Hanalei

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni

From Lupicia

Banana flavored rooibos tea with coconut flakes and yellow petals.

About Lupicia View company

Mmmm, banana runts iced tea. Lol! I do love Hanalei though, and the amazing shave ice over macadamia nut ice cream you can get there! Man, I need to get back to Kauai!!

1970 tasting notes

I resteeped this last night but never got around to drinking it so now I am sipping on it cold. Now, usually I try not to do a whole separate note for resteeps but I thought some would like to know (cough Courtney cough) that cold, this is 100% banana medicine deliciousness. MmmmMmmm. Thank you Dustin!!

How do I order this?

VariaTEA

Hahaha. If it is still on the website when I eventually place a Lupicia order, I can include some for you. Or, I can share some of mine so you can try it before committing to a lot (just in case the rooibos is too much since you tend to notice stuff you really don’t like).

Courtney

Oh right, I forgot this was rooibos. How do you order to Canada? I had a cart going before I realized it doesn’t breach the border.

Courtney

Oh nevermind. I remember now haha.

keychange

Honestly this sounds so awesome, but I’m so scared of rooibos!

I was so excited to see that Lupicia was selling some of their Hawaii only blends online for a limited time! There were two that I grabbed, but I’m wishing I had got one or two others too.

Dry, this tea smells overwhelmingly like bananas and coconut. So much so that it almost makes me ill, but I’m hoping it translates into a well flavored tea. Once steeped, the steeped leaves have taken on a soapy smell. Kinda gross. The tea has some of that soapy smell but it also has a bubblegum scent too. It tastes a little like both with the addition of banana and coconut. I had to sweeten this a little and I added a splash of milk because it just wasn’t doing it for me plain. Okay, here we go… the soapiness is gone. It is still a little gum like, but I think that is the fruity flavors. I’m liking it a lot better now. I think the aftertaste is the best. I’m left with a really nice creamy conana (that has to be the combo word for coconut and banana, right?) flavor. I think I need to play with this some more, maybe try it iced, but I think it has a lot of potential and packs a flavorful punch. The second steep still has a lot of flavor, but it doesn’t differ much from the first cup.

Kat_Maria

Aren’t you lucky! They were out of these blends pretty quick.

Dustin

This one iss till availible bagged and they have one other blend in a tin left. Next time one of us goes to Hawaii, we need to place a group order with them! :)

Kat_Maria

Yeah, I know there were some leftovers but ultimately not anything I was too excited about. I would totally splash out money for the entire collection if I happened to be in Hawaii! ;) Perhaps they will make them available again some time since they did so well.