Kuuipo

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “I got this small tin of tea at the Lupicia store a few months ago, they gave it to me as a freebie and I more or less forgot about it until I was digging through my stash looking for something this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2356 tasting notes
  • “This smells really tropical and yummy! I can clearly taste mango and papaya. But it's unfortunate that I detect a distinctive bitter and tart taste in the tea... which I am going to attribute to...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 306 tasting notes
  • “*TTB Tea #6* Ok... I have no clue what this is. No steeping directions on the bag or on here... I can't even ??find?? it on their website. I ??do?? know that it isn't the flowering tea it used...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Mango, papaya and hibiscus flower blended with scent of guava. Red rose petal accents the tea.

About Lupicia View company

I got this small tin of tea at the Lupicia store a few months ago, they gave it to me as a freebie and I more or less forgot about it until I was digging through my stash looking for something this morning.

A while ago they were doing a bunch of Hawaiian themed teas, which I think were a limited edition and have since been discontinued. But I tend to like tropical fruit flavored things, so thought I’d give this a whirl today.

The tin I got has rose petals in it and a small chunk or two of fruit. I didn’t overload the tea with leaf (as I am wont to do), but had about a respectable 2 tsp. for 12 oz or so of water.

I steeped this for 4 minutes with nearly boiling water. I was definitely a bit worried after reading the other tasting note that said the tea was bitter. Thankfully I am not picking that up here.

I liked this actually. I seriously have no clue what the base tea here is but I’m thinking after looking at the leaf it is a Ceylon or an Indian tea of some sort, perhaps a Nilgiri. My cup is fairly light, it’s kind of a dark orange-y color. The tropical fruit flavors are present but do not overwhelm you at all. I’m getting a bit of mango & papaya and the guava scent is nice. I am drinking this hot but I think it would definitely shine as an iced tea. I will have to try doing that soon!

Bonnie

Sounds good!

Daniel Scott

Two teaspoons in a cup sounds like so much to me! I’d generally use 1.5 teaspoons max in a 12 ounce cup, and I keep hearing things like this that make me wonder if I underleaf my teas all the time.

CHAroma

Lupicia in particular has a really weird leaf to water ratio. They say to brew their teabags, which contain about 3 grams of tea, in only 5 oz. of water.

TeaBrat

Daniel, it really depends on the tea. I know I have a tendency to over do it though. :)

This smells really tropical and yummy! I can clearly taste mango and papaya. But it’s unfortunate that I detect a distinctive bitter and tart taste in the tea… which I am going to attribute to hibiscus. It’s weird enough to turn a near-perfect cup into a disaster. Shame. The black tea base is a bit too strong as well, so I’d suggest a shorter brewing time (~2 minutes).

TTB Tea #6

Ok… I have no clue what this is. No steeping directions on the bag or on here… I can’t even find it on their website. I do know that it isn’t the flowering tea it used to say here (I changed it), and it’s black. It does smell like the discription here though- nice and fruity w/ hints of rose.

The liquor is a darkish read color and the aroma is that of the raw leaf only I can smell more of the base.

This isn’t anything special. More fruity than floral… and unfortunately the base does come thrue… as a tad bitter.

1 bag (3.14g)/6oz just below boiling water.