Melon White Tea

Fruit White Blend
Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, White Tea
Flowers, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “Waiting for Verizon all day (9 to 5 window, obviously now closer to 5) as our FIOS box thing is beeping non stop. The beeping is really loud and annoying. Also annoying, waiting for them to come...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 936 tasting notes
  • “This white should be lo-caf enough for the evening. Lupicia are just too good - whenever I open this bag, I have an instant, irrational, want-to-turn-around-and-check, _'But where is the melon...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “This is such a lovely ice tea. I mean, it's practically melon juice - I can barely taste the tea in this - but mix it up with some milk and tapioca pearls and it is a perfect summer...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 121 tasting notes
  • “I've had this up in the cabinet for a while, and since I used up the rest of my strawberry vanilla green tea, I thought I should open up another tea to replace it. This is very good. It has a...” Read full tasting note
    fcmonroe 251 tasting notes

From Lupicia

White tea from Fujian province is scented with succulent and sweet melon.

About Lupicia View company

Waiting for Verizon all day (9 to 5 window, obviously now closer to 5) as our FIOS box thing is beeping non stop. The beeping is really loud and annoying. Also annoying, waiting for them to come fix it as I can’t work on a few things while I wait.

Need tea to keep cool. This one is super honeydew melony! I took this tea with me to Utah and it preformed very well under unknown water temperature and steep time.

This white should be lo-caf enough for the evening. Lupicia are just too good – whenever I open this bag, I have an instant, irrational, want-to-turn-around-and-check, ‘But where is the melon hiding?’ type reaction. It’s just that melony. I honestly can’t think of anything that could make this better or more melon-esque.

And to continue my general praise of Lupicia, I think I could probably pour 300C water on their most delicate teas and let them steep for five minutes and they would still taste good. I mean – every single tea I love of theirs have boiling/1.5-minute steeping instructions. And they taste fresh, natural and amazing.

I swear they’re not paying me to say this. It’s more like I’m paying them, and I still say this.

(Lupicia, I love you.)

Cavocorax

Excellent! I just placed my first order and now I’m even more excited!

Anna

Oh, was that the one where a bunch of you ordered together and they were out of Cookie?

keychange

How do you feel this compares to the melon oolong?

__Morgana__

Here here. This one is excellent.

__Morgana__

Or hear hear, even. Geesh.

Anna

Oh, just be honest, Morgana – you were trying to lure my melon tea over there.

__Morgana__

Well, you definitely caught me on that one…

Pfff!

Cavocorax

Yeah it was! But we ended up with a bunch of other exciting ones so I’m not too upset about it. :P

also…. Katiek was awesome…and she sent me a WHOLE BAG of cookie teabags… so cavo will get to try cookie after all with me :)

Anna

No, don’t be – I think it’s always best to have a good excuse to order again and again and again.

Was this one in the order, or was it the melon oolong?

kitenna and cavocorax split melon oolong.

Anna

Aww, that’s awesome! I am so, so curious about what else you got now. Totally living vicariously through other people’s Lupicia orders here, haha.

This is such a lovely ice tea. I mean, it’s practically melon juice – I can barely taste the tea in this – but mix it up with some milk and tapioca pearls and it is a perfect summer drink!

Right now, in the middle of November, it’s still quite nice when it is hot and milkless. Today I totally oversteeped it – I put the tea leaves in, went upstairs to watch a documentary about Haunted Savannah, and came running down the steps half an hour later to save my tea – and it tastes fine. It’s as honeydew-sweet as ever, with just the slightest bitterness from the overheated white tea leaves, but that only serves to help balance the flavor even more. Yum yum yum, it’s like a taste of summer.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more
Jillian

It’s rare to find a white tea that’s that forgiving of over-steeping. And it sounds delicious too! :)

I’ve had this up in the cabinet for a while, and since I used up the rest of my strawberry vanilla green tea, I thought I should open up another tea to replace it. This is very good. It has a nice, strong honeydew melon flavor. I don’t taste even a tinge of cantelope, this one is pure honeydew. If you brew a second infusion, the tea flavor comes forth some.

I think this would be a great tea to drink iced, and I plan on having a lot of it this summer.

I just have to decide whether to get this tea or the white melon from Golden Moon.

So my friend from Japan came down and brought this tea with him. Melon tea… i was weary at first but wow is this good! Not as much tea flavor as melon, like ripe honeydew naturally sweet this is like something you would get yourself for a nice treat, perfect in spring and summer. I’m going to steal some from him now just don’t tell him.

