Ripe Mango Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Floral, Fruity, Mango, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This tea, this tea, this tea. I know exactly when I first made it, how cool the counter was against my fingertips, where we went for dinner that day, what the text message I wrote just then said...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 74 for the year 2014. A teabag from the work stash. (Oolong in a bag just seems weird to me because of leaf expansion and all.) But wow. After yesterday's not particularly...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “I am so behind on my tasting notes, this is from 3 days ago! I think it just slipped my mind, so I suppose I should dive back in. This was in my box from *LiberTEAS*, which yes I am still digging...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “In one word, *delicious* _delicious_ ~delicious!~ I don't have much time to type, so in short, this reminds me of a mango version of Golden Moon's Coconut Pouchong. I love it! Got this free...” Read full tasting note
    StephL535 314 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Quality Taiwanese oolong tea scented with lusciously ripe mangos.

About Lupicia View company

Huge, full, twisted leaves of Taiwanese green oolong with just the right amount of succulent mango flavor. Soft, creamy mouthfeel and chewy texture that stands up to multiple brews (the mango flavor starts to fade after a couple brews, but you’re left with a pretty tasty pouchong after that.)

I got the teabag version of this tea. It has a good fruity scent and a nice orange green liquid. This tea has a mild fruity floral flavor. I like the way the tea looks inside the teabag. It looks like they put real tea and not the dust stuff I see in some teabag teas.

I was hugely disappointed with this tea. I love mangos, and this tea smells amazingly like the ones I used to get at my grandma’s house. But something about it tastes off to me. There’s an odd chemical tinge that reminds me I had this same experience with their Takibi, but the chemical edge is harsher here, and harder to ignore.

The tea still smells good when brewed up, if a bit subdued, but the flavoring can’t compete at all with that chemical taste. I did try letting this tea sit to let the flavors settle, but it was still unpleasant.

And I just realized this was my 100 tasting note! Hard to believe I’ve tried that many teas. How did that happen?

Tastes good. Smells better. Would make great potpourri if it weren’t so expensive and difficult to get in this country. Very pleasant to drink.

Another sample from greenteafairy. I’ve been itching to try this one after loving their Melon Oolong so much, and considering mango is one of my favorite fruits. The base tea of this one looks like a pouchong, similar to their Mountain Grape Oolong. There was one little yellow flower petal in my sample. Dry scent is very sweet and fruity, and definitely of the mango persuasion.

Mm, once steeped the tea retains its sweet mango aroma, although there is a touch of floral now as well. Yum, this is a good one. The mango flavor is sweet and juicy, and the oolong base is substantial but not overpowering the flavor. There is a bit of a floral note, but I think I could probably lessen that by using more tea and a shorter steep. Overall, mango yum!

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Mango, Sweet

Kittenna

I covet this one greatly. And just saw the Lupicia has free shipping in the US. Yikes! :P

OMGsrsly

They ship to Canada as well, and IIRC it’s not too terribly expensive. I think Dexter did an order.

Kittenna

WHY YOU TELL ME THIS?! D:

This + rainymood.com + physiology research proposal.

Great combination.

P.S. These oolongs from Lupicia are truly the bees knees. I’m not generally a green oolong kind of gal, but when the mood strikes, they are quite delightful. The light, yet apparent, perfectly mango flavouring paired with the light oolong base works so well.

Cameron B.

Yum, I want! :D

And this tea!
Ugh. I am sooo glad that I bought this one in my Lupica order! It’s absolutely amazing I tell you!!
I took it to work in my tumbler and it was perfume-y and fruity. It was just delicious!
Was very sad when I finished the tea at work too D: It made my morning wonderful! Goodness…I just really love this tea. xD

Cameron B.

Sounds like it should be higher than a 75! :P

Ost

Haha wow I didn’t even realize that I had rated this low, and clearly forgot to change the rating. I should change it right now haha! I didn’t even catch that, thanks! XD

Marzipan

Don’t make me get out of bed to do a last minute order.

Ost

Haha it would be totally worth it, Marz! But they will probably have another free shipping offer again soon. Maybe for black friday?

Zack S.

Do they do the Free Shipping offer frequently?

Marzipan

It was sold out in the tins, so fate settled it for me.

Ost

Zach S., I have no idea. But you never know!
That’s a bummer, Marzipan, better luck next time? Definitely worth the try!

Having this tea again and again steeped it overnight in the fridge. I may have overleafed it (really hard to tell how much is enough when steeping in a pitcher and not my normal mug) and I’m having it unsweetened. I was eating a really sweet muffin with it for my first cup and the tea was perfect, but without the sweet it looses a little of that perfection. The aftertaste is a perfume like oolong flavor, which is nice. Still not in love with it, but it is really good.

mmmm almost all gone. I’m going to try cold brewing the last of this just to see how it compares to the hot brew. still though, great tea to have this morning with delicious breakfast and quite time with my other half heh

2031 tasting notes

I was pleased to see this tea in my Happy Bag from Lupicia this year. It’s always been one that I have been curious about. I love mangos, I love oolongs, and Lupicia tends to do a good job with flavored oolongs. I think that I have actually drank this once since I got it but I never wrote a tasting note for it.

There is something about the scent of the brewed tea that is really familiar, but I can’t quite place it. This seems to be more of a pouchong (long wiry leaves) than a rolled high mountain oolong like many of their other flavored ones. The flavor on this is quite good. It’s a bit mango hi-chews, which are some of the best mango candy that I’ve ever had. That still means its a bit more candy than fresh mango, but fresh fruit is difficult to capture in a tea. Then again, maybe if I had tried a ripe mango fresh from a market in southeast Asia, maybe I would tell a different story. Still, this is very nice and the oolong does add a freshness to it. Overall I am glad I have it around.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
TeaBrat

oh no, did I miss the happy bags?

Indigobloom

This sounds interesting. I’ve never had a mango oolong blend

Dinosara

TeaBrat: this is from the happy bag that I got back in January for New Years… Just getting around to it now for most of the teas. :P

OMGsrsly

Oh, mango hi-chews are great! I actually found mango tic-tacs today, but they’re a bit… soapy.