Melon White Tea

Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, White Tea
Cucumber, Sweet, Baked Bread, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Melon, Candy, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

From Lupicia

White tea from Fujian province is scented with succulent and sweet melon.

About Lupicia View company

Waiting for Verizon all day (9 to 5 window, obviously now closer to 5) as our FIOS box thing is beeping non stop. The beeping is really loud and annoying. Also annoying, waiting for them to come fix it as I can’t work on a few things while I wait.

Need tea to keep cool. This one is super honeydew melony! I took this tea with me to Utah and it preformed very well under unknown water temperature and steep time.

This white should be lo-caf enough for the evening. Lupicia are just too good – whenever I open this bag, I have an instant, irrational, want-to-turn-around-and-check, ‘But where is the melon hiding?’ type reaction. It’s just that melony. I honestly can’t think of anything that could make this better or more melon-esque.

And to continue my general praise of Lupicia, I think I could probably pour 300C water on their most delicate teas and let them steep for five minutes and they would still taste good. I mean – every single tea I love of theirs have boiling/1.5-minute steeping instructions. And they taste fresh, natural and amazing.

I swear they’re not paying me to say this. It’s more like I’m paying them, and I still say this.

(Lupicia, I love you.)

Cavocorax

Excellent! I just placed my first order and now I’m even more excited!

Anna

Oh, was that the one where a bunch of you ordered together and they were out of Cookie?

keychange

How do you feel this compares to the melon oolong?

__Morgana__

Here here. This one is excellent.

__Morgana__

Or hear hear, even. Geesh.

Anna

Oh, just be honest, Morgana – you were trying to lure my melon tea over there.

__Morgana__

Well, you definitely caught me on that one…

Pfff!

Cavocorax

Yeah it was! But we ended up with a bunch of other exciting ones so I’m not too upset about it. :P

also…. Katiek was awesome…and she sent me a WHOLE BAG of cookie teabags… so cavo will get to try cookie after all with me :)

Anna

No, don’t be – I think it’s always best to have a good excuse to order again and again and again.

Was this one in the order, or was it the melon oolong?

kitenna and cavocorax split melon oolong.

Anna

Aww, that’s awesome! I am so, so curious about what else you got now. Totally living vicariously through other people’s Lupicia orders here, haha.

This is such a lovely ice tea. I mean, it’s practically melon juice – I can barely taste the tea in this – but mix it up with some milk and tapioca pearls and it is a perfect summer drink!

Right now, in the middle of November, it’s still quite nice when it is hot and milkless. Today I totally oversteeped it – I put the tea leaves in, went upstairs to watch a documentary about Haunted Savannah, and came running down the steps half an hour later to save my tea – and it tastes fine. It’s as honeydew-sweet as ever, with just the slightest bitterness from the overheated white tea leaves, but that only serves to help balance the flavor even more. Yum yum yum, it’s like a taste of summer.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more
Jillian

It’s rare to find a white tea that’s that forgiving of over-steeping. And it sounds delicious too! :)

I’ve had this up in the cabinet for a while, and since I used up the rest of my strawberry vanilla green tea, I thought I should open up another tea to replace it. This is very good. It has a nice, strong honeydew melon flavor. I don’t taste even a tinge of cantelope, this one is pure honeydew. If you brew a second infusion, the tea flavor comes forth some.

I think this would be a great tea to drink iced, and I plan on having a lot of it this summer.

I just have to decide whether to get this tea or the white melon from Golden Moon.

So my friend from Japan came down and brought this tea with him. Melon tea… i was weary at first but wow is this good! Not as much tea flavor as melon, like ripe honeydew naturally sweet this is like something you would get yourself for a nice treat, perfect in spring and summer. I’m going to steal some from him now just don’t tell him.

The light white tea is the perfect base for this. If you want something refreshing light and delicious this is for you. If you don’t hear from me i probably had an overdose of melon tea lol

Azzrian

lol this sounds beautiful.

Caitlyn

It was amazing very odd for a tea but soo good!

This may be one of the best teas I’ve ever tried. It is glooorrriooouuuus.

Had it at the usual White Tea temperature despite the package suggesting I should put it in boiling water. It tastes like what life is all about. The melon is very flavoursome, the smell is amazing and the taste matches very closely. I thought I loved the Melon White Tea from The Republic of Tea but this one is like the plussed-up version of it. It’s so smooth and fantastic. It also has quite an ability for re-steeping, I made 4 cups with only 1 1/2 teaspoons. That’s good as it was quite expensive compared to the usual Lupicia teas, mote like $13 for 50 g rather than $6. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Drop whatever you’re doing and go buy this tea, right now!

Got this tea in a swap with Zach S. a couple weeks back. I figured since I loved Honeydew and Melon Oolong, I should try Melon White also. Just so I will have tried all of the melon type teas from Lupicia.
While Golden Honeydew and Melon Oolong taste pretty similar, this one is actually quite different.
The dry leaf smell smells a lot like Melon Oolong, which is nice.
But as for flavor, it doesn’t really taste like either of those other teas. :(
In fact, it tastes a lot like Republic of Tea’s Honeydew, that reminded me of cucumber water. xD Except this tea is a lot lighter and less sweet than RoT’s Honeydew. :S So yeah…not a huge fan of this one.
Glad I tried it though! Think I will be passing this one off to someone else. :S

Flavors: Cucumber, Sweet

Sipdown!

Ah, this is lovely. Light, fresh, juicy, melon & cucumber. Sweet smelling but less so on the palate. The finish is melon and cucumber, very light.

When I’m not up to my eyeballs in tea, I’ll have to place a Lupcia order. This is fantastic.

Flavors: Cucumber, Melon, Sweet

Sipdown (152/158)!

My cupboard has jumped up again, though thankfully not by too much. Today before leaving for work I received a few teas from Dexter in the mail as well as the SSTTB! So Dex’s teas inflated my numbers a little bit (they’re all very reasonable samples though, thankfully). And I’m really excited about the tea box! I’ve never participated in one before so this is definitely really exciting for me! And I definitely have a few ideas in mind of what I can add to it!

However back to this tea; the sample comes courtesy of VariaTEA (I’m 95% sure)! It smelled awesome and I flip flopped on how to prepare it but ultimately I settled on cold brewed for the convenience. I do not regret the choice! This was so strongly melon flavoured, though for me it was definitely in a more candy like way instead of a more natural one. But good quality candy; not artificial or chemical tasting or anything like that. In addition to the juicy melon notes it reminded me an awful lot of bubblegum slush puppies. And I mean “slush puppies” (like Slurpee…) because the bubble gum flavour in those was always a little different than actual bubble gum stuff. It was sweeter.

So definitely VERY good! I enjoyed having this at work today greatly because the store really heated up significantly while they were waxing the floors tonight. This was cool and thirst quenching. I’d absolutely drink it again!

Flavors: Candy, Melon

I love this tea and i’ll miss it, but at least I have the melon oolong version over at *Sil*’s house! I just need to rescue it. :P

Hahaha yes you do…..