Cache-Cache

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni

• “I picked up his sample tonight among all the samples kindly sent by *Devilish* To me, this mysterious tea has mango and probably tropical fruits. It's really very mellow and sweet, just like...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 357 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I found another sampling of this tea in my tea stash. It's a very unique tea in that it seems like every time I try it, it tastes a little different. This time, I tasted notes of...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4423 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this tea took me back to childhood. My father used to open up a can of "fruit cocktail" and carefully divide everything into 6 identical servings. He had to use a knife to break down...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes
  • “Haven't had any of this in awhile, and I only had two bags left, and I've been working on a three-day panettone project that I FINALLY stuck in the oven this morning. So a nice, delicate,...” Read full tasting note
    janniverse 58 tasting notes

From Lupicia

CACHE-CACHE” means “hide-and-seek” in French. This is a tea where various flavors are hidden and found.

About Lupicia View company

I picked up his sample tonight among all the samples kindly sent by Devilish

To me, this mysterious tea has mango and probably tropical fruits.
It’s really very mellow and sweet, just like having a kind of smoothie sirup with water.

The point is for my taste the tea base is really weak to welcome the flavours.This is the kind of tea I would let my daughter have without problem.Pleasant, sweet and not strong at all !

It may be a nice iced tea perhaps.

Thanks Devilish for sahring it with me :)

Devilish

I haven’t tasted this tea myself yet! Sounds really mysterious… perhaps I should brew it for a longer time given the relatively weak tea base.

Ysaurella

yes it may change a little – I’m looking forward to read your review about it

Backlog:

I found another sampling of this tea in my tea stash. It’s a very unique tea in that it seems like every time I try it, it tastes a little different. This time, I tasted notes of vanilla, banana and hints of spice. A smoothie sort of taste, but, imagine a smoothie with a few spices tossed in just for something a little different.

Tasty.

The aroma of this tea took me back to childhood. My father used to open up a can of “fruit cocktail” and carefully divide everything into 6 identical servings. He had to use a knife to break down the coveted cherries and the grapes into smaller pieces. After about an hour he would triumphantly serve 6 identical bowls up to 6 little maws.

The aroma of cache-cache reminds me of those canned fruit cocktail treats of the Dwight and Mamie era. Cache-cache is a very fruity black tea. It is the opposite of smoke and the opposite of vegetal. It led me on a petite Madeleine moment for which I am grateful. It manages to be both upscale and bargain basement in its affect. It seems like a confection from Rumplemeyer’s (off Central Park and a paradise for children) and, at the same time, something from one of those bashed-up tins that you see your co-workers donating to “Food for the Homeless”. I may be imposing an identity crisis that the tea does not deserve. I think that the tea is perfect for parents and grandparents to serve children at an exquisite tea-party. I also imagine that it will elicit and draw out memories of childhood. The name means “hide and seek” in French, another evocation of childhood.

gmathis

Love the memory and the description. This one needs to go on my list.

SoccerMom

What a sweet memory.

LENA

Absolutely lovely.

Stephanie

A heartwarming/heartwrenching description of a memory. Just beautiful!

Haven’t had any of this in awhile, and I only had two bags left, and I’ve been working on a three-day panettone project that I FINALLY stuck in the oven this morning. So a nice, delicate, orange-spiced-black tea really seemed like a good idea first thing in the morning! :D

I love how Lupicia has somehow managed to harness their scent of orange flower so that it isn’t cloying or overpowering in the least. Instead, it’s almost mildly intoxicating. You can see the pink peppercorns, but you can’t really smell them when you first open the package. That doesn’t come until later.

This is another one where Lupicia recommends boiling water for 3-5 minutes. No problem; 5 minutes it is. :)

The first taste is suggestive of more, and also suggestive that just a hint of sugar (maybe 1/2 teaspoon?) would stand it in excellent stead. And it does. (I love honey in tea, but I usually only break it out if I significantly want to alter the flavour of whatever I’m drinking, because it’s got such a distinct flavour of its own.)

Here’s where you smell the pink peppercorn, and slightly taste it as well. It’s not biting or sharp, but it adds a certain zing to that orange/black tea combo. This tea tastes like memories, and is a deep amber in colour that it reaches after about 4 minutes of brewing.

Meanwhile, the panettone is baking up beautifully and is almost done. The house smells heavenly right now. I can’t wait to try it. Happy Festivus, everyone! :D

takgoti

This sounds lovely! Happy Festivus, indeed! Who won the Feats of Strength at your house?

Janni

My rabbit! I suspect he cheats. ;)

Couldn’t resist getting this because they don’t tell you what it is. Steeped as suggested 5oz water/3min. The bag weighs 3.22g so I’m expecting a nice strong cup. The smell increases my expectation of that. It looks like it’s black in base and smells heavily of orange and passionfruit or mango.

Yep. It’s a black. The liquor is a very dark translucent brown w/ reddish tints and the aroma is still very fruity.

The flavor is much like the aroma. A smooth, heavily fruity flavored black tea (although now much more passionfruity/mangoy than orangey). A little like unset jello.

__Morgana__

Oooh, a mystery tea! How interesting. They should offer a prize for whoever guesses what is in it.

This tea didn’t work for me because there were too many flavours, all of which I didn’t seem to like so much. The tea was decent at first but a few sips later, the flavours tasted stranger. I believe I am not a fan of peppercorn as the sakurambo didn’t work out for my tastebuds either. I tried to sweeten it and still no luck. :(

Cofftea

Your comment about too many flavors sounds like something my mom would say. She doesn’t like blends. The closest she’ll come is French Vanilla.

li-chan

Haha, that is too funny Cofftea. I do like a variety of flavours if they are pleasant ones. Strawberry and Vanilla was good but that is only 2! hmmm..oh, the chai’s have a bunch of flavours and those are heavenly.

This is what I imagine H&S’ Paris would be if Paris removed the vanilla and lemony bergamot. The tea base is unassuming at best and uninspiring at worst which to me means iced tea. Note that I bought this tea for its pretty Christmas tin, the one with the constellation-themed fish. (In my mind I know I bought a $2 sticker for the premium of a tin but Christmas is when I get stupid splurgy.)

this tea is really good. just really really good. its fruity and the little silver cachous just top it off.

This tea is a mystery and has an interesting flavor. Unlike what some said, I wouldn’t describe it as “fruity”. You do taste a bit of something fruity, but the tea also has a peppery flavor, which I catch every time. The black tea base is about medium in intesity. Not a bad tea, but not one of my all time favs, either. Overall, worth a try.