The light white tea is the perfect base for this. If you want something refreshing light and delicious this is for you. If you don’t hear from me i probably had an overdose of melon tea lol

Azzrian

lol this sounds beautiful.

Caitlyn

It was amazing very odd for a tea but soo good!

This may be one of the best teas I’ve ever tried. It is glooorrriooouuuus.

Had it at the usual White Tea temperature despite the package suggesting I should put it in boiling water. It tastes like what life is all about. The melon is very flavoursome, the smell is amazing and the taste matches very closely. I thought I loved the Melon White Tea from The Republic of Tea but this one is like the plussed-up version of it. It’s so smooth and fantastic. It also has quite an ability for re-steeping, I made 4 cups with only 1 1/2 teaspoons. That’s good as it was quite expensive compared to the usual Lupicia teas, mote like $13 for 50 g rather than $6. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Drop whatever you’re doing and go buy this tea, right now!

The biggest problem with Lupicia is how they recommend boiling water for all their teas. Any true tea drinker knows this completely incorrect! After taking that into consideration, it’s a well-rounded melon tea. It’s pretty floral ontop of a melon aroma. The white tea flavor, when I have made it, is pretty strong but not overtly strong either. I find it a good alternative to the honeydew melon rooibos-based tea if I’m not feeling like rooibos at the time.

Flavors: Flowers, Melon

175 °F / 79 °C 6 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I feel like I totally ruined this tea because I followed directions and poured boiling water on top of these leaves. But the package said boiling sooo boiling it is.
I’ll probably make it anther time later this week with the usual time and temp for how I like my white teas.
But this has a wonderful melon scent right out of the package! Smells similar to their Golden Honey Dew, but definitely not as strong.
Steeping and it definitely smells burnt. Can tea do that? Give off a burnt aroma? And there are definitely scorch marks on the leaves.
IN MY DEFENSE, I WAS FOLLOWING THE PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS.
next time I’ll definitely make it the way I know white tea leaves like to be handled :)

Well, it’s nice. It doesn’t smell all that good, and the bright melon scent from the dry leaves definitely were replaced with something heavier. I think it’s because of the temperature of my water.
But even though I went against instinct and treated these leaves HORRIBLY (and followed instructions), this tea turned out nice! I would highly recommend using cooler water, and probably a longer steeping time, in an effort to keep the lightness and bright sent of the dry leaves.

Flavors: Melon

Boiling 1 min, 45 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ignore lupicias steeping recommendations always

jump62359

Dude. Lupicia is a GREAT company, but their steeping recommendations are always waaay off! I should have known better, but I wanted this tea in my belly so bad haha

Wow.

I opened up the packet and cantaloupes fell out. Or at least, that’s what it smelled like.

This is what other sweet flavored white teas aspire to and fail to achieve in my view.

I decided to steep in the gaiwan per the comment from yyz on my last white tea endeavor, however, I didn’t have the note in front of me and steeped a bit shorter. 30 seconds, then going up to 45.

The aroma is also of cantaloupe, though mellower. The liquor is pale yellow.

The flavor is pure cantaloupe, without any adjustments. There is no winy-ness to speak of, like some other melon flavored teas I’ve had. There’s no bitterness.

The tea isn’t planty or overpowering, nor is it non-existent, but I don’t get a strong flavor, more like a dark undercurrent that lets me know I’m drinking tea rather than hot cantaloupe juice.

The aftertaste is sweet and gently melon-y.

It’s the best flavored white I have had thus far that doesn’t rely on a tart citrus to cut an unpleasant mustiness, and I’ve rated it accordingly. The good news is I have a fair amount of this and I can play with the time and temp until I get it as close to perfect as possible.

Flavors: Melon

Fjellrev

Sounds great! Makes me wonder how it compares to Butiki’s Cantaloupe and Cream.

Anna

Fjellrev – I did a melon-off last year, with this, Lupicia’s Melon Oolong and Butiki’s C&C. They were so different I felt there was a place for all of them in my cupboard, but if I had to pick a single one, it would be the oolong. (Because oolong.)

keychange

Anna, I’m with you about the magic of that oolong. It’s like, desert island worthy as far as I’m concerned. I’ve been dreaming about it ever since I tried it. It’s changed my life. I’m a better person (ok well not really-that’d require less general rage LOL) because of it.

Anna

Hahaha, keychange, you sound exactly like my top tasting note for Lupicia’s Ripe Mango Oolong.

keychange

It’s what they do to us!

__Morgana__

Oooh, now I need to try the melon oolong!

Anna

Yes, you really do. All the oolongs.