Grenada

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Suzi

• “Sipdown, 145. I had two sample sachets of this one, one that came in the monthly newsletter and one that came with my handy cooler. For some reason I thought this would be a green tea (not paying...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1933 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning here. I got this as a sample with one of my Lupicia newsletters. I tend to like fruity teas and Lupicia seems to have a lot of them. This blend is fairly enjoyable, the black...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2341 tasting notes
  • “Sample from the Lupicia newsletter. I cant say I have much experience with Guava in my non tea life, so I cant exactly tell if the guava flavoring is very guava-y. I can tell that this is a...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 870 tasting notes
  • “I got a bag of this as a sample with my most recent Lupicia newsletter. This tea has the standard Lupicia black base, which I’m not crazy about. Although the dry sachet smells quite fruity, once...” Read full tasting note
    greenteafairy 198 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Guava flavored black tea with papaya gives a sweet aroma of the southern hemisphere.

About Lupicia View company

1933 tasting notes

Sipdown, 145. I had two sample sachets of this one, one that came in the monthly newsletter and one that came with my handy cooler. For some reason I thought this would be a green tea (not paying attention), but no, it was a black. I cold steeped them both in my new handy cooler; two sachets and 500ml of water worked out well.

I think I was never initially interested in this because of the papaya. I am of the opinion that fresh very ripe papaya smells like feet (I’ve had to deal with them lots in East Africa and Madagascar) so I typically avoid papaya anything. But I do like guava, and fortunately this doesn’t taste like feet. It’s actually quite delicious, and I would consider buying more of it for iced tea. The guava is very tasty and the other flavors just make it nicely tropical. Glad I got a sample of this one to try out!

Iced

I tend to like fruity teas and Lupicia seems to have a lot of them. This blend is fairly enjoyable, the black tea has a very smooth and mild flavor and I found the guava to be quite natural and subtle. I thought this might be good with almond milk, but I was wrong. Now it just tastes like almond flavored kool-aid, but part of the problem is I just don’t like almond milk in tea or coffee. :P

This would be good as an iced tea, I think. Not a “must have” item but I would certainly not turn a cup down if it was offered to me.

Sample from the Lupicia newsletter.
I can tell that this is a perfectly nice fruity black tea. I’m glad to have tried it, but I wont be buying any of this for myself.

I got a bag of this as a sample with my most recent Lupicia newsletter. This tea has the standard Lupicia black base, which I’m not crazy about. Although the dry sachet smells quite fruity, once steeped I’m mostly just getting the base. There’s a faint, generic fruitiness to it, but that’s all. I only steeped for two minutes, which I’d thought might be little enough time to keep the base from taking over. This probably would have been better cold-steeped, but I only had the one bag and didn’t want to bother for such a small quantity.

Great flavor! Grenada has a smooth taste and a very light black tea flavor. For those who enjoy milder blacks, this is a great tea to get. The tropical fruit additions give it an interesting flavor that I found to be enjoyable. I think drinking it iced is the way to go!

Iced

I need some black tea pump before I begin making my carrot cake for my tea hating husband and I’s 2nd wedding anniversary meal! Hooooot!

MMmmm, free teabag from Lupicia’s monthly tea magazine from awhile ago. This one is a black tea flavored with guava and papaya. It’s sweet and really fruity. I can be iffy on papaya, and sipping in theres a soapy papaya taste which I’m not into. After that, a really tasty guava flavor with a light black tea base standard of Lupicia black tea blends.

Wish I made this iced, I can imagine this tea would be really awesome iced. Ah well, peeps who like papaya would enjoy this tea more than me.

Stephanie

Happy anniversary :)

gmathis

Two years? Already? Wow! Enjoy each other!

My brain initially took this as a cherry tea based on the name (I’m not really sure what I was thinking either. It’s grenadine not Grenada, but whatever), so when I took the bag out and it smelled strongly of tropical fruits and just the slightest bit floral I was a bit surprised.

This is a very fruity tea, with guava being the dominant flavor. There’s some papaya in the aftertaste, but otherwise it doesn’t seem to have a presence. While I don’t find the guava flavor subtle, and maybe eve a little overwhelming, it’s a nice flavor and natural tasting.

I think this would be a delicious cold cup, but I only had the one bag and it’s gone now. I don’t think I’ll be seeking this one out for my collection, but I wouldn’t turn down a cup that was offered to me.

I had a sample sachet from the newsletter. I didn’t really think much of it — it tasted kind of generically fruity to me. It went cold before I could finish the cup, but I enjoyed it more iced anyway — the guava really came out then and it was quite pleasant.

This is a great tea, although it took a couple tries before it grew on me.

I like to make this in a For-Life teapot that I have, and I probably don’t put nearly enough leaves in for the amount of water I use, but then I basically just keep the infuser in. It never seems to get overbrewed, and it’s just a very smooth, mildly tropical/fruity flavor. I love to make an extra large batch and then have the rest as iced tea the next morning, as it is great too.

A solid tea!

Boiling 8 min or more

I really like this tea it’s very tropical