and cream notes are mellow and inoffensive, but definitely present in the background; nothing about it blows me away, but nothing stands out as particularly bad either. I like it just fine.

Well, It’s a good thing I didn’t have high hopes for this tea, because this totally reminds me of Momoko. They can do Strawberry flavors…but vanilla…I don’t know, it just tastes incredibly fake to me. xD I’m really not a fan of this one. >

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Strawberry

Got this as a sample with the latest newsletter and figured I should try it before I make my Lupicia run for the holiday teas. ;) I dont really get why this is a holiday tea as strawberry and vanilla don’t scream Christmas to me, but it turns out this is quite cozy. The vanilla makes it very creamy. The strawberry is very mild. I liked it! So, I guess I better add it to the ever growing list! I think I’ll get the decaf version, as I’m enjoying having tea in the evenings since the weather has gotten colder.

Inkling

Mmm, this sounds like a great year-round blend!

Dkcox50

Yum Yum! One of my Must-Have’s for a seasonal purchase from Lupicia! I didn’t get my newsletter yet with the sample. :(