Pommier

Fruit Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “I think this tea was very recently blended, because when I opened the pouch, I could smell the alcohol. The alcohol is so strong that I thought that it might have been a rum flavored tisane until...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “So I finally cracked into my HUGE Lupicia sampler. I needed to sleep after night float and decided to open a yellow-orange packet. Pommier it was. It smells... very strong. Almost like celery...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes
  • “First impression as I inhale the dry leaves: kimyou. This is going to be weird. I think I can smell the maple in the dry blend. But once brewed, phew! This tea is stinky! :P I'm pretty sure...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 500 tasting notes
  • “Turns out the shop has put the wrong labels on my teas hence have to update this note. I had the real Pommier tea today and it was delicious. There is a subtle rooibus undertone and the apple part...” Read full tasting note
    polina 45 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A blend of rooibos tea and honeybush, scented with maple syrup and apple.

About Lupicia View company

I think this tea was very recently blended, because when I opened the pouch, I could smell the alcohol. The alcohol is so strong that I thought that it might have been a rum flavored tisane until after I tasted it, and could taste no alcohol essence. Just tasting apple, maple, rooibos and honeybush!

I really like this combination. I prefer honeybush/rooibos blends to strictly rooibos blends because I like the way the two work together. I can taste the honey-esque tones of the honeybush without tasting that funky sweetness from the rooibos. There is also a slight nut/wood like note but not overwhelming.

The apple and maple also work well together… very autumn-ish! Yum!

Boiling 8 min or more
pinky

Hi LiberTeas, I was just wondering, is alcohol routinely used as the vehicle for flavouring in teas?

LiberTEAS

@Pinky – yes. Teas are flavored with a flavoring oil, and those oils have an alcohol base. Generally, the alcohol evaporates shortly after the oils are applied to the teas, however, if the tea is packaged immediately after flavoring, the alcohol doesn’t have time to evaporate, which is why sometimes when you open a new package of tea, you experience an alcohol odor. The alcohol evaporates when the tea is brewed, and does not affect the flavor of the tea.

Even when you find flavored teas with large chunks of fruit mixed in, more often than not, the tea has also been flavored with oils, because the fruit chunks (or chocolate chunks, or whatever), really do not influence the flavor of the tea.

So I finally cracked into my HUGE Lupicia sampler. I needed to sleep after night float and decided to open a yellow-orange packet. Pommier it was. It smells… very strong. Almost like celery (and I absolutely hate celery). Some liquor-esque smell going on too.

Anyhow, I brewed up this rooibos. It is stinky! I decided to look up the tasting notes before I took a sip. Maple syrup, apple, honeybush, and rooibos? Strange combination. I would have expected it to have a different flavor and scent. I could detect apple in the aftertaste, but that was it. Not my favorite for sure.

TeaBrat

don’t think I’ll be getting this one… lol

First impression as I inhale the dry leaves: kimyou. This is going to be weird.

I’m pretty sure I’m not going to enjoy this one. I have to make myself try it and not just immediately dump it out. But I’m not holding out hope.

The verdict: it doesn’t taste quite as bad as it smells. I definitely taste apple as soon as it hits my tongue. But the aftertaste is strong, just like the aroma. It’s a very heavy, spice-laden tea.

Overall, it’s gross red rooibos & I’m not a fan. Time to brew something else!

Turns out the shop has put the wrong labels on my teas hence have to update this note. I had the real Pommier tea today and it was delicious. There is a subtle rooibus undertone and the apple part is very strong and fragrant. Good with milk or without. Makes a perfect night time tea since rooibus has no caffeine.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this tea! I’ve previously tried a different rooibos tea that I didn’t like before, and I thought maybe I just didn’t like that type of tea until I tried this one. The apple is actually very prominent in taste and fragrance—delicious! I liked drinking this cold after steeping it in boiling water; it’s very refreshing and nice to have on a hot summer night